Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

Youngy shunned by BBC

Always liked him myself and feel for him losing a job that he obviously loved.

Will be interesting to see who they bring in though I'll only ever listen to the post match comments now there will be a stream for every game i can't get to.

Gutted for Alan, commentated like he played with passion, guts but not a lot of finesse! He loves the club and you can tell that through listening. Suppose its time for somebody boring to the airwaves!

Good luck Alan.

I'd prefer Alan's passion and pride to be part of team representing LCFC than some bore media man like Jason Bourne any day of the week. His co-commentary may not have been perfect but he spoke like a proper fan, and since that is the only audience RL can feasibly target why sack him?

Hopefully it's not Bourne. He might know his facts and stats, but he isn't a good Co-Commentator.

co??? he has commentated on games before forest springs to mind.....took me couple of minutes to realise that vardy had scored

Never liked him. Didn't have the nostalgia angle to convince me to like him either. His commentary was awful, his opinions on the phone in often contradicted themselves and his inability to get players names right was ridiculous for an expert commentator.

I think we should get kingfox as co-commentator.

Stringer: "Vardy's through on goal, oh JUST WIDE"

kingfox: "Well, Ian, if we'd signed Mai Dupplaya from Holland from £3.5 million he'd of scored that, no doubt. Swansea bidded for him, Pearson spent too much time going for Ulloa".

Loved Youngy as a City player and his combination with Ian Stringer has been the best that Radio Leicester has ever had.

Don't know why he's leaving but just hope that he'll still support us and get to matches. True legend :thumbup:

Archived