Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

hayfever

The worst I’ve ever had it right now to the point my sinuses are painful and the drugs for it make me want to just go to bed. It’s weird I’ve never suffered this bad in my life and I’m 49, it’s interesting reading all the random stories of people being cured or getting it for no reason. 

the local honey thing seems to be popular but not found any yet. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, grth2004 said:

The worst I’ve ever had it right now to the point my sinuses are painful and the drugs for it make me want to just go to bed. It’s weird I’ve never suffered this bad in my life and I’m 49, it’s interesting reading all the random stories of people being cured or getting it for no reason. 

the local honey thing seems to be popular but not found any yet. 

I'm only a few years younger than you, and I have developed it this year for the first time, although not as badly as you. Still not nice though! 

• Like 1

A sufferer since I can remember, always told I'd likely grow out of it or I'd get used to it, absolute nonsense, I swear it's getting worse every year.

As mentioned above the last couple of weeks have been vile and know it will last like this until late July / early August. For whatever reason it does taper down slightly so can only assume the fvcker that's affecting me now starts to lose its potency as I know many that suffer well into late September.

5 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

A sufferer since I can remember, always told I'd likely grow out of it or I'd get used to it, absolute nonsense, I swear it's getting worse every year.

As mentioned above the last couple of weeks have been vile and know it will last like this until late July / early August. For whatever reason it does taper down slightly so can only assume the fvcker that's affecting me now starts to lose its potency as I know many that suffer well into late September.

I normally only suffer from Feb-April. This year my eyes are on fire since Feb. Last week has been a beast for pollen. 

• Like 1

On 21/06/2022 at 19:09, Parafox said:

I used to suffer from it terribly from teen to about 40, the whole constantly streaming eyes and nose, blocked nasal passages, itchy throat and swollen, itchy eyes, repeatedly sneezing, feeling sh1t, short of breath, unable to sleep. Actually quite debilitating. I could hardly go outside between June and August .  Now I barely have a sniffle. :dunno:

Very similar for me.

Had it terribly as a teenager.  After a few years, found a nasal spray medication that worked fairly well.

Each passing year, got a little bit less bad ... able to stop taking medication when i got to 40.

Since then, it has continued just getting slightly better each year ... and now it's only a minor irritant.

• 11 months later...

I seemed to catch it in1981 - I had a massive allergic reaction in some long grass - I was 10 years old. . I used to stream but now my sinuses are absolutely fuched. It’s like knitting needles up the nose and into the top of my head and being forcibly poked in both eyes every morning and a constant headache. I feel like shite and have never found a cure. I like this honey idea - how does it potentially work. If anybody has anything else that works please let me know 

A couple of years ago I was living on the edge of town, close to the countryside and walking a dog every day. Hay fever was the worst I've ever had it.

So far this year, it's not been too bad, although I now live in a more urban area. I did start taking antihistamines in mid-May though, which is about 2-4 weeks before I normally start feeling it. Apparently getting ahead of the game in that way can help.

June is when mine kicks in bad most years, just started to feel it gradually increasing in the past few weeks. Last year I was struggling badly but after trying Beconase and using a bit of Vaseline around the nose that made a big difference, so fingers crossed this year won't be too bad now I'm prepared. :flowers:

1 hour ago, Libertine said:

June is when mine kicks in bad most years, just started to feel it gradually increasing in the past few weeks. Last year I was struggling badly but after trying Beconase and using a bit of Vaseline around the nose that made a big difference, so fingers crossed this year won't be too bad now I'm prepared. :flowers:

Me too... 

Screenshot_20230612_220720_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox_edit_880613337745316.jpg

• Like 1

18 hours ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

I seemed to catch it in1981 - I had a massive allergic reaction in some long grass - I was 10 years old. . I used to stream but now my sinuses are absolutely fuched. It’s like knitting needles up the nose and into the top of my head and being forcibly poked in both eyes every morning and a constant headache. I feel like shite and have never found a cure. I like this honey idea - how does it potentially work. If anybody has anything else that works please let me know 

Teaspoon of local honey every day. The scientists say there is no evidence it works, but chatting to the nurse whilst giving blood last week, and she swore by it.

• Like 1

Ravaged by this as ever, plays havoc with my asthma as well which it has done.

Also had a problem with my ear that the Dr has attributed to fluid in my sinuses due to hayfever. Has anyone ever heard of that? Basically spent about 6 weeks of on and off deafness in my right ear.

16 hours ago, Collymore said:

Does anyone else find that the tablets make you feel a bit odd? It's certainly better than a full blown pollen attack but I find the side effects of those tablets make me feel a bit odd - hard to describe. 

Try switching to a different type. 

Loratadine don’t knock me around as much. 

This thread is ideal for me pinpointing when my hay fever starts each year as I've posted each year since 2014! It's always June for me as the grass pollen really hits.

Still using a mix of Benadryl and Beconase nasal spray. Also this year it's affecting my asthma a lot so am needing my inhalers frequently. 

My son has been really struggling this last 2 weeks. It’s horrible watching him suffer so much. 

The dr has prescribed a liquid antihistamine so hoping that works and helps out. He was in tears last night as his eyes were so sore. 

Any one else’s kids struggling and found anything that works? 

1 hour ago, Wrighty22 said:

My son has been really struggling this last 2 weeks. It’s horrible watching him suffer so much. 

The dr has prescribed a liquid antihistamine so hoping that works and helps out. He was in tears last night as his eyes were so sore. 

Any one else’s kids struggling and found anything that works? 

My son is the same although thankfully he's not too bad, not as bad as me anyway.

He's only just turning 2 this month so he can't understand rubbing his eyes like a madman is only making it worse. And obviously you can't keep him indoors at this time of year. 

He also kicks off big time when trying to give liquid antihistamine so we have to mix it in with his juice bottle. Seems to work okay though.