Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Leicester City v Manchester United post match thread 5 - 3

That first goal was absolutely brilliant. Even with his 3 assists and 1 goal in the second half (lol) that perseverance, pace and precision cross by Vardy was unreal, and Ulloa's header was top drawer.

I love goals like that.

Now I've seen a fair few football matches. That's the best live game I've ever been to. "Dare to dream" I told my mate at 3-1 down. I couldn't see for tears in my eyes when Cambiasso scored. I loved today. When I put a tenner in to my betfair account for a fiver each way HT/FT I didn't even remember until 4-3 that I might be in for £230 quid. Sitting in my garden after 'several' large drinks, happy. The thing that made me most happy was walking around the stadium after the game to my bike - people under 25 generally seemed elated but there was a sea of people, older people, just smiling, making eye contact and shaking their heads in disbelief and amazement at what they had just witnessed. I won't forget this day.

Now I've seen a fair few football matches. That's the best live game I've ever been to. "Dare to dream" I told my mate at 3-1 down. I couldn't see for tears in my eyes when Cambiasso scored. I loved today. When I put a tenner in to my betfair account for a fiver each way HT/FT I didn't even remember until 4-3 that I might be in for £230 quid. Sitting in my garden after 'several' large drinks, happy. The thing that made me most happy was walking around the stadium after the game to my bike - people under 25 generally seemed elated but there was a sea of people, older people, just smiling, making eye contact and shaking their heads in disbelief and amazement at what they had just witnessed. I won't forget this day.

Great post that. Very heartfelt. I thought exactly the same walking back after the game. A real sense of elation. And congrats on the bet. I was toying with laying a ten on City prematch. Now I wish I had.

:thumbup:

I would just like to add a comment today, I have followed city for twenty years home and away and recently started reading Foxestalk. I have never really felt compelled to comment on the forum but after today I have too. I am just so proud of the players, fans and the owners. The reason I say the owners is they could have easily sacked Pearson when we had the dissapointing finish to 12/13, but they took the brave stance and stuck with him. They deserve today as much as the players and us. I thought the Kop today was loud and original thanks to some of the songs that have been born on this site.

Finally, Vardy, what a great inspiration, from non-league to ripping United apart, a true city great!

Overall I think everyone deserve's a big pat on the back! I am very emotinonal tonight as you probably can tell.......................a long time since I have felt quite so proud.

I suspect that the last time we scored 5 PL goals was the Sunderland game with Collymore & Heskey before we sold Bruno.

This was so much better,the character shown to come from 2 goals down twice!

When Cambiasso equalised I thought that was it and we needed to hold on for a point,thank god the players thought otherwise!

It was an absolute privilege to be there today - just amazing. That was possibly my favourite ever City game. Magical. My bro was over from Ireland and his boy took in his first ever Prem game - he was half ecstatic, half scared shitless.

I'll never forget the atmosphere when the fourth went in, bloody mental.

Although today was probably the best game i've ever seen in terms of scoreline and excitement, there are still things we need to improve on performance wise. Got dispossessed from behind several times today taking too long to think on the ball. Also we were defending way too deeply and not pushing out for quite long periods, particularly leading up to their 3rd. Looked like we were too busy admiring them rather than getting the ball off them and getting it away. Could see their goal coming. The likes of Man City and Chelsea WILL take advantage of that. Cant afford to make silly Championship mistakes in the Premier League, because we will be punished. Luckily it was an average United side today.

Not to take anything away from what was a superb day. Really proud of the lads and its great to be a city fan. Underestimate us at your peril!

Since coming home I've watched and re-watched the goals multiple times and just can't get the smile off my face! My voice has gone from the singing, my shins are bruised from the jumping and my back has just gone from when I fell over celebrating the 4th goal. 

Difficult to put into words how proud and happy I feel today. There's something very special going on at our football club right now and I can't wait to see where it ends up. 

Guest bss9401

I took my son to his first game, against Crewe in the championship in 2006. I took him to Carlisle, Hartlepool, Hereford and Huddersfield in League 1. Then again to games every season including last year. At times I have wondered whether he has ever really got "it". I never doubted he is a Leicester City fan but today he showed me that he seriously has got "it". He understands "it", he feels "it". I am in the clouds tonight and am so proud of Leicester City, it's owners, NP, the coaches, all the players and every amazing fan in the ground today. I told my son that this is what I wanted him to see, that today will never be forgotten. Today was massive, a milestone. This is what a dad taking his kid to football should feel like. A long, hard road to get to today but it has been worth it.

Archived