Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

A genuine question...

Newcastle have just lost 6 on the bounce and are on their worst run since 1987. Despite yet another amazing turnout by the Geordies last night, the team on the pitch again went-down with a whimper.

Added to this... Villa.. now in the relegation zone with their fans baying for blood.

Given this, do you think that Pearson could be head-hunted over the next few weeks, with a view to him moving-on?

If he was, would he even consider leaving? I don't mean to sound pessimistic and definitely would hate for him to leave, but will other clubs come sniffing, given the season we have had?

Opinions please.....

Other clubs should definitely come sniffing if their owners had any sense, Nigel is a fantastic manager. However, a lot of them tend to go for foreigners these days rather than English managers. I don't think Nigel will leave, not for another season at least, he's worked too hard to get us where we are, it would be pointless if he, and any of the out of contract players left now.

Other clubs should definitely come sniffing if their owners had any sense, Nigel is a fantastic manager. However, a lot of them tend to go for foreigners these days rather than English managers. I don't think Nigel will leave, not for another season at least, he's worked too hard to get us where we are, it would be pointless if he, and any of the out of contract players left now.

Totally agree with this. Nothing more to add. 

I think they could come sniffing but Nigel has earnt the right to give managing in the Premier League a shot with a squad that he (in the most part) has built. I can't see him giving that up for anything really.

Newcastle are an interesting story, financially sound, listened to 5live, their only target for pardew was to finish in the top 10 and also targeted not to take the cups seriously, ashley doesnt talk to the fans , leaves pardew to be the clubs voice, but is so arrogant can see why the fans hate him.

Would pearson fancy that? Hope not, but dont think he would be their choice, prob go foreign.

Think the good thing for us is that there are not too many clubs that would be seem as a step up from us given our owners, support etc

But as we know football has its crazy ways!

I assume that the owners will offer NP at least 3 years and i expect he will stick with LCFC if give the chance... however, should the absurd happen and in about 9 months he is sacked, im sure he will have a number of suitors looking for his services, particularly if they have been relegated.

when pearson was sacked for sousa ,  he was in close contact with people at the club, throughout the time he wasn't here . he really does love lcfc and being here . I know that for a fact . but money talks , always will . imo its all he'd leave for and I don't think he's like that .

Can't see him considering leaving. He's built up a squad here and just achieved winning the title. Why would he throw it all away? ... I imagine both clubs are attractive if job opportunities were available though, to any manager... Don't want Villa to get relegated now we are in the Prem, a team I quite fancy seeing again! 

This is our inferiority complex kicking in isn't it? Yes Villa and Newcastle may be considered bigger clubs, but if you take history into every equation, then so are Leeds and Preston. The here and now of it is he's built a winning team with a club that has fantastic prospects. We are on our way up as a club, cannot see why he would jump on a bigger sinking ship.

Newcastle have just lost 6 on the bounce and are on their worst run since 1987. Despite yet another amazing turnout by the Geordies last night, the team on the pitch again went-down with a whimper.

Added to this... Villa.. now in the relegation zone with their fans baying for blood.

Given this, do you think that Pearson could be head-hunted over the next few weeks, with a view to him moving-on?

If he was, would he even consider leaving? I don't mean to sound pessimistic and definitely would hate for him to leave, but will other clubs come sniffing, given the season we have had?

Opinions please.....

I thought villa were 3 points clear of Norwich in 18th? And have a game in hand on them.

They will probably come sniffing until the contract situation is resolved, firing Pardew won't come cheap, how many years left on his 6 year deal, so picking up a class manager out of contract will interest all those looking, West Brom will most likely be looking for a manager soon, Norwich, Newcastle, Villa, Penfold isn't exactly popular at Fulham, even if he does keep them up. Monk has done well for Swansea, but they still might want to make a change, likewise Sherwood at Spurs, they might be sounding out new managers whether they would be interested in Nige or not, the fact he is English out of contract and successful will make a lot of clubs take interest. 

Until he signs a contract there will be many clubs sniffing around of course, seeing if they can pick up a good young English manager without having to pay compensation, easy way to resolve this situation is get the contract signed.

Opinions please.....

I'm not sure he would leave to join Villa to be honest.  I think he appreciates that we have decent owners and I do think he is happy at the moment.  Newcastle would be a harder job to turn down in my opinion but I still think he would stay put.

They might well come sniffing but unprecedented in our history we actually have strong backing at the club from the owners and Pearson will hopefully feel strongly that the "fit" at Leicester is right and knows too well from his timeat Hull and Mandaric/Hoos how crap owners can be towards managers

If Newcastle had any intention of sacking Pards they'd have done it after the headbutt, so as to escape paying any of the huge compo an 8-year contract gets you. He'll still be there next season.

Agree 100%.

Plus it would be deluded to sack him for "underperformance". They are (just) in the top 10.  Having sold Cabaye they were always going to struggle to get much higher.

We know as well as any club that sacking managers the minute things turn tough gets you nowhere.

If the Geordies sack Pardew, they get what they deserve. 

Probably Sven.

Archived