Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content
Foxes1

Werder Bremen - pre match, match and post match thread

Recommended Posts

Posted

Only from clueless morons.

Clueless? So spending 8 million on a striker and not signing a left back or right back or midfielder isn't clueless. Don't think a lot of people understand how much quality is in the prem. We need new signings and fast.

Posted

They aren't playing a strong side, Elia will have Konchesky's pants down.

 

Full-strength side for them according to 2 Werder fans on another forum. Their 'away form is non-existent' they also said!

Posted

Full-strength side for them according to 2 Werder fans on another forum. Their 'away form is non-existent' they also said!

Shows what I know haha :D
Posted

Clueless? So spending 8 million on a striker and not signing a left back or right back or midfielder isn't clueless. Don't think a lot of people understand how much quality is in the prem. We need new signings and fast.

 

Nigel Pearson guided us to the Premier League. I don't think he is exactly "cluesless" and I'm pretty confident he knows more than us about tactics, formations and players. It's not as simple as going out and buying players, it's not Football Manager.

Posted

Scandolous how we are starting the final pre season game before a prem campaign with one new signing. Pressure will be on Pearson if we don't make new signings and we struggle

We've made a new signing? Who is the one signing we've made?

Posted

Nigel Pearson guided us to the Premier League. I don't think he is exactly "cluesless" and I'm pretty confident he knows more than us about tactics, formations and players. It's not as simple as going out and buying players, it's not Football Manager.

Okay mate. If you are happy with Konchesky/ Schlupp and RDL/Moore as our left and right backs in the premiership then that's your opinion. Konchesky wasn't good enough for us in the Championship let alone prem. People are scared to criticise Pearson.

Posted

Am I the only one concerned with the amount of gametime Hammond is getting?

I'm more concerned with the lack of gametime Vardy's getting.  :(   

Posted

Okay mate. If you are happy with Konchesky/ Schlupp and RDL/Moore as our left and right backs in the premiership then that's your opinion. Konchesky wasn't good enough for us in the Championship let alone prem. People are scared to criticise Pearson.

For christs sake! If Alex Bruce can be a premier league defender I'm pretty sure all 4 mentioned can too!

That's not to say we still don't need to strengthen the squad but there's still time for that!

Posted

Couple players missing but that squad does look pretty thin on the ground to me.

 

Yep, that's why we need a bit more cover because if Ulloa get's injured we struggle to play one up front and if Vardy and Drinky then pick up knock's a Cambiasso and a Deeney would be pretty handy to have around!

 

Big day for Konchesky today methinks. I can see him being sold and another first choice left back brought in with Schlupp as cover if he makes a mess of things.

Posted

Taggart rates Moore very highly and he was a good defender. I don't know what some people expect of Pearson. spend 20m on a player who will have tantrums when dropped for a week? 5m on a player who turns out to be a bad buy because of lack of research. The important thing is having a group of players that fit together on and off the pitch and it seems it worked last season so no reason why that should change.

 

I liked that Verder fan from Nottingham Predicted 50-0 to them. Well he was asked what score he'd like to see. Who said Germans had no sense of humour

Posted

Okay mate. If you are happy with Konchesky/ Schlupp and RDL/Moore as our left and right backs in the premiership then that's your opinion. Konchesky wasn't good enough for us in the Championship let alone prem. People are scared to criticise Pearson.

 

I'm not scared to criticise anybody, I pay my money to go home and away so it's my opinion. It may be different to yours, sometimes it might be the same, that's football.

 

Am I help with Konchesky and Schlupp at left back? Of course not. I think we need another left back, as well as another centre half. But it's not as easy as going out and buying one. Nigel has said this so many times, there's many aspects that us fans don't see involved with transfers.

 

The Premier League is not this massive scary prospect which fans like you seem to think it is. We're miles away from the top teams - Everton, Tottenham, Arsenal, Liverpool, Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea - (the teams that have the ££££ to spend each summer) but I don't personally feel we are a million miles away from the likes of Hull, Swansea and Aston Villa. You don't need a team of top stars to sustain Premier League status, you don't need to spend £15million on players to stay in the division. Ask QPR. They went up and bought about 13 players. Did it work out? No. They sacked their manager and almost got relegated.

 

Regardless of whether you're happy or not with the squad, at the end of the day we all need to get behind the club - including Pearson and his staff - because this season won't be an easy ride. We could well be bottom by the end of September given our start, but patience is key because Pearson has taken us a long way.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...