Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Roy M

Jermain Defoe

We can confirm that @IAmJermainDefoe will train with our Development Squad for the next week to maintain fitness during MLS close season.

Was told this by a spurs fan last night he also said we are favourites to sign him.

Also Hull would have to break the bank to get him as it is to far from london.

He would have been great but it would have been a huge money sink if it had gone through. A £7M transfer fee that we would have no hope in hell of recovering plus at least £50k/week whereas Kramaric is believed to be on about £27k/week with a good chance of recovering that fee if we go down or even making a huge profit if we stay up. I wouldn't say I'm happy but I'm certainly not sad.

How has his spell at Toronto "failed to pay off"? It's not like he alone is the team, really. Who knows what TFC could've achieved with Defoe staying on for another year and everybody else fit and eager to win games...

He'd surely need serious work on fitness, hence being probably not a viable option.

Was told last nite he was ours.

QPR moved today and he wants to be with Arry.

Fitness he could play next sat spurs surprised at his fitness level while training?

Just what I have been told.

Archived