Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Konchesky to Brighton...Again

Well if this rumour is true then it strikes me that Brighton who lets face it would know more about the transfer merry go round than us must know that Konch is soon to be surplus to requirements. If so then we must be about to  sign a quality left back that we all know we need.

If not then Oh dear . :dunno:

I will happily see Konchesky sign for Brighton if we have someone better lined up to replace him. Same goes for King and Watford. For that reason, I hope and expect they will both be staying and out to prove their doubters wrong.

Konch is vastly underrated and has been a proper loyal servant, he's a top guy when you meet him too.. Some of the stick he gets is unbelievable. If anything we should keep him even if we did get a replacement for the reason he's the kind of character you need in the dressing room and to mentor some o the younger lads, he's so bloody experienced.

Konchesky is allright when we are dominating teams,put him up against a good side and a decent winger then we are in trouble .

Depending on who is playing left wing,be it Knockaert or Allbrighton,they are going to be sucked in to playing a deeper role because as mentioned Konchesky does not have the legs.

I will be shocked if a Pearson does not sign a decent left back,before the season starts because for me this is a must.

Konch is vastly underrated and has been a proper loyal servant, he's a top guy when you meet him too.. Some of the stick he gets is unbelievable. If anything we should keep him even if we did get a replacement for the reason he's the kind of character you need in the dressing room and to mentor some o the younger lads, he's so bloody experienced.

I agree with this and I have said all summer we should sign a new left back, have Konch as back up and send schlupp on loan to the championship. Then next summer, when jeff has a full season under his belt, he can replace Konchesky and compete with whoever else we decide to sign. Schlupp is too inexperienced to be thrown into a full prem season and he struggled at times in the championship, so another year down there will do him a world of good!

This Premier League experience thing doesn't matter.

Akinbyi had prem experience but I doubt any team coming up would have took him when we went down.

The reason Konch dropped down from the Prem is because he was/is not good enough for it. Yes at Fulham he did well, but he left there in 2010. He isn't the same player now as he was back then. We should accept any bid, get rid and bring in someone who is good enough, regardless of 'Premiership Experience'...

That being said, he is good enough for a mid/high table Championship player... Where you don't have the likes of Hazard, Sterling, Sanchez, Walcot etc etc running at you.

If Schlupp hasn't improved his game at LB this pre season I can see managers exploiting that weakness of ours.

No the reason he dropped out the prem was he was at Liverpool a huge club.

He would not have got games any more and we matched his wages.

We are not Liverpool Man U or Chelski.

Players they let go are easy good enough for us then and now.

When we are top 5 regular we can get better players right now we take there cast off's.

I'd rather keep Konchesky than let him go. Then again if he doesn't play then he'll want to leave, which will give Schlupp a chance to establish himself as 1st choice left back.

If that happens then I think we will need another left back, preferably to raise competition for that position. 

Would be completely pointless. If the Schluppenator is to improve as a left back then Konch is the perfect person to aid that. We wouldnt even get half a million in a transfer fee due to his age and contract length.

He's not terrible he's just not the player he was. Perfectly good enough to be a member of the squad.

Konchesky is too old and has no pace what so ever he was quite often shown up when playing against a quick winger but if it wasn't for his good sense of positioning could have been a lot worse for Leicester defensively. he is my number 1 pick out of the 3 left backs we have.

Schlupp is on a left back he is a striker that was never going to be good enough to get into a league 1 side and when we needed cover at left back when we had no one else he played there. he was never going to set the world on fire but he put the effort in but he had his moments but quite a lot of the time schlupp got sloppy and made a lot of mistakes it was just a good job he had 3 other defenders covering his arse. he will get ripped to shreds in the prem.

Bakayogo well god knows what happened to him went out on loan played 7mins and injured himself pulling a muscle by turning round. Did we actually keep hold of him or did we let him go??

I think we should get rid of Schlupp rather than Konchesky but not until we have found someone else to replace Schlupp he is younger and someone will come in for him with some stupid money no one is going to pay for Konchesky because of his age he will end up signing for someone next season on a free transfer.

But come on Nigel we need a new left back with some real quality!!!

For me last season was probably the best one he's had for us. Defensively very good, just poor in link up play and distribution at times. Opposite to Schlupp, actually.

As long as we have a replacement lined up, he can go for me. I don't think we should be starting a premier league game with him or Schlupp at left back. I hope it's an area we strengthen, and if him going helps that then let him go

does anyone know why we didn't go for Cresswell? seen he went for only 4 mill. Was it wages?

Think with add-ons it could finish nearer £7-8m, still a fairly good price for the Championship LB of the year seeming the Striker of the year went for £11m, and it wasn't even to the premier league.

Archived