Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Leicester City v Manchester United post match thread 5 - 3

Tyler Blackett is easily the best player in their defence and he's 20, inexperienced and not even a centre half.

I found it hilarious that a lot of fans on here were saying he was shit lol I said before the game that he was decent enough and he was their best defender out there, I think he was the best cb on the pitch today bar his sending off.

There was a moment early in the second half where Vardy nodded it inside to Nugent who was clear but then flagged offside. Was it correct?

Not from where we were sat in the West Stand.

I took my son to his first game, against Crewe in the championship in 2006. I took him to Carlisle, Hartlepool, Hereford and Huddersfield in League 1. Then again to games every season including last year. At times I have wondered whether he has ever really got "it". I never doubted he is a Leicester City fan but today he showed me that he seriously has got "it". He understands "it", he feels "it". I am in the clouds tonight and am so proud of Leicester City, it's owners, NP, the coaches, all the players and every amazing fan in the ground today. I told my son that this is what I wanted him to see, that today will never be forgotten. Today was massive, a milestone. This is what a dad taking his kid to football should feel like. A long, hard road to get to today but it has been worth it.

That's a lovely story!!!

Although today was probably the best game i've ever seen in terms of scoreline and excitement, there are still things we need to improve on performance wise. Got dispossessed from behind several times today taking too long to think on the ball. Also we were defending way too deeply and not pushing out for quite long periods, particularly leading up to their 3rd. Looked like we were too busy admiring them rather than getting the ball off them and getting it away. Could see their goal coming. The likes of Man City and Chelsea WILL take advantage of that. Cant afford to make silly Championship mistakes in the Premier League, because we will be punished. Luckily it was an average United side today.

Not to take anything away from what was a superb day. Really proud of the lads and its great to be a city fan. Underestimate us at your peril!

Moaning after that game....

YjNP1m.gif

Some Manchester United fans claiming Blackett was fouled in the build up to the second penalty

YjNP1m.gif

yeyeyeyeyeysysyeyeyyeeyessssss im so happy

If that Falcao effort went in I think it would have been game over really. Thought we were going to get hammered after 2-0.

Vardy destroyed them with his pace, Blackett and Rojo just couldn't handle him. United are really lacking a leader in defence, says a lot when they have to bring on a half fit Chris Smalling on.

Was thinking Vardy was offside when he was clean through to score his goal, was really strange how everyone just seemed to stop lol

Although today was probably the best game i've ever seen in terms of scoreline and excitement, there are still things we need to improve on performance wise. Got dispossessed from behind several times today taking too long to think on the ball. Also we were defending way too deeply and not pushing out for quite long periods, particularly leading up to their 3rd. Looked like we were too busy admiring them rather than getting the ball off them and getting it away. Could see their goal coming. The likes of Man City and Chelsea WILL take advantage of that. Cant afford to make silly Championship mistakes in the Premier League, because we will be punished. Luckily it was an average United side today.

Not to take anything away from what was a superb day. Really proud of the lads and its great to be a city fan. Underestimate us at your peril!

exactly, but besides Man city, Chelsea, there is no other like.!!!!!

Dont find faults where faults in football abound, all teams at our level will sometimes be off the pace, this idea we stood off admiring them is a ready made clichy.They were just better than us in that 1st 10 minutes of the 2nd half, they have 5-6 WC players in the front 6. Every game we have played this season the opposition have had their commanding periods, its how our team cope, and readdress the next period of play.

Could see their goal coming...FFs this wasnt Stoke, who could still be playing us today, but didnt have the finess or quality or the quality of eye to beat our defence.Manu just happen to have has I mentioned WC proven strikers, from Kickoff I seen them scoring...I put this down has Highscoring.

Another thing Manu, even with a terrible defence will find themselves in the top 4 IMO, unless they lose through injury 3 of their major players.....No I have no sympathies for the red-rubble.

There was a period after we scored the third when you could see we had broken them. It was surreal. Although we had always been in the game it was that 10 minute period when we kept possession and continued to attack that you could see them capitulate. We were brutal and clinical and unremittingly positive. An absolute joy.

Watched it in a pub in Loughborough, I envied these who went!

Still in a state of shock after this victory all way on the train ride back to London, so many highlights including my dad turning to me and said how he forgotten that it was such an emotional rollercoaster watching football and my girlfriend joining in with me trolling Man Utd fans I know on Facebook but most of all, just after final whistle. I just sat here and thought that I should bottle this feeling because it will never be same again, the second season (yes, I think we should stay up!) will not have same freshness and enthusiasm of the first season when everything is so new for us. I urge all of you to do the same, just bottle the moment and enjoy your night!

OH MY WORD WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED!!!

That was simply sublime! I scared the shit out of the cats with my screaming - and I love you all so much on here that I've reached my quota of positive votes for the day! (And I'm now a bit drunk)

WOOOOOOOOOOO!

:o  :scarf:  :nigel:

There was a period after we scored the third when you could see we had broken them. It was surreal. Although we had always been in the game it was that 10 minute period when we kept possession and continued to attack that you could see them capitulate. We were brutal and clinical and unremittingly positive. An absolute joy.

The last 30 minutes was reminiscent of last season, passing it around teams, making them chase the ball whilst Vardy, De Laet bombed forward with Drinky and James pulling the strings.

Expect it was Manchester United instead of Charlton and Millwall. Superb.

It's hard to put into words the atmosphere when Cambiasso equalised. It was even better than Vardy making it 4-3. I suppose it helped that we'd just scored twice in 3 minutes but it was absolutely indescribably mental.

Archived