Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Birmingham Post Match Thread 1 - 2

Birmingham boss Lee Clark:

"The scoreline doesn't tell the whole story. In every aspect of the game Leicester's confidence was sky high.

"We were happy at the end of the first half that it was only 1-0. We had a go in the second half but they were always the dominant side.

"The league table doesn't lie. Eight wins on the bounce at any level is a fantastic achievement. They have quality all over their team and Nigel Pearson has assembled a very good team. I hope that they go on and get promoted."

"The scoreline doesn't tell the whole story. In every aspect of the game Leicester's confidence was sky high.

"We were happy at the end of the first half that it was only 1-0. We had a go in the second half but they were always the dominant side.

"The league table doesn't lie. Eight wins on the bounce at any level is a fantastic achievement. They have quality all over their team and Nigel Pearson has assembled a very good team. I hope that they go on and get promoted."

He's praying we'll loan him some of our reserves to help them out.

Fair play Lee Clark, always thought he was a cvnt...

1795272_10152181854307209_1724645328_o.j

From my seat in the home end as no one at the club bothered to mention I could buy an away ticket on the gate.

What did you make of our end noise wise from where you were?

I thought we were fantastic tonight whereas Birmingham look like a club that has lost it's soul. Half-empty stands all round, a terrible team and about 12 lads in total committed to an atmosphere.

I've never seen an easier first half for any team than tonight. Men against boys would be an insult to us. Birmingham were truly dreadful, way out of their depth, but we looked ridiculously classy in comparison.

The problem is it was too easy, we were complacent once we went 1-0 up and tried to be too exact with our moves. Some of our final balls were also just a bit off.

Birmingham improved slightly after the break and I was worried that just a bit of luck could have led to our undoing (the referee was an utter disgrace, the worst I've seen all season, his assistants as well).

2-1 massively flattered them though and Vardy's nicely taken 2nd goal was just the kind of ruthlessness we need in front of goal at the end of some lovely football.

I'm struggling to see where it can go wrong tbh. We're surely too good to cock this up.

Archived