Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

Youngy shunned by BBC

Stringer out next please

I think they'd struggle to find a better commentator than Stringer. His passion and enthusiasm is incredibly valuable and makes up for the occasional tangents. In fact Stringer may improve without Young there encouraging his waffling about hats and sandwiches.

He was a bit like an annoying uncle who always got things slightly wrong, but you still loved him.

My favorite Yongy commentary was when we won in the last minute at Forest to get into the playoffs, and although stringer was commentating you could hear Youngy in the background screaming at the players and him errupting before stringer had even said we had scored.

Quite a dirty trick really, it's a huge shame Ian and Al are a good double act and have been for the last four years. I can imagine they'll get a few letters I thought Al was quite popular on the show.

Wonder what Ian makes of all this?

Bit of a shock really, Think it will be a Bourne and Stringer double act to be honest. Feel sorry for Alan really bet he aint got a season ticket either!

Oh dear :(

His dismal could have been handled better, one being they could have said we'll keep on until Christmas and they'll we let you go, to allow Al to have a good send off. Instead they've just sort of threw him out of the door.

Radio Leicester have just tweeted the following:

"We'd like to thank Alan Young for his hard work and dedication. It's not appropriate for us to discuss reasons for the decision in public"

Roughly translates to 'it would make us look bad to discuss reasons for the decision in public'.

Facebook is hilarious, lets protest and my favourite let's sing big Al's name on the 9th minute.

Alan Young tbh is a lucky man to have that job in the first place, him and his liverpool supporting family can go back to supporting Liverpool now.

Given that Stringer says the ratings have been very good why bother changing things when likelihood is that even with a new (returning???) co-commentator with premier league experience the ratings will dip as surely less people listen when the games are more regularly on TV. I know there's more to their output than just the live match day coverage of course! Anyway, I feel a lot of sympathy for Youngy

Bit of a shock really, Think it will be a Bourne and Stringer double act to be honest. Feel sorry for Alan really bet he aint got a season ticket either!

Can't really see that as they're both commentators and the former doesn't even want to do commentary as he does't have the voice range (or whatever its called). Surely its got to be a summariser alongside Stringer

This is a shame. No reason seemingly given, either. I wonder if he's behaved irresponsibly to bring his position in to disrepute and BBC have decided they can't keep him any more.

For all his short-comings (mispronunciation of names, seemingly so against certain players) he was great entertainment. I can understand why people didn't like him cos he would keep getting on their nerves, but I didn't mind him that much.

I'd like to know why he was relieved of his duties!

Archived