Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

hayfever

Find your nearest beekeeper and stock up with local honey - eat a little every day - It helps you with immunity (as in the vaccination/immunotherapy theory) as the honey contains pollen spores. When you eat the honey, it triggers an immune system response producing antibodies to fight the effects. When the body is actually exposed to the pollens etc. the antibodies recognise this and are ready for them.

Obviously not scientifically proven, but a well regardexd theory.

I've been keeping bees for a few years now and it works well for me (used to get Hayfever and Asthma really bad in the spring).

Oh and use different anti histamines (loratadine, certirizine etc..) if one doesn't work another might.

Roll on winter :P

Me Great Grama told me of this beaut treatment last year in Brighton and it's worked an absolute treat!! Gonna get some more in don't know why I even bothered with the tablets again. I don't even like the idea of tablets.

• 1 year later...

This time of year again! Suffering really badly the last week or so. 

I'm actually having to use my Asthma inhaler I haven't needed in years because the hay fever is affecting my breathing at night.

I'm craving a cold, rainy January day. 

Horrific yesterday... spent the day in bloody bed I could hardly breath.

I went to Austin in Texas and found out I had a cedar allergy. You could see the clouds of pollen approaching. Genuinely one of the worst experiences of my life

When the fluffy tree pollen is blowing about I want to slice my face off.

When the breeze gets up on a warm sunny evening you might as well jump in the bath and breath through a straw.

Remember, one of the biggest school boy errors is forgetting all of the pollen attached to your clothes and hair a when you come inside. This can cause mischief well after sunset...

Edited by Collymore

I hate it so much, that I actually look forward to winter every year. Then when I'm just starting to enjoy the nicer weather in spring and I've forgotten all about it, I notice the symptoms and I'm gutted.

I take tablets for it, but I really don't think they affect me very much.

I've heard that Zinc is good for it. Still need to try the local honey thing.

I've just bought one of these...

http://www.lloydspharmacy.com/en/lloydspharmacy-allergy-reliever-15677

Heard a lot of good things about them. Only just started using it, so I can't give a proper review yet. I'll try and remember to keep a note of how well it's working.

I'm sat here with tissue shoved up my nose and eyes looking like I've smoked an ounce of weed . I genuinely cannot breathe out of my nose.

My last 2 weekends have been ruined because of hayfever , and I don't have a solution to stop it . I have the eye drops, eye spray, every make of tablet you can think of, two nasel sprays, and nothing can stop it.

Horrific

I hate it so much, that I actually look forward to winter every year. Then when I'm just starting to enjoy the nicer weather in spring and I've forgotten all about it, I notice the symptoms and I'm gutted.

I take tablets for it, but I really don't think they affect me very much.

I've heard that Zinc is good for it. Still need to try the local honey thing.

I've just bought one of these...

http://www.lloydspharmacy.com/en/lloydspharmacy-allergy-reliever-15677

Heard a lot of good things about them. Only just started using it, so I can't give a proper review yet. I'll try and remember to keep a note of how well it's working.

I hVe just bought that so will try it , but not holding any hope

• 2 weeks later...

Worse year for it I have ever had! Eyes are itchy, mouth is saw, top of my mouth is itchy, glands up, and tonsils sore, but worst is my sinuses above my nose and eyebrow areas are swollen and extra painful leading to nose bleeds, I look like I have been stung in the evening. Boots antihistamine (loratadine) calm it for a while but evenings come around and I'm fecked. Can't sleep at night with the window open because it sets me off, can't sleep with it closed because it's horridly hot!

Going to the dr next week to hopefully find a different solution.

• 10 months later...

Hit me like a ton of bricks today.

A bit gutted really as I'd been clear all year up to now, thought I might have grown out of it.

Same, seems it's just a late year.

Some one mentioned beconase nasal spray, great stuff. Always holds up well when I'm out strimming paths getting overloaded with grass pollen.

Do some people still have a yearly injection in their butt cheeks to cure hay fever? I still have an image in my mind from 40 years ago of my Mum's bare arse as she went to the Doc's for an injection, and dragged me along for the show aged about 3 to 6. Not pleasant for me, her or the Doctor for that matter...