Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Stoke Post Match Thread - 0 - 1

First half was shite but we noticeably got better when Camby and Drinky got into the game. Start those two and Vardy instead of Nugent and we'll start playing some proper stuff.

Just like I said at half time, we needed some class in the middle, and we got it.

The sign of champions is winning when you're not playing well.

lol

I've been so impressed with King and Hammond this season, but I think Drinkwater and Cambiasso will start the next match. I think we'll be able to control games a bit more when we get those two firing on all cylinders.

Bring on United.

A small club like Stoke have done well to stay in the top flight for so long, should be grateful rather than this rather pathetic "we've been here for longer so we deserved to win" attitude! Having read Wankcake they do seem quite bitter, oh well.

Oatcake what's the score oatcake oatcake what's the score!!!

A Nigel Pearson master class.

ostcake crumbles, Stoke couldnt pick up any crumbs, cracked in the final 3rd.

potters fail to sow their wild oats. Crouch couldnt stand up, but foxes bend over backwards for 3 points.

Abject first half, luckily Stoke lacked any kind of discernable quality to make the most of our slackness. Cambiasso and Drinkwater made no end of difference and Nige got his changed absolutely spot on, both have to start against United (providing Cambiasso has enough in him), we played some promising stuff when the pair of them managed to get a foot hold in midfield, they both keep the ball so, so well. 

Aside from that; I thought Konchesky and De Laet were both superb, and after a wobbly opening few Hamer was terrific.First clean sheet of the season is huge, too - absolutely no reason why we can't get any change from United if we approach it the right way.

Smash and grab, what a victory.

Five points from four of the top 9, brilliant start.

I think based on the first half "smash and grab" would've been appropriate, but did they actually make all that much? Seemed to have a lot of the ball but mainly had a tonne of pot shots from range or crosses that never really looked to trouble us. Can't recall Hamer being forced into a save of any note.

Second half we certainly matched them and it could even be argued that we made the better chances, easily looked more threatening / purposeful when we did move forward by comparison to them who delivered pedestrian cross after cross to Crouch once they'd been stood up.

I think "smash and grab" is doing our second half performance a massive disservice.

Archived