Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

Youngy shunned by BBC

I think they'd struggle to find a better commentator than Stringer. His passion and enthusiasm is incredibly valuable and makes up for the occasional tangents. In fact Stringer may improve without Young there encouraging his waffling about hats and sandwiches.

To me it always seemed like Stringer would talk about the sandwiches, something along the lines of, "Listeners if you didn't know (well we do but you can tell us anyway for the 5 millionth time), myself Alan and Jason take it in turns to make sandwiches for away days..."

Realise that some people leave their values in a different place when they go online, but the guy's just lost his job. Hope that if anyone on here ever has the misfortune to experience that you receive a tad more sympathy than is forthcoming right now. Also realise that I'm probably just a bit dull and boring, but I just feel very sad for him. I think he's probably genuinely hurt judging by his response,

I heard from someone who works in the corporate boxes that Radio Leicester want Jobber to commentate.

Apparently he's friends with Stringer and RL want someone with passion & enthusiasm.

Now it makes sense.

Young to take over drum duty.

Perhaps hes been involved in a Richard Keyes / Andy Gray type controversy?

Stringer " What you think about Rupal RaJani?"

Youngy " Wouldn't mind hanging out the back o that!"

I heard from someone who works in the corporate boxes that Radio Leicester want Jobber to commentate.

Apparently he's friends with Stringer and RL want someone with passion & enthusiasm.

Maybe Phil Neville could be available? No association with the club but bags of passion and enthusiasm.

I feel a bit sorry for him as he clearly enjoyed it, although from a commentary point of view he was dire, and on a few occasions his rants at fans were total unacceptable, so all in all not surprised he's gone. He could of carried on for me when I can't make the games this season there will nearly always be a stream, even a shit steam is better than radio.

I cant wait to hear about many burgers he can fit in his gob.

Hmm, the guy is a bit of a tool tbf. Look at it from a corporate point of view from both the club and BBC viewpoint. We're prem league, he's not a prem league commentator/co-commentator. I admire his enthusiasim and dedicated but he was cringeworthy so many times over the last few years. Out with the old, in with the new.

More fool him if that was the only (low paid probably) job he had? he musn't have much about him really.

3 pages and 80 replies for Alan Young, are people really that bothered.

Yes he's an ex player, who likes the club, but personally I couldn't care less.

Well don't comment then, don't read the thread and move on? :dunno:

It'll never be a Stringer/Bourne combo. Stringer believe it or not is supposed to provide the detail of the action on the pitch. The co-commentator is an ex-pro who can provide analysis of the tactics, performances, and insights into the game.

It'll be interesting to see who the beeb bring in, as I suspect their budget isn't going to be tremendous, a little more than previous but not that great.

However, if this forces Stringer to become more professional in his job, all the best Alan, and let's hope there's an improvement overall.

Read between the lines folks. He is p*ssed at the club not radio Leicester.That means it's the club that has put the pressure on to get rid of him. The Mercury and radio Leicester are firmly in the pockets of L.C.F.C, without city who would buy the Mercury or listen to radio Leicester ?

He made the mistake of not being bland enough and upset certain players that he constantly targeted. in other words he bit the hand that fed him. Be prepared for some for some slick radio one disc jokey replacement who will have no balls or passion for the club and will be frightened of his own shadow never mind criticizing when it's justified.

I would hope that who ever was responsible for this gutless decision feels personal shame but I doubt it.

Read between the lines folks. He is p*ssed at the club not radio Leicester.That means it's the club that has put the pressure on to get rid of him. The Mercury and radio Leicester are firmly in the pockets of L.C.F.C, without city who would buy the Mercury or listen to radio Leicester ?

He made the mistake of not being bland enough and upset certain players that he constantly targeted. in other words he bit the hand that fed him. Be prepared for some for some slick radio one disc jokey replacement who will have no balls or passion for the club and will be frightened of his own shadow never mind criticizing when it's justified.

I would hope that who ever was responsible for this gutless decision feels personal shame but I doubt it.

This is just a saga now!

Archived