Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ross-Kemp

LCFC v PNE match day thread

Genuinely think think this ulloa (or what ever he is called) is going to make akinbadbuy look like lionel fookin messi.

8-10m is a joke.

Edit - actually if he manages 3 goals this season i will climb the clock tower in town in my mam's jockstrap.

Problem is he's coming into an already quality side and so far I don't think we've improved on the first team players from last season, but we have improved the depth of the squad. I think it will be the same starting line up with albrighton basically replacing dyer, or vardy switching to the left and ulloa being shoehorned in somehow. I don't think ulloa would have started for us last season, but would have played wood's role. There's a good reason why we pissed the championship last season.

The time your on about has gone, not saying he didn't deserve the criticism at the time, and he did well to hang onto his job, but he has turned a corner after that hard time and had a great season last season.

There will be some that will call for his head when we hit the expected hard times, and for some will go down the lines of your only as good as your last game without a doubt, but that can't be said about everybody that hasn't always thought Pearson was the manager for us.

You say the Pearson out brigade are waiting, but I think the pro Pearson brigade are waiting for people to start calling him just as much, cannot substantiate it, just a feeling.

For me it's about managing expectations, I expect nothing other than a struggle this season, set the bar nice and low and if we do really well, it's a bonus, but that doesn't mean if we are getting battered every week I won't have a moan.

I don't think we will get hammered every week, but as long as we are in games and picking up some points I will be content, but even these so called lesser sides still have very good squads.

I acknowledge all of that, sauf the pro-Pearson bit. I think in this upcoming season, people need to gather behind him more than ever and show the support because the manager as well as the team will need every single part of it.

That doesn't exclude him from being criticized, but judging from seasons past, I expect more of his fiercest critics to have toned down a bit, gotten a slice of common sense back and see beyond the person and take more aim at his tactics and formations (without forgetting about this being Pearson's baptism by fire).

I know it's not that realistic, but there's always hope.

I suggest you calm yourself down, and wind your neck in, so nobody can comment if a player has a off few games, or is playing like Brighton fans said he would.

And for the record nobody has said he is shit, just saying his early showing isn't that great, and his touch is concerning.

I might be wrong but I believe you admin on here, and if people get shot down for giving there opinions, it's a pretty poor showing.

I have looked in on here over the summer, and if you don't agree with the masses, you are ganged up on or called negative.

This forum needs to go back to basics and do what it's ment to be, take in others views, and people respect others views, and not cause a slanging match because they don't like what someone else has to say, debate not slag off.

Absolutely spot on. :thumbup:  I'm not saying there is a clique but some of the old timers on here come over as " we know best " and God forbid that you have an opinion that runs contrary to theirs. Everyone seems scared of the great Oz ( Babs ) yet I have no idea why ?  

Absolutely spot on. :thumbup:  I'm not saying there is a clique but some of the old timers on here come over as " we know best " and God forbid that you have an opinion that runs contrary to theirs. Everyone seems scared of the great Oz ( Babs ) yet I have no idea why ?  

I am the oldest of the old timers and of course I know best. :D

The time your on about has gone, not saying he didn't deserve the criticism at the time, and he did well to hang onto his job, but he has turned a corner after that hard time and had a great season last season.

There will be some that will call for his head when we hit the expected hard times, and for some will go down the lines of your only as good as your last game without a doubt, but that can't be said about everybody that hasn't always thought Pearson was the manager for us.

You say the Pearson out brigade are waiting, but I think the pro Pearson brigade are waiting for people to start calling him just as much, cannot substantiate it, just a feeling.

For me it's about managing expectations, I expect nothing other than a struggle this season, set the bar nice and low and if we do really well, it's a bonus, but that doesn't mean if we are getting battered every week I won't have a moan.

I don't think we will get hammered every week, but as long as we are in games and picking up some points I will be content, but even these so called lesser sides still have very good squads.

I read Alex Ferguson's book whilst away on holiday which was a good read I thought. At one point he spoke of one season where he went a month where he couldn't buy a win in the Premiership or the Champions league and the ensuing press comments like 'He's finished' or 'ready to retire' type comments. Of course, he shoved it down their throats by winning the league etc that year and becomes the Worlds best manager again in their eyes. We are going to lose quite a few games this year, Fact! But if we shout for Pearson's head or boo the team iT could be totally counterproductive and uncalled. NP's doing a good job imo and I don't see any substantially better manager waiting in the wings gagging to take us on. There's no panic even if we lose the first few improbable looking start of games, it will take time to gain momentum and learn a few lessons. I'm sure the management team have done their homework and had their targets according to a budget. Who knows who they've tried for and lets face it, we're hardly a household name club yet that a top foreign player is likely to want to come to in our first year up unless its for extortionate wages. If NP has Chris Wood yet still spends £8m on Ulloah, there's presumably some reason why and we need to wait, see and trust a while. No panic, stay happy!

The start of the season itself wasn't too great either performance wise.

I recall Pearson playing 3-5-2 and 4-4-3 before realising our squad had been tailor made by him for 4-4-2 and the experimentation was folly.

We played these differing formations all through pre season also, and this time it's 4-2-3-1 which is the current fashion in the Premier League.

For me the underlying concern is the defence. We play 4 at the back now whatever the system, and right now it's not looking too clever.

We had gone into the season having won 4 of the last 19 games of the previous season, results were the most important thing. Once we had points on the board and victories, the confidence of the team grew.

These different systems are always tried and tested. That's what pre season is for (as well as, mainly, getting players match fit). 352/433 was used last season, and used at the start of the season. I cannot see us starting with 4231 against Everton, and games like that. Fair play when we go to Stamford Bridge the following week, and play Arsenal the week after, then maybe, but Ulloa isn't the type of forward to play in a 4231 in my opinion. He needs a strike partner, surely? Against United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool etc we'll need the ball to hold more probably, so him up top maybe the best option then but in the games that we can get something from I still think Ulloa and another (Nugent/Vardy) is the better option.

Fvcking hell, people do realise friendlies mean absolutely nothing right? It was quite clear most of the lads were only playing at half-pace. Judging our prospective performance in the league on yesterday's result is mental.

Shout outs to Pink Boy and Kennedy's family though.

Your worst ever post, geezer. What total nonsense, to start talking about the "Anti Pearson Brigade" re establishing themselves.

Anyone who is critical of things that Pearson does or does not do gets accused of being such, and you have dredged it up again. Everyone has the right to be critical, and currently there appear to some flaws in the side which need re addressing.

If you can't post sensibly, then don't post at all. 

Fvcking hell, people do realise friendlies mean absolutely nothing right? It was quite clear most of the lads were only playing at half-pace.

Well that's not very good for a team "raring" to go in the Prem. Thought they'd want to prove themselves a bit more.

I read Alex Ferguson's book whilst away on holiday which was a good read I thought. At one point he spoke of one season where he went a month where he couldn't buy a win in the Premiership or the Champions league and the ensuing press comments like 'He's finished' or 'ready to retire' type comments. Of course, he shoved it down their throats by winning the league etc that year and becomes the Worlds best manager again in their eyes. We are going to lose quite a few games this year, Fact! But if we shout for Pearson's head or boo the team iT could be totally counterproductive and uncalled. NP's doing a good job imo and I don't see any substantially better manager waiting in the wings gagging to take us on. There's no panic even if we lose the first few improbable looking start of games, it will take time to gain momentum and learn a few lessons. I'm sure the management team have done their homework and had their targets according to a budget. Who knows who they've tried for and lets face it, we're hardly a household name club yet that a top foreign player is likely to want to come to in our first year up unless its for extortionate wages. If NP has Chris Wood yet still spends £8m on Ulloah, there's presumably some reason why and we need to wait, see and trust a while. No panic, stay happy!

No comparison between the two managers to be fair, fergie has won everything he could during his reign, and he went through a rough patch, although he did have a dodgy start, when he first went to Man U,

I do agree we need to be patient with Pearson and the younger players, as this is new territory for them.

Just for the record there is no panic here.

Genuinely think think this ulloa (or what ever he is called) is going to make akinbadbuy look like lionel

8-10m is a joke.

Edit - actually if he manages 3 goals this season i will climb the clock tower in town in my mam's jockstrap.

Stupid post

The start of the season itself wasn't too great either performance wise.

I recall Pearson playing 3-5-2 and 4-4-3 before realising our squad had been tailor made by him for 4-4-2 and the experimentation was folly.

We played these differing formations all through pre season also, and this time it's 4-2-3-1 which is the current fashion in the Premier League.

For me the underlying concern is the defence. We play 4 at the back now whatever the system, and right now it's not looking too clever.

4-4-3 ? Cant remember playing with no goalie unless you refer to Yeovil game  :P

Kasper new n10 !!

No comparison between the two managers to be fair, fergie has won everything he could during his reign, and he went through a rough patch, although he did have a dodgy start, when he first went to Man U,

I do agree we need to be patient with Pearson and the younger players, as this is new territory for them.

Just for the record there is no panic here.

Didn't mean to compare managers, just that when we lose a few, as we will, lets not get on NP's back. If it can happen to Fergie, it can happen to anyone.

Didn't mean to compare managers, just that when we lose a few, as we will, lets not get on NP's back. If it can happen to Fergie, it can happen to anyone.

I think most will give him a fair crack of the whip, got a feeling he will do alright, after the early games, for me I I don't expect many points out of the first half dozen games.

I think most will give him a fair crack of the whip, got a feeling he will do alright, after the early games, for me I I don't expect many points out of the first half dozen games.

I 100% agree and any points will be a welcome bonus. Not pessimistic just realistic and I too think NP and the boys will be fine!

Archived