Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ross-Kemp

LCFC v PNE match day thread

Tore us apart last season, twice.

He hasn't even played for us yet FFS.

To be fair he's played 3 games for us and not looked like scoring once. I'm not slagging him off and personally think he will come good for us but I can understand why people might be concerned.

The price tag is going to weigh heavily on Ulloa this season, it's why I was less than comfortable with the deal.

He might not be a bad player but spending so much for a player at our club puts huge pressure on and critics will be loud if he doesn't start well.

Tore us apart last season, twice.

He hasn't even played for us yet FFS.

We will see just got a bad feeling about this, our best signings tend to be ones no one has ever heard of and cost **** all. Its usually the big money buys that let us down.

Id sooner break the wage structure and get some better more proven prem players in e/g Campbell than be held to ransom by Brighton for some two bit argie who isnt even international standard.

Id sooner break the wage structure and get some better more proven prem players in e/g Campbell than be held to ransom by Brighton for some two bit argie who isnt even international standard.

Campbell has played a grand total of 10 minutes for his country so if being international class is your main criteria then he's a terrible example.

Campbell has played a grand total of 10 minutes for his country so if being international class is your main criteria then he's a terrible example.

No thats not my criteria at all and purely an example of a player who although may come across as a cnut has got proven experience of scoring a few for a woeful cardiff team in the prem who was going on a free.

Ulloa 8m - every time i think about it i am like WTF.....

Poor shout by Schmeichs, but I also hope Pearson had a word with whoever gave their player the space to put the ball in the net, shocking marking. Think it's Ritchie but can't be sure...

If the keeper comes he is at fault. No-one else to blame there. The defender is expecting the keeper to collect

I suggest you calm yourself down, and wind your neck in, so nobody can comment if a player has a off few games, or is playing like Brighton fans said he would.

And for the record nobody has said he is shit, just saying his early showing isn't that great, and his touch is concerning.

I might be wrong but I believe you admin on here, and if people get shot down for giving there opinions, it's a pretty poor showing.

I have looked in on here over the summer, and if you don't agree with the masses, you are ganged up on or called negative.

This forum needs to go back to basics and do what it's ment to be, take in others views, and people respect others views, and not cause a slanging match because they don't like what someone else has to say, debate not slag off.

An unbeliever

Pesecute

Kill the heretic

Due to the difficult start we have you won't be allowed to comment/moan about players performance or NFP's tactics even if we have no points after the first 6 games.

To be fair he's played 3 games for us and not looked like scoring once. I'm not slagging him off and personally think he will come good for us but I can understand why people might be concerned.

He has played a part in 3 meaningless pre-season friendlies.

Has Vardy scored yet?

Genuinely think think this ulloa (or what ever he is called) is going to make akinbadbuy look like lionel fookin messi.

8-10m is a joke.

Edit - actually if he manages 3 goals this season i will climb the clock tower in town in my mam's jockstrap.

Something like these?

https://crochetlikeaknitter.wordpress.com/tag/boxer-shorts/

An unbeliever

Pesecute

Kill the heretic

Due to the difficult start we have you won't be allowed to comment/moan about players performance or NFP's tactics even if we have no points after the first 6 games.

Of course you're allowed to make your views clear - but there's early indications that the anti-Pearson brigade is already prepping up with their usual and repetitious worn-out arguments for the period following our first few games, moaning for moaning's sake. Your appearance on here being a case in point.

I wish people would cut the manager more slack and acknowledge that he hasn't managed in the top flight yet, so he is bound to make mistakes (no one is infallible given those circumstances). This upcoming season is different, there's no more reason to use the same old ammunition type of argumentation that some of his critics deemed appropriate for his shortcomings and for failing to get the club promoted on two different occasions via the playoffs.

Now we're in the top flight and the goal will be to establish ourselves. We can't kid ourselves anymore for being a heavyweight the way we were supposed to be in the Championship all these past ten years or so - there's more than just a handful of clubs in the Premier League that simply are better than us and always will be. It's about taking the few chances at upsetting the status quo and avoiding the drop and maybe build something longer-lasting. That is the dream.

By the way, what if we have more than 1 point after the first six games? Will you give praise where praise is due or simply disappear into oblivion?

I can already see which way you'd be opting for.

He has played a part in 3 meaningless pre-season friendlies.

Has Vardy scored yet?

Vardy's had the ball in the back of the net but was offside. Ulloa hasn't even got in a position to score yet, now that is most likely down to the fact he is playing with new team mates who don't know the positions he likes to get into or the more unlikely suggestion that he doesn't read the game well and isn't instinctive in the box.

Wood, Nugent and GTF have all got on the scoresheet though and I think it's justifiable for people to refrain judgement on Ulloa's ability seeing as he has had little impact in any game so far. Granted it's pre season but he hasn't looked dangerous once.

Personally I think once he settles into the side and becomes familiar with our system he will score goals for us but you can't say either with any certainty. However Chris Wood came straight into our side after his transfer and banged in the goals...

Of course you're allowed to make your point - but there's already indications that the anti-Pearson brigade is already prepping up their worn-out arguments for the period following our first few games, moaning for moaning's sake. Your appearance on here being a case in point.

I wish people would cut the manager more slack and acknowledge that he hasn't managed in the top flight yet, so he is bound to make mistakes (no one is infallible given those circumstances).

By the way, what if we have more than 1 point after the first six games? Will you give praise where praise is due or simply disappear into oblivion?

I can already see which way you'd be opting for.

Where, substantiate where the 'anti- Pearson brigade' are waiting.

Some need to get over defending Pearson, nobody is waiting for him to **** up, nobody wants him or us to do badly, as they come hand in hand.

People can have concerns about the quality of the squad, lack of signings, players early showing, that doesn't mean they hate Pearson, or even moaning, it just means they have doubts about how things will play out, nobody knows how it will go, but if the people who run the club have prepared right, invested right, we will still struggle this season but should be ok.

Only on the foxes forum having opinions like that makes you a negative poster, and a Pearson hater

Where, substantiate where the 'anti- Pearson brigade' are waiting.

Some need to get over defending Pearson, nobody is waiting for him to **** up, nobody wants him or us to do badly, as they come hand in hand.

People can have concerns about the quality of the squad, lack of signings, players early showing, that doesn't mean they hate Pearson, or even moaning, it just means they have doubts about how things will play out, nobody knows how it will go, but if the people who run the club have prepared right, invested right, we will still struggle this season but should be ok.

Only on the foxes forum having opinions like that makes you a negative poster, and a Pearson hater

Oh, I have nothing substantial as of right now - call it a funny feeling.

Pearson needed defending in the Championship years to a certain extent (looking back at some of the "Out" threads makes for a right laugh) and he needs it even more now, as it is his first tenure as a Premier League manager. There is no stats, no data, no season to compare this one to. We're basically starting with a clean slate.

I do hope the majority of fans tackle this new season with a realistic outlook and don't expect miracles on a regular basis. We have assets such as team spirit and unity in our favour and little to no "high profile signing" to spoil that and we should do just fine.

We all have doubts as to how this season will pan out, myself included. I'm looking forward to a unique roller coaster ride with just the right outcome - managing to avoid the drop.

Oh, I have nothing substantial as of right now - call it a funny feeling.

Pearson needed defending in the Championship years to a certain extent (looking back at some of the "Out" threads makes for a right laugh) and he needs it even more now, as it is his first tenure as a Premier League manager. There is no stats, no data, no season to compare this one to. We're basically starting with a clean slate.

I do hope the majority of fans tackle this new season with a realistic outlook and don't expect miracles on a regular basis. We have assets such as team spirit and unity in our favour and little to no "high profile signing" to spoil that and we should do just fine.

We all have doubts as to how this season will pan out, myself included. I'm looking forward to a unique roller coaster ride with just the right outcome - managing to avoid the drop.

The time your on about has gone, not saying he didn't deserve the criticism at the time, and he did well to hang onto his job, but he has turned a corner after that hard time and had a great season last season.

There will be some that will call for his head when we hit the expected hard times, and for some will go down the lines of your only as good as your last game without a doubt, but that can't be said about everybody that hasn't always thought Pearson was the manager for us.

You say the Pearson out brigade are waiting, but I think the pro Pearson brigade are waiting for people to start calling him just as much, cannot substantiate it, just a feeling.

For me it's about managing expectations, I expect nothing other than a struggle this season, set the bar nice and low and if we do really well, it's a bonus, but that doesn't mean if we are getting battered every week I won't have a moan.

I don't think we will get hammered every week, but as long as we are in games and picking up some points I will be content, but even these so called lesser sides still have very good squads.

Before I embarrass myself like a Grandma at Christmas not understanding the sarcasm of her grandchildren by having a go at people that are just trolling can I just check if the people being negative on here are beig serious or not? You sound absolutely mental.

Oh, and hello everyone, I have been away for a while.

Ooh, and I have a tiny penis. X

Hello rumble, just so you know I still love you. Keep up the sanity for the coming seasoning fear we might be in a minority xx

I wish I could say I was amazed by the doom-mongering regarding Ulloa but given this place's history I'm not in the slightest. It's like some literally never ever learn. Last pre-season and the season that followed it is evidence enough that it means absolutely nothing.

Having said that - I haven't been remotely impressed by the bloke yet, but it's early days.

Last pre season was dire if my memory served me rightly. And then look what happened.

The friendlies are a fitness exercise, nothing more.

Chill, look and take your time before judging us.

The start of the season itself wasn't too great either performance wise.

I recall Pearson playing 3-5-2 and 4-4-3 before realising our squad had been tailor made by him for 4-4-2 and the experimentation was folly.

We played these differing formations all through pre season also, and this time it's 4-2-3-1 which is the current fashion in the Premier League.

For me the underlying concern is the defence. We play 4 at the back now whatever the system, and right now it's not looking too clever.

Archived