Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Kebe - signed for Leeds

With Knockaert and Mahrez's imminent arrival another right sided player would imbalance the squad with the left wing. So don't think it's the best place to spend the money we have = not what we need regardless of his pace.

Mahrez has not arrived though, and still may not if we can't sort a fee with his team.  As I said, no doubt we've had many irons in many fires to find a winger. Something we ares till trying to do.

Surprised you were allowed to post that. Absolutely slanderous comment to make!

;)

Only middle of the road non-controversial football posts are the ones that make it through. 

Anything else is too dangerous. 

I've also got to change my name to AnotherGreatSeasonFollowingTheFoxes.  :scarf:  :sick:

Even if he is interested in us, do we want him? He seem to struggle in Prem though I make this assumption based on even that Palace don't want him. We have to sign players with one eye whether if they can cut it in Prem. 

We have to sign 'players with one eye'. I'd rather they had two!

Sky sports say that Leeds have got him.

Wouldnt surprise me with BMD being there 

Crystal Palace winger Jimmy Kebe is set to sign for Leeds United, Sky sources understand. The 29-year-old Mali international is poised to head north from Crystal Palace, where he has made only six Premier League appearances since his summer switch from Reading.

We have to sign 'players with one eye'. I'd rather they had two!

lol  Well played my fellow! I assume you knew what I really meant though!

Are we getting a little too over confident.

No, it would be a practical thing to think ahead and plan for all possibilities. Even more so if it always have been our target to get promoted.

Ouch. Late charge from the cvnts? 

Indeed, but we are currently 16 points ahead of Leeds. That's the equivalent to them going on a 6 game winning run and us losing 6 games in a row, but such a turnaround in from is liekly to be over a longer period of time.

I would suggest that if our form drops to such an extent then we will be worrying about more clubs than Leeds.

Personally I'm more worried about what Forest and QPR do in this transfer window as I would suggest that they have the strongest squads (if not the best teams) and the best base to build from.

Are we getting a little too over confident.

I don't think he is, we are currently top of the league and we should always look to improve the squad... what more improvement can there be than players who can cut the mustard in the Prem?

Plus if the unthinkable happens and we do get promoted than we will have to look at investing further money. Remember last season when Hull got to this point and they bolstered in a few areas and it proved to be exactly what they needed to finish. 

I don't think he is, we are currently top of the league and we should always look to improve the squad... what more improvement can there be than players who can cut the mustard in the Prem?

Plus if the unthinkable happens and we do get promoted than we will have to look at investing further money. Remember last season when Hull got to this point and they bolstered in a few areas and it proved to be exactly what they needed to finish. 

This is very true. We were absolutely level pegging with Hull at this point last season. They were quite active in January - most notably in the forward positions. After January their form remained consistent whereas ours plummeted.

I always think that the first half of the season is about establishing yourself as a promotion candidate whereas the second half is about hanging on and having a squad that can plod through an English winter. There will be some rubbish games in the run in when everyone is desperate for points and a few sneaky 1 goal wins may be the difference.

Is our squad large and durable enough to hold on? Last season it wasn't!

Archived