Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AnotherShitSeason

Heavy handed censorship on here

You've always been more diplomatic than me. :D

Well that's a diplomatic response, long winded according to MrsG :D

The content of my posts aren't the issue here. There was nothing derogatory or offensive. Just a flippant / topical post regarding next season.

It's the suppression of anything other than unbridled positivity that the problem here. I just don't think that way…and wouldn't ever want to.

I'm a target because I don't think the same way as everyone else on here.

Whoever deleted my thread shoved it back up (locked) once I made a fuss & they realised they were acting like a crazed North Korean Dictator.

I am Foxes Talk's evangelist of free speech. The Peoples Poster! Never a troll. Just a purveyor Truth, Justice & Negative thought.

You're not being censored. I think your posts are just being removed because of the repetition of the same point.

All your posts say exactly the same thing: You think we're piss poor and are going to fail miserably next season (in fact, every season).

That's fine as an opinion - but you've alredy said it, and there's only so many ways you can say the same thing before people just ask you to shut up. Just because you can think of new and inventive ways to say it (eg "it's like watching Brazil"), doesn't make it a new opinion worthy of a new discussion. It's the same opinion, just phrased differently. Hence it just gets removed.

It would be exactly the same if someone came on here just constantly saying that we are fantastic all the time. Anyone who started a thread saying "It'll be like watching Germany next season - we will conquer all!" would probably get exactly the same treatment.

Can we finally nail you to the cross now?

So long as it's not a burning one. Bit hot.

Posting on here is a privilege not a right. Mark doesn't have to suffer your shit.

If you don't like the way you're treated then **** off.

Stroll on! I've heard it all now. lol

"Mark doesn't have to suffer your shit" :crylaugh::flowers::kissing:

You're not being censored. I think your posts are just being removed because of the repetition of the same point.

All your posts say exactly the same thing: You think we're piss poor and are going to fail miserably next season (in fact, every season).

That's fine as an opinion - but you've alredy said it, and there's only so many ways you can say the same thing before people just ask you to shut up. Just because you can think of new and inventive ways to say it (eg "it's like watching Brazil"), doesn't make it a new opinion worthy of a new discussion. It's the same opinion, just phrased differently. Hence it just gets removed.

It would be exactly the same if someone came on here just constantly saying that we are fantastic all the time. Anyone who started a thread saying "It'll be like watching Germany next season - we will conquer all!" would probably get exactly the same treatment.

To be fair if posts were always removed for repetition there wouldn't be much left on the forum! ;)

The content of my posts aren't the issue here. There was nothing derogatory or offensive. Just a flippant / topical post regarding next season.

It's the suppression of anything other than unbridled positivity that the problem here. I just don't think that way…and wouldn't ever want to.

I'm a target because I don't think the same way as everyone else on here.

Whoever deleted my thread shoved it back up (locked) once I made a fuss & they realised they were acting like a crazed North Korean Dictator.

I am Foxes Talk's evangelist of free speech. The Peoples Poster! Never a troll. Just a purveyor Truth, Justice & Negative thought.

There are plenty of threads to discuss the coming season, negative or positive we don't need another one especially as there is nothing new to contribute, I would expect a pointlessly positive thread to get the same reaction, and your thread about a made up signing we were linked to offered less than nothing. It is not the your threads are negative that they get deleted/locked, it is that they contribute nothing and only serve to make the forum more cluttered and get a few reaction posts which admins then have to moderate.

I can't speak for everyone but I don't believe you are targeted because of your negative posts as they are nothing new on this forum. In fact the vast majority of negative posts are part of meaningful discussions because they are well structured arguments based on specific points.

The difference with your posts is that the tone and content appear to be written with the intention of winding people up and eliciting a reaction rather than trying to engage people in structured and well-reasoned debate.

If you are genuinely not a wind-up merchant and do have this negative view of the world, that's fine. However if you structured your arguments rather than write flippant one-liners, or changed your tone so that you sounded like you were genuinely interested in why people thought differently from yourself, you might not be seen as trolling and would be given the platform to get your views across.

Who actually looks in that riviting section though!? I didn't even know it existed.

Ya see... there's your first problem right there..

You don't even know how to use the place!

lol

It really does take a special kind of someone to complain about something they get for free....

I can't speak for everyone but I don't believe you are targeted because of your negative posts as they are nothing new on this forum. In fact the vast majority of negative posts are part of meaningful discussions because they are well structured arguments based on specific points.

The difference with your posts is that the tone and content appear to be written with the intention of winding people up and eliciting a reaction rather than trying to engage people in structured and well-reasoned debate.

If you are genuinely not a wind-up merchant and do have this negative view of the world, that's fine. However if you structured your arguments rather than write flippant one-liners, or changed your tone so that you sounded like you were genuinely interested in why people thought differently from yourself, you might not be seen as trolling and would be given the platform to get your views across.

These posts have it pretty much covered.

It's Mark's forum so he can do whatever he likes with it, he doesn't have to pay to run a forum so we should all be grateful foxestalk is as good as it is despite some slightly dubious bans and deletions here and there.

To be fair, I used to get my posts deleted the most when I actually was a mod.

Alex (Prussian) was a right fúcker for it!!

I just used to say it was Alex who'd deleted 'em. :ph34r::innocent:

Why put a Premier League thread designed for ALL Premier League chat in the LCFC section but then ban people from posting in it?

Oh wait, this is Marks forum, so Mark can do whatever he likes.. lol lol

Cringe.

Any decision made is for the benefit of the forum, and those that use it. If that's classed as mark doing what he likes, then so be it. I certainly don't see it that way though.

The premier league thread is in the lcfc forum for the same reason the championship thread was in there last season. I'm sure you can work that out. You're banned from posting in there for daily abusive arguments, insults, constant updates and biased posts regarding Liverpool, etc. don't like that? well the fact you're still here posting in other areas shows how lenient we are. If mark did what he liked your premier league thread would have gone before your thrilling discussion with Hugo Sanchez today and your latest account would have banned months back.

But there we go, what do I know apart from if there wasn't some kind of 'limit' to what's acceptable then there wouldn't even be a forum. Not one that people would enjoy posting on anyway.

I sent this reply to member on here so i thought I'd put it in here.

This forum is a privately run forum when you join you agree to abide by the rules set out by the owner, in that sense it's not democratic as the owner has both legal responsibilities and personal views on what makes the forum 'good'. Based on the popularity one can't really argue that it's not good.

Having said that a lot of the responsibility for maintaining the forum has been given to moderators and administrators, people that have rarely if ever even met the owner or each other and each with a different interpretation on what is an acceptable post.

So you're not going to get any degree of consistency in what is deleted, merged, warned or banned. It's not a perfect situation but the mods are all part time volunteers that's the way it is and is not going to change so people really need to accept it and move on and stop forever bleating about how unfair it is. Welcome to life.

While that's true, I do think that the forum rules that your average poster (and I assume moderator and admins) have access to are very vague. Aside from the obvious (no advertising/multiple accounts/abuse), they basically say 'we reserve the right to delete any post for any valid reason', without making any attempt to define what a valid reason is. It can't help the moderators when the guidelines are that vague, and it certainly doesn't do a lot to stop threads like this popping up. At the moment if I have a post deleted or I have my posting restricted and I want to find out what I've done wrong (to avoid doing it again) I have to PM a moderator to find out what the 'valid reason' is, because there's nothing that really says what is and isn't okay to post. I understand that it's time consuming and that (before Babs pops in and tells me) it's not a job you're paid to do, but it is frustrating to be banned for something that isn't obviously wrong (take for example me posting, tongue-in-cheek 'We'll have to agree to disagree' in response to someone saying Connor Wickham is better than Martyn Waghorn) and it's not surprising that people who do genuinely enjoy the site, get a little bit annoyed about being punished for breaking rules that they aren't even made aware of.

Any decision made is for the benefit of the forum, and those that use it. If that's classed as mark doing what he likes, then so be it. I certainly don't see it that way though.

The premier league thread is in the lcfc forum for the same reason the championship thread was in there last season. I'm sure you can work that out. You're banned from posting in there for daily abusive arguments, insults, constant updates and biased posts regarding Liverpool, etc. don't like that? well the fact you're still here posting in other areas shows how lenient we are. If mark did what he liked your premier league thread would have gone before your thrilling discussion with Hugo Sanchez today and your latest account would have banned months back.

But there we go, what do I know apart from if there wasn't some kind of 'limit' to what's acceptable then there wouldn't even be a forum. Not one that people would enjoy posting on anyway.

Awww Mark, well at least you have finally said it all instead of blocking my PM.

I am banned from there for daily arguments? Show me where I have had an argument in that part of the forum. Had arguments in other sections but never that one.

You hate the fact I bring something to this forum don't you? Really, really hate it.

Awww Mark, well at least you have finally said it all instead of blocking my PM.

I am banned from there for daily arguments? Show me where I have had an argument in that part of the forum. Had arguments in other sections but never that one.

You hate the fact I bring something to this forum don't you? Really, really hate it.

I can't say I've paid huge amounts of attention over the years but my gut feel is that awhile back I remember Uncle Albert being a whiny, sometimes offensive little bitch. The Grandad account strikes me as a slightly more mature less offensive version that often has something to offer the forum (e.g. decent debates in the World Cup section).

As such why don't you focus on continuing that good momentum instead of writing posts like this and then maybe when the time is right your dream of posting in the LCFC section will come true.

Generally speaking fair play to Mark - maybe sometimes the rules are a bit inconsistent or opaque but **** me for what I assume is essentially a hobby this forum is a massive success, and a growing one at that.

Finally, one question for Mark - how are the finances? Haven't donated in awhile so would be good to hear (if only very generally) if advertising, etc is keeping the forum self sufficient?

Archived