Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Roy M

Jermain Defoe

Fair point its certainly been something that has caused a problem this season

If you heard the new keeper talking to sky sports after he signed he did say Nigel wanted more experience in too and I interpreted that more may come soon

If you heard the new keeper talking to sky sports after he signed he did say Nigel wanted more experience in too and I interpreted that more may come soon

Well said buddy... ;) I always think new players are given a bit of a briefing on what the vision is and if that means namedropping, well, it may just help.

Leicester isn't far from London. That's going to make no difference. It'll come down to wedge and length of contract. Plus get out clause. We can hard ball a little Joe we have that position covered better so could be interesting.

course it will.

Alot of footballers like the social life of London. It's not like it'll be his first club there either.

yeah but if we do everything better than qpr/west ham/whoever else in london he's not going to turn us down in favour of them just because he can't be bothered with an hour or so drive or an hour on a first class train every day. if he signed for us he'd probably live out of leicester anyway because it's not that nice compared to a lot of places he could clearly afford to live. 

eg pearson living in sheffield isn't going to leave us for sheffield united anytime soon just cos it's an hours drive away. 

yeah but if we do everything better than qpr/west ham/whoever else in london he's not going to turn us down in favour of them just because he can't be bothered with an hour or so drive or an hour on a first class train every day. if he signed for us he'd probably live out of leicester anyway because it's not that nice compared to a lot of places he could clearly afford to live. 

eg pearson living in sheffield isn't going to leave us for sheffield united anytime soon just cos it's an hours drive away.

Its not about 'cant be bothered' maybe he just likes living down there? Including his youth career he spent 15 years here and it was all south of the Watford gap. As well as the south coast.

He must be going palace we are now 1/1 and they are 2/1 seriously big change

So the bookies say he's unlikely to be going to Palace, therefore he must be going to Palace? I don't know why some people put so much faith in the bookies. They can't see into the future and they're not vastly more intelligent than us. For transfers they might have a bit more info but that doesn't mean they ought to be treated like the fecking oracle.

Defoe is still a single man and has been in the press alot regarding women.

I am sure he would much rather be chasing the women of London than Leicester...

He used to live in Hertfordshire (my friend used to see him prowling in her local). It's not like there's a massive difference in driving from their to Leicester and driving across London to get to Palace and their training ground.

Defoe is still a single man and has been in the press alot regarding women.

I am sure he would much rather be chasing the women of London than Leicester...

Leicester is centrally located so he can chase women from around the whole country

Leicester is centrally located so he can chase women from around the whole country

Lets not start using this to start promoting our club to potential strikers we don't want Ched Evans here 

Pardew has been given a wedge at Palace so I'd be surprised if they can't come to a deal - I can't see QPR affording him and Liverpool don't want him so it's a waiting game to see if we can offer more than Palace if we really want him. I'd be surprised to see him come here unless we break the bank.

We can confirm that @IAmJermainDefoe will train with our Development Squad for the next week to maintain fitness during MLS close season.

Interesting. Looks like he anticpates no decision being made until at least next week then. I guess that can only confirm speculation that he is talking to multiple clubs and taking some time to weigh up options (not that that is something people hadn't already assumed). I'm still hopeful of getting Defoe.

Archived