Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

Youngy shunned by BBC

SF, I've put in bold the bit I'm responding to. I meant that it will be an interesting show to see what they have to say, if anything, regarding Alans departure or if the people outside demonstrating will be mentioned or indeed if callers will be allowed to discuss. It was meant as an aside to my point of there being talk of a demo.

Will be interesting to see if there is a gagging order put on Stringer

I expect they'll mention Alan in a carefully worded too-da-loo and then move on. They won't dwell on the subject and fill the show with discussion about the preseason, transfers etc.

Whilst I don't think he was the best commentator in the world, having met the guy, one thing I can say is anyone questioning his passion for Leicester have misunderstood him. I met him when he was on the coaching staff at Notts County, and despite being fully kitted in County attire couldn't stop talking very openly about his time at Leicester and his love for the club. This was probably 20 years or so before he got the gig with Radio Leicester so it's not like he suddenly developed an interest in the club purely for work purposes. As much as I dislike his commentary and relationship with Stringer he's not a bad bloke.

Think Stringer and Youngy were quite entertaining, compared to the muppets radio Nottingham have. However, I'm not sure he's in tune with the modern game and some of his commentary is cringe worthy. I've no doubt he's passionate about his love of the game and always comes across as an enthusiastic follower of Leicester. Perhaps there has been a re-think at radio Leicester and they're looking for a younger, better informed presenter. Perhaps LCFC aren't keen on him, who knows, but I wish him well, I genuinely believe he really enjoyed his job and wanted Leicester to succeed.

I feel sorry for him, and he always seemed a nice enough bloke when meeting fans but I thought he was crap at his job. He wasn't an "expert" summariser at all. He'd defend Gallagher, Howard and Wellens to the hills but jump on Danns, Beckford, Knockaert as soon as he had the chance. I just got the feeling he didn't really know that much about Leicester City. And why would he? As people have said, he only started following us once he got the gig on BBC Radio Leicester.

The same goes for any job, if you're not good enough - you'll probably be binned off. Interesting, the only people calling him a "legend" are the young teens that never actually saw him play.

I'm not going to be happy he's gone, but I'm certainly not sad.

The same goes for any job, if you're not good enough - you'll probably be binned off. Interesting, the only people calling him a "legend" are the young teens that never actually saw him play.

I got fed up with the amount of people posting to him saying he was a legend, or even worse, when people phoned up post match and said something along the lines of "oh Alan you would have scored that", "we needed you playing"... Pretty sure he probably hated it as well.

People on here calling youngy blind and then wanting Brian Little to take his place. :rolleyes::rolleyes: Yep the same Brian little that got the whole of the Filbert street crowd to hold up placards saying LIAR !

Short memories or what ? At least Youngy did not lie his way out of a contract so that we would not get compensation from Villa for his desertion to them. :nigel:

Harsh and ill informed

Ian Stringer @StringerSport

Been a pleasure to work with Alan Young for 4 seasons. As @BBCLeicester looks ahead to a new Premier League season, I wish him every success

“Some people I thought were friends have turned out not to be - they know who they are.

“Nobody from the BBC has rung me since Tuesday. The silence is deafening.

“I am very, very sad.”

:ph34r:

I know for a fact in the past he's not conducted himself well in and around the club.

The selebrity game he just walked in without having any tickets, the game was for charity and had nothing to do with LCFC. He was questioned as to what he was doing and said something similar to "do you know who I am".

When somebody says they "know for a fact".. you can guarantee its BS..

“Some people I thought were friends have turned out not to be - they know who they are.

“I am very, very sad.”

Stringer strikes me as the kind of weasel that wouldn't call his "mate" in case the higher ups had a go at him.

If RL were interested in what fan's wanted Stringer and his inane commentary wouldn't have been allowed to go on for so long

He'll be dining out off "Allez Les Bleus" moment for the rest of his life, the c***

Yes, it was a moment... but it doesn't delete the years of nonsense he spouts at all of our expense

Guest MattP

Stringer would definitely be the sort of bloke who would do anything to keep his job even if it meant double crossing a mate, you could see that on the Apprentice and not to mention what he did to his own Mrs.

It's interesting Youngy has said it damages the relationship with LCFC though, clearly must have been some dialogue between Radio Leicester and the football club.

Stringer would definitely be the sort of bloke who would do anything to keep his job even if it meant double crossing a mate, you could see that on the Apprentice and not to mention what he did to his own Mrs.

It's interesting Youngy has said it damages the relationship with LCFC though, clearly must have been some dialogue between Radio Leicester and the football club.

What did he do with his Mrs?

If RL were interested in what fan's wanted Stringer and his inane commentary wouldn't have been allowed to go on for so long

He'll be dining out off "Allez Les Bleus" moment for the rest of his life, the c***

Yes, it was a moment... but it doesn't delete the years of nonsense he spouts at all of our expense

'Allez Les Bleus' wasn't a spur of the moment/off the cuff commentary, not a classic line for me.

Guest MattP

What did he do with his Mrs?

Stringer refused to comment or defend himself against claims by his estranged wife that he had left her and his children homeless and destitute to appear on the reality show.

Former partner Kirsty alleged that he left her for mistress Angela Rawson just weeks after giving birth to their second child.

She claimed that he paid the mortgage on the flat just once when he was on the show, forcing her to sell the property because she fell into arrears.

“I am very, very sad.”

I wouldn't rule it out, did Ian grass Al on something?

I can't really make out Ian, of course he seemed a nice guy when he came on here answering few questions, however I can imagine being quite jumped up and do anything to gain promotion at work, if it means stabbing your best mate in the back or even leaving your mrs. But of course we don't if him leaving his mrs is true.

Archived