Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Stoke Post Match Thread - 0 - 1

We were poor first half. I was screaming for changes. We couldn't get our foot on the ball. It really was backs to the wall for the entire 45. But then NP made those vital changes and on came the engine room and the passing god. We suddenly matched if not bettered their midfield and created the better chances. I therefore think a draw would've been fair but it's all about taking your chances at this level. We did, stoke didn't. A great first win of the season and it's fair to say we're enjoying it!

On that Oatcake site, I noticed one comment that I wanted to quote but they are not allowing registration at the moment. I wonder why. haha

Anyway, the quote was some inbred saying that this is our cup final and I simply wanted to ask how many actual cup finals have Stoke been in ever. It can't be many I imagine as they haven't won much in their history. Maybe they want it to be our cup final so they can feel the excitement of a cup final.

Stinker of a first half. The less said about it the better. I can't actually remember anything that we did that was good.

Second half was class. Still had to withstand a lot of pressure but with the introduction of Cambiasso (who looked effortless in everything he did) we were able to play with a lot more freedom and fluidity. Compared to the first half when we seemed abject of any ideas.

Perfect counter attacking goal and a cheeky finish which seemed forever to go in, supplied by a fantastic cross from Konchesky who again had another solid game.

Moore and Morgan looked brilliant together and are forming a really solid partnership. Nugent put his usual hard work and was a lt better in the second half.

Ulloa. Wow. Another great signing. Works hard, takes a lot of knocks, has a class first touch but most importantly he knows where the net is.

A game where certainly didn't deserve the win, but who cares.

On that Oatcake site, I noticed one comment that I wanted to quote but they are not allowing registration at the moment. I wonder why. haha

Anyway, the quote was some inbred saying that this is our cup final and I simply wanted to ask how many actual cup finals have Stoke been in ever. It can't be many I imagine as they haven't won much in their history. Maybe they want it to be our cup final so they can feel the excitement of a cup final.

Well we have already beaten them in one cup final....

Updated my %points table from the 'do they mean us' thread, showing the proportion of points we've won so far versus those gained by other teams in the same fixture last year. Makes for very nice reading :)

points.png

Only 1 team outside the top half has taken as many points as we have from those fixtures, and a fair few in the top half failed to do so also.

*% points is calculated from each teams available points, so for Everton/Chelsea/Arsenal/Stoke it's the % out of 9 available. Rest is out of 12.

I think we're not giving ourselves enough credit here. Yes Stoke did dominate possession, but they only made a small few half chances. We defended resolutely and broke well every time in the second half. Whether we deserved all 3 or not is up for debate, but tactically we went there not to get beat, and came away with the win.

10/10 for Pearson today, substitutions were perfect.

Leonardo Ulloa: The Patagonian Puma 

Yes! That's how I shall think of him from now on.

Wonderful finish. Great turnaround in the second half. Brilliant result. 

Hungry now...hmm. Fancy an oatcake or something...

Looking from Pearsons angle.

His top or suprising performers of past weeks, didnt turn up today.He wont just disregard them, but nice to know, players can be interchanged and subbed.

Hamer good points made, Maybe we must do without Kasper for a couple of games, top repacement available.

New signing Cambiasso makes positive debut. Drinkwater comes off the bench, proves immediately, hes one of our top players.

Defence, now we know we have a back four fit for PL, with back up potential.WE CAN build from the back.

Ulloa our record signing is scoring. Nugent when he is getting the service looks decent, but alternatives around.

Schlupp, hot and cold, could do better, others can compete for his spot.Vardy returning to match fitness.

One negative, shame we couldnt still be in the league cup.Other new signings could be thrown in.

Morgan motm for me again, he's a tank and dealt with nearly everything!

Good to have Drinky back and Cambiasso looked class when he came on!

Quality finish from Ulloa, can't moan about the result but still a lot of attempts allowed, hopefully we'll have more possession in future games!

Looking from Pearsons angle.

His top or suprising performers of past weeks, didnt turn up today.He wont just disregard them, but nice to know, players can be interchanged and subbed.

Hamer good points made, Maybe we must do without Kasper for a couple of games, top repacement available.

New signing Cambiasso makes positive debut. Drinkwater comes off the bench, proves immediately, hes one of our top players.

Defence, now we know we have a back four fit for PL, with back up potential.WE CAN build from the back.

Ulloa our record signing is scoring. Nugent when he is getting the service looks decent, but alternatives around.

Schlupp, hot and cold, could do better, others can compete for his spot.Vardy returning to match fitness.

One negative, shame we couldnt still be in the league cup.Other new signings could be thrown in.

This first season for me is all about the premier league..... I don't care about anything else. Less games = less chance of silly injuries = fresher for the prem games.

In all seriousness pretty standard result, wins against poverty teams such as Stoke are standard imo.

No...sorry I cannot let that go. What planet are you on? We are newly promoted without spending like a kid in a sweet shop and have achieved a great result. You need a reality check chap.

This first season for me is all about the premier league..... I don't care about anything else. Less games = less chance of silly injuries = fresher for the prem games.

Yes, then no. I would like to blood those new signings, especially to keep motivation ticking, and errors made while getting use to club, and accustomed to teammates play.

Archived