Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ross-Kemp

LCFC v PNE match day thread

I'm trying to not have a Stringer obsession ... but my God the bloke is a knob.

He's just effectively dismissed Nigel when he chose the interview was over with a very terse "thanks a lot" said in a millisecond .... You could hear in NP's reply he was astonished ... This season NP will knock him out after a loss, and I'm right behind you Nige.

Can't believe the reaction after a pre season game

Think I might give this place a miss next season tbh

I'm with you. Imagine what the 'fans' on here will be like when we lose a couple. Some fans don't deserve the team they have.

Being a football fan on t'internet...

Say "we're doomed" and all that negative hoo-haa and if we go down, the "I told you so" brigade are out in force wearing their misery badges with pride. But should we stay up, then it's "I'm glad to have been proved wrong" stuff.

Yes moaning. Suggesting that it's "concerning" after a few minutes in a couple of nothing games.

It's not concerning, just like us losing a load of preseason games last season shouldn't have been concerning. It doesn't mean a sodding thing, especially when the bloke is probably still living out of a suitcase.

What'll be "concerning" is if he doesn't do what he's been brought in to do next season.

But I suppose the same old suspects with negative, over reacting mind sets will continue where there left off and I should expect nothing else.

I suggest you calm yourself down, and wind your neck in, so nobody can comment if a player has a off few games, or is playing like Brighton fans said he would.

And for the record nobody has said he is shit, just saying his early showing isn't that great, and his touch is concerning.

I might be wrong but I believe you admin on here, and if people get shot down for giving there opinions, it's a pretty poor showing.

I have looked in on here over the summer, and if you don't agree with the masses, you are ganged up on or called negative.

This forum needs to go back to basics and do what it's ment to be, take in others views, and people respect others views, and not cause a slanging match because they don't like what someone else has to say, debate not slag off.

I'm trying to not have a Stringer obsession ... but my God the bloke is a knob. He's just effectively dismissed Nigel when he chose the interview was over with a very terse "thanks a lot" said in a millisecond .... You could hear in NP's reply he was astonished ... This season NP will knock him out after a loss, and I'm right behind you Nige.

Some people in the media business learn quickly how to deal with interviewees they have to speak to on a regular basis. And some, quite incredibly IMHO, don't  :o

This is why I hate friendlies, even if we were to win them all ultimately it means fuck all.

Yes you want to see players playing well, I myself am dubious about Ulloa and in the games he has played so far i've not seen anything to put those worries to rest but i'm not going to say he'll be a failure based on three (?) friendies that he's not even played a full 90 in.

I understand you need friendlies to get the fitness, the match fitness but as fans they really are pointless. I'm not really sure why they are so publicised or get such media attention, I guess we're all desperate to have football back but they are boring, you can't take anything from them as fans or pundits, they are run out's for the players and their fitness end of.

I think today's game is more useful to the manager than the 6-1 win against Ilkeston

I didn't follow the game today but by all accounts it was a competitive game. And don't forget that PNE are a week ahead of us in terms of preparation and fitness levels

Exactly. It's better to be stretched during pre season than not at all.

Very disappointed with Ulloa today, looked well off the pace.

Were you at the match?

or just listening to the hopeless Stringer.

Don't give a fvck about pre season it's about getting players match fit. Was not worried last season thought we would be ok. Never though we would do as well as we did. Pre season is about getting things right and players match fit not winning. Would rather pick up 6pts in our first five games when it matters than 5 pre season wins. Get real these games mean fvck all.

[a bomb goes off in the centre of the pitch, creating a sink hole that engulfs the majority of the field, sucking in the majority of the players. Out of the pit emerges Cerberus, the mythical three headed dog that guards the gates of hell, he crushes Marc Albrighton with one swoop, and eats Gary Taylor Feltcher limb from limb. People flee the stadium, screaming and trying to contact loved ones]

Stringer : "You're not missing anything, folks. So Gerry, what d'you make of orange boots?"

We lost to Northampton last season in a friendly. Went on to win the league. These friendlies are simply about getting the minutes in so you're prepared for the season.

Why do people still worry about pre season. Yes win's would be ok, but it's main aim is to get players fit. Do I think we'd lose to Preston in a competitive match? No. But this is pre season.

And on Ulloa. The guy has just come into the club and has played little here. He'll improve.

Archived