Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

Youngy shunned by BBC

he is a nice man who loves this club passionately . awful to listen to on the radio tho and was superglued/nailed on that fence !!!

Not sure he loved the club. Once he had been transferred he rarely came back. It suited him to come back.

People like Ali Mauchlen, Richard Smith, Muzzy, Walshie and Matt Piper are proper fans. I have seen Ali sitting in the stands at away games. Youngie disappeared and only came back to get a job. Absolutely nothing wrong with that, respect him for searching for a job, but loved our club, I don't think so.

To me it'd ideally be an ex-pro who's articulate with decent tactical knowledge. I don't think it'd necessarily need to be someone who's passionate about Leicester, they'd probably become attached to the club anyway over time.

Having said that, presumably it will be an ex-Leicester player anyway.

Because there will be so many streams available BBC are probably aware it could impact their listening ratings so are trying to bring in someone better at doing the job to try and boost them.

I'm just amazed how people feel sorry for him now after last few seasons the majority of this forum slated him on a weekly basis. It is awful for anyone to lose their job, especially at his age, but like 'blueonyou' mentioned if that was his only job other than his book then more fool him, as his commentary job hardly involved any hours.

I've thought this. I swear he was never even a hundredth as popular as this when he was actually doing it.

Agree that it shouldn't be any run of the mill fan.

Should be an ex player for me.

I don't get the obsession in the media with having ex-pros as commentators or pundits. There are lots of people in the game (experienced scouts being a good example) who know the game inside out and are able to talk about it in an analytical and informative way. I'd rather they choose someone like that than an ex-pro simply because they used to play the game.

Matt piper tbh is a complete bore but technically 'HES ONE OF OUR '

Alan Young got a great job quite luckily tbh, but now we're Premiership probably wants someone more professional and boring like Piper. Walsh and muzzy aren't great talkers on the radio tbh. Only one man for me for the job ....TREVOR BLOOMING BENJAMIN !!!

Matt Piper has been absolutely terrible every time I've heard him on the radio

It's an unpopular opinion but I largely found Alan Young pretty good, he knows a player, knows the game and genuinely loves Leicester. All those saying 'football has moved on, it's different now, he's past it etc' are wrong in my opinion. Broken down, football is a simple game. You either know it, or you don't. For me, Alan knows the game

Having read his book I feel very sorry for him right now. This job is basically his life. I'm not about to start any cringey twitter hash tags, or tweet abuse to Radio Leicester, but I do feel sorry for him.

Loved meeting him once in West Bridgford. I quickly realised he knew exactly what he was talking about when I began to criticise Beckford. 'Lazy twat' was how he described him. Ha ha. Wish him well for the future.

these twitter and facebook campaigns to get him back his job. #cringe.

Hahaha that tragic cvnt @Lcfc_1884 on twitter has started a campaign, jesus christ

Just had a quick look on Twitter for comedy value, here are the best comments from the 'internationally trending' #bringbackalanyoung have a look it's a great read.

He's not a genuine Leicester fan at all. He never used to watch us until he was on the payroll of Radio Leicester, and why should he be a Leicester fan? He spent three years at the club... Hardly makes him a club legend. All this worship is cringeworthy to be honest, he was paid to be a co-commentator for a club who he had a small link to and now he's been given the sack (probably) and people are clamouring over him to get him, when in reality he was a pretty poor co-commentator. Shouting every so often at a game doesn't make you a true fan

He's not a genuine Leicester fan at all. He never used to watch us until he was on the payroll of Radio Leicester, and why should he be a Leicester fan? He spent three years at the club... Hardly makes him a club legend. All this worship is cringeworthy to be honest, he was paid to be a co-commentator for a club who he had a small link to and now he's been given the sack (probably) and people are clamouring over him to get him, when in reality he was a pretty poor co-commentator. Shouting every so often at a game doesn't make you a true fan

If you'd read his book you'd know he actually does love Leicester.

Archived