Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Leicester City v Manchester United post match thread 5 - 3

Unbelievable feeling after today's game. I can't even describe the emotion when Vardy scored. It seemed he had the ball for a lifetime in space and it was never in doubt, I was just waiting to celebrate.

Just a thought back to some of the horrendous times we've been through to get here. They are starting to seem like a distant memory.

Long may this form continue.

Hahaha, I've just read that some Man Utd fans think Blackett was fouled in the run up to our 5th. The first thing that came to mind is Burnley last season when Wood scored.

When you're sounding as desperate as Burnley fans maybe you should just call it a day lol

Hahaha, I've just read that some Man Utd fans think Blackett was fouled in the run up to our 5th. The first thing that came to mind is Burnley last season when Wood scored.

When you're sounding as desperate as Burnley fans maybe you should just call it a day lol

They day that little nudge on Blackett counts as a foul, is the day i'm switching from football to croquet. Its pathetic how little contact people class as a foul these days - seems more apparent with fans of the bigger clubs. Grow a pair man!

Guest bss9401

That Cambiasso finish took me back to Wembley and Thompson's equaliser to make it 3-3 against Swindon... only this time of course the ending was very different.  

when esteban bagged jesus christ what a don. his face in them celebrations. 

it was all just so perfect. cambiasso bagging the equaliser, vardy getting the 4th, just sheer disbelief from everyone in the ground. i rang my old man after like i always do after games but didn't really know what to say lol

we conceded three times but liam moore was sensational today. again. we've got the f ucking spine of the next england team in our team right now im bloody tellin ya. moore, drinky & vardy. allll day. 

Absolutely loved this,

Fair enough first penalty was dubious but **** it, United have had so many dubious decisions go their way over the years whilst we've had our fair share of bad luck.

The fact that it could have been six tells you its on story.

In a word, Jamie Vardy was unstoppable.

When I saw the lineups before the game, I said that I wanted to see Vardy try to get to the left wing whenever he could and get after Rafael, whom I think is an absolute pile of dog shit right back. I really felt that, eventually, Vardy would be able to exploit this mismatch and create at least one great chance, and he did just that making Rafael his bitch to draw the penalty at 3-1.

Yes, that penalty was soft, but I've also heard and read a few people say that Rafael (and the rest of the United back line) needed to be a little more "streetwise." Yet so many other people have used today to highlight Vardy's meteoric rise from non-league to Premier League. How can Jamie Vardy, with so little Premier League experience, get it when a Premier League-winning right back can't?

But it wasn't just that play. Vardy just waltzed into acres of space for his goal, which he took superbly, and was an absolute menace on the right side, too!

I know the PL will randomly select some players from drug testing after the game, and I feel like they had to choose Vardy today. It's almost as if he has to be on some sort of steroids to have improved as much as he had in the past two years... but no; chalk this one up to another amazing job by LCFC's scouting department and coaching staff.

What rating would I give Vardy today?

countbackwardspanish.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

CountTirePoem.jpg

Ah, ah, ah!

The reaction of a lot of their fans has been the pathetic retort of fans who don't think sides like Leicester have any right to beat them. Built on years of success in which they have received countless dodgy ref's decisions and crazy amount of extra time driven by their manager berating the match officials. Instead of blaming the ref they should have a really good look at their own players and even more their management.

They simply looked very very good when things were going well for them but as soon as we had the audacity to get a second goal they simply fell apart. They had no leaders on the pitch and looked exactly what they currently are an obscenly costly assemblage of world class players who at the moment don't seem to be a team, who don't really seem motivated by their manager or management team and who are presumably just there for the money. They will undoubtedly get better and I expect another 150 million to be spent in January. If their world renowned manager spent more time motivating his players instead of sitting on his arse presumably trying to desperately consult one of the supposedly four books they had compiled on us and had not taken off their best player then maybe they would have done better.

As for us we showed what a real team is like. We may not have their quality but days like today show why supporting sides like Leicester can be so much more rewarding than supporting sides like Man Utd. Yes they have won countless trophies but winning these sort of games for sides like us really means something to our fans whereas for them it is just another match they should win and believe they have a divine right to win and when they don't they can only whinge.

Some of our play today was excellent but I suspect the press will be full of how poor Man utd were at times rather than giving us any credit.

Walking back from the ground with friends.A man walking his dog on the rally park asks what score the game had finished at? As he had last heard 2-1 on the wireless.

To which I replied with a straight face 5-3

paused and said to leicester .

His SHOCKED FACE and reaction of really ? Was priceless never seen some body so shocked.

What a day .... 5-3 against Man U 0-2 down then 3-1 down to comeback and win...?!!?

WOW what a day .

I was there !

Archived