Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bettsj2

Sean St Ledger

What a waste of money, think of all those footballers or even people who would do absolutely anything for his wage. His attitude is all wrong. His twitter picture of the Leicester Under 21's logo sums the guy up. Pathetic and gutless.

Get him sold or out on loan (preferably with some wages being paid by the loaning club). He needs to move on. Tbh I'd take 200-300k if we could get that for him now. His wages are a big clog up on financial accounts.

We won't get nothing for him be happy to let him walk for nothing.

He isn't a bad player, but I've always questioned his attitude... He fell out with people at Peterborough, fell out with people at Middlesbrough and fell out with people here which resulted in him being transfer listed.

One player who got unfairly criticized.

He actually had some decent spells for us, start of last season he was excellent in defence alongside Wes.

Injuries and attitude got the better of him though, so time for him to head for the exit.

He's a decent Championship defender but he's nowhere near as good as he thinks he is (which is probably the cause of his attitude problems).

He's been ok for us on the whole, more in the Danns and Peltier category than the Beckford and Mills one. He had some decent spells in the team but for me he was never too far away from a mistake which was more often than not goal-costing and completely avoidable. If he didn't think he was as good as he does and kept his game simpler then he'd probably be a better defender than he currently is.

Not as bad a player as some make out, but he is paid well and is constantly injured.

He has no place here now, and needs to move on, as he isn't going to get near the first team, and if he went in loan, even if they didn't pay all his wages, it would save us a few quid.

I'm a fan of St Ledger but I can't help feel his injury problems are somewhat self inflicted, it's easy to think that with the lifestyle he leads. I'll be intrigued to see if they miraculously clear up once he leaves us for good and can rediscover his career. He's done alright for us when he's been fit, he's been far better than a lot of the Sven era signings. He's also very good with the academy lads, he has spent a lot of time encouraging them and the likes of Beaglehole and Rudkin have nothing but praise for him, that shouldn't go un-noticed.

Archived