Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Stoke Post Match Thread - 0 - 1

From the BBC report

It was a hugely satisfying afternoon for Leicester boss Nigel Pearson, who got his tactics spot on.

Well-organised and resilient, the Foxes were content to sit back and soak up the pressure in the opening 45 minutes before Pearson introduced Argentina international Cambiasso at half-time for his Foxes debut.

Not really sure what Stoke are complaining about. Firstly they were diving all over the place, that doesn't mean you should be getting penalties.

Secondly, we were wank in the first half, but they didn't create many proper chances. To me, they dominated possession but just weren't good enough to score. They can't say they were unlucky.

If they watched the second half they could see we're a better side than the first half suggested.

GET IN!!!

Tough place to go Stoke (That's no cliche either) and thought a draw was in reality the best we could hope for.

Sounded like we took a lot of pressure but we obviously made the most of our rare chances, we sounded the better team 2nd half.

Very happy! Hamer I didn't have full faith in but he sounded like more than an able deputy, however I will need to see more from him to gain a fair view.

Lets carry on, gain more confidence and hopefully the get a similar result next week against United!!

C'MON!

4-3-3 next week.

Kasper

RDL, Morgan, Moore, Konchesky

Drinkwater, James, Cambiasso

Mahrez, Ulloa, Vardy

First 3 points. ****ing come on!!!!!!!

Yes! I think that's our best XI.

I might put them in a 4-2-3-1, with James and Cambiasso sitting and Drinky playmaker, but I do think that's our best team.

Shit first half but mainly due to not being able to get possession and when we did it ended in some comical turnovers (Schlupp FFS!!!)

Better second half and to be fair just centimetres away from 2 or 3 more.

Thought both fullbacks did decent job and Hamer was brilliant after the first nervy 15 mins or so.

Ulloa - the man can score!

I reckon Drinkwater should bic his head like Cambiasso who agrees? Then we will have two little bald men in the middle and it will startle the opposition players, fans and staff.

Worked for Everton with Carsley and Gravesen awhile back.

How can we not start with Cambiasso and Drinkwater next week. They were absolute class together

I'm positive he will.

The thing is though, King and Hammond have been playing well, and nobody surely can deny that, we've had the results (and performances) to back that claim up. But if Nige were to change a performing team because his 'bigger names' became available, what would that do to team morale? We have one hell of a togethernes and a fighting spirit, you risk breaking some of that team bond by dropping players that have been performing well to accomodate others.

Dropping King and Hammond to the bench is now justified, I mean that with all due respect to both of them, King especially has been immense before the internationals, and I'm sure both will continue to have some part to play this season. But now the in-form pair of Cambiasso and Drinky are the obvious choice, and deserve a starting place until a scenmario arrises where they no longer perform, although I don't expect Cambiasso to play 90mins every game.

Great result today though, although the better side over 90 minutes lost.... to be fair.

Archived