Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

Youngy shunned by BBC

Youngy has been through some really tough times, and been to some pretty dark places, and getting the radio Leicester job was a real boost for him, and i just hope this setback doesn`t send him back to those times.

As far as i`m aware, none of us know why they have (sacked) let him go, if it`s for valid disciplinary reasons, then sadly i suppose he has no one to blame but himself, but if it`s because they felt it was just time for a change, then i have alot of sympathy for him.

I certainly didn`t always agree with his views, and sometimes felt he watched a different game to me, but footballs like that, and i respected his opinion.

I actually felt that Youngy was at his best, and a breath of fresh air when he first started, he just said it as he seen it, where as i felt as time went on, he started to tow the Radio Leicester (club) line.

For all his faults, i still think he was by far and a way the best co commentator that we have had on radio Leicester, and he always seemed to me, to co commentate with the same passion and commitment that he played the game, and he will be sadly missed by me.

All the best Youngy!

Just had a quick look on Twitter for comedy value, here are the best comments from the 'internationally trending' #bringbackalanyoung have a look it's a great read.

So you think someone losing their job is funny, and good entertainment value!

Well i hope you never meet with such misfortune yourself.

To be fair, his main target audience are Leicester fans so he would say that, I can't imagine too many others are that bothered.

I've met him a few times and you just know he does. He talks so fondly about his time here.

I agree he was a lucky man. He did his job to a very low standard and couldn't get the basics right. In any other line of work, if you are under performing or getting basic things consistently wrong you are at a risk of losing your job, so why should he be any different?

Because there will be so many streams available BBC are probably aware it could impact their listening ratings so are trying to bring in someone better at doing the job to try and boost them.

I'm just amazed how people feel sorry for him now after last few seasons the majority of this forum slated him on a weekly basis. It is awful for anyone to lose their job, especially at his age, but like 'blueonyou' mentioned if that was his only job other than his book then more fool him, as his commentary job hardly involved any hours.

I've met him a few times and you just know he does. He talks so fondly about his time here.

Read my previous post. I don't find the situation funny. However some Leicester's Fans over reaction to the situation are pretty comical.

He got slated on a weekly basis for his lack of professionalism and amateur commentary.

As a business point of view BBC had made the right decision. Personally it's horrible for him, and

I hope it doesn't affect his personal life, however he has gone about dealing with the wrong way with his interview.

Read my previous post. I don't find the situation funny. However some Leicester's Fans over reaction to the situation are pretty comical.

He got slated on a weekly basis for his lack of professionalism and amateur commentary.

As a business point of view BBC had made the right decision. Personally it's horrible for him, and

I hope it doesn't affect his personal life, however he has gone about dealing with the wrong way with his interview.

If you'd read his book, you'd know that he can't get a job! This was his break. He was on the verge of suicide before it. Broke, estranged from his family, and an alcoholic.

If you'd read his book you'd know he actually does love Leicester.

He needed to sell books, the majority of purchasers would be where he is currently known. What was written, needed to be written to sell books. Don't blame him for doing it, but he has only just turned up after being gone for years. But good luck to him, this will be a massive blow

If you'd read his book, you'd know that he can't get a job! This was his break. He was on the verge of suicide before it. Broke, estranged from his family, and an alcoholic.

So BBC should keep him on for that reason?

Yes it is unfortunate circumstances but it doesn't mean he should get special treatment when it comes to the job front.

He was lucky he got the job in the first place and bbc and Leicester employed him and should look at it that he now has four years experience on the radio to find work elsewhere.

So BBC should keep him on for that reason?

Yes it is unfortunate circumstances but it doesn't mean he should get special treatment when it comes to the job front.

He was lucky he got the job in the first place and bbc and Leicester employed him and should look at it that he now has four years experience on the radio to find work elsewhere.

No, absolutely not they shouldn't keep him in a job out of sympathy. I was responding to the fact someone suggesting he was silly not to have other employment other than his commentating job. He couldnt get one!

Just had a quick look on Twitter for comedy value, here are the best comments from the 'internationally trending' #bringbackalanyoung have a look it's a great read.

Haha what a bunch of social rejects.

Shouldn't really be debating Youngy. RL really need to think of the poor content they churn out.

Don't blame Youngy and Strnger, blame the people who put the format together for these forums that make the programme unlistenable.

When they ask for fans opinions after the game it is cringeworthy. I am interested to hear views of people who know the game, who were involved in the game, or connected to the club. But they stop and ask people coming out the ground, who spout junk and don't have a clue. It's like a radio version of Jeremy Kyle

I feel bad for him but his actual knowledge and opinions are quite poor, his knowledge of the modern game isn't great and anything that he does know is based on what Jock Wallace did 30 years ago.

Whilst I liked the guy, I agree on knowledge of modern game - whilst anecdotes on the Wallace years were interesting after a fashion, the majority of the games/players he referenced were largely unknown to me and, I assume, for most fans in their early thirties and below.

Makes sense to have a former player/manager with Premier League experience and have to say Brian Little always comes across very well and personable when guesting on RL in the past.

Seems strange timing as he was on the Forum on Monday and to be sacked on Tuesday. Something must have happened or brought to the attention of the bosses during that time.

Feel sorry for him as he cared for the club and actually offered his opinion, rather than the robots we have had before ie Piper. People who find it 'comical' are strange types, a bloke who suffered terrible depression in the past losing a job he loves.

Only time will tell as to the whether it is a good decision on who is the replacement. If it is Jobber/Bourne then they can get fvcked.

Good luck to Alan on his future ventures.

Lovely bloke, but I do think he and Stringer became too comfortable together.

I hope we'll get someone equally as passionate, but with more experience/knowledge of the modern game.

All the best Alan.

Archived