Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Leicester City v Manchester United post match thread 5 - 3

The fact that Rooney represents the England National Team as Captain reflects the state it is currently in. I watched him quite a bit today and he never left Clattenburg alone. Always always moaning.

Just like their fans after the game. I saw loads of them moaning at the police, for some reason.

I said it pre World Cup and meant it. I'll say it again. Roy Hodgson should be looking very seriously at Jamie Vardy. There is nobody better in the English game at doing what the lad does. He did not give the UTD defence a moments peace today. His first touch has improved immensely, he can finish and he's absolutely lightning quick. I cannot recollect a better performance from a City striker in many years.

Finally, he will win you so many free kicks and penalties..both of huge importance.

Quality.

I could go on for paragraphs about today's match but anyone who was there today can tell you how special it was.

It's just a bit of a shame that Sky Sports (including Alan Smith - you'd never know he used to play for us, the bellend) have tried their best to downplay our performance and the achievement by making out it was all down to a 'dodgy' penalty.

We were fvcking better than them, eat shit you absolute w*nkers.

Guest LCFC_World

To be honest with you, I thought it was over when we went 2-0 down, but yet again we got behind the team every time we conceded, which I was very impressed with. Vardy was brilliant, Cambiasso was magic and Ulloa was great too. BEST home game I have been to in recent years. Can't wait for MOTD2!! 

What an incredible day, never been to a game like it in terms of atmosphere, comebacks, the lot. The last 30 minutes was unbelievable.

For an hour we looked like we'd struggle, going forward they were cutting us open and Man United usually know how to see games out. Brilliant goal from Di Maria but, as usual, we come back straight away with wonderful work by Vardy and another beauty of a header from Leo. The third goal seemed to kill us off and I expected them to cruise to a win.

But no, we kept going and got back with a soft penalty which I didn't think was, Vardy played for the contact. Nugent put it away and the belief came back, before Cambiasso's goal and a ground eruption. Hadn't heard noise like it and we were in the ascendency. We managed to keep the ball better and got forward relentlessly, which allowed Vardy to race through and coolly slot us into the lead.

Then the second penalty, this time no doubt, Leo tucked it away and we'd completed an amazing turnaround. And maybe could've had more if Schlupp had played King in for a tap-in.

Best match I've been to, without doubt. We've sat through a lot of miserable afternoons in the last 10 years so we should revel in this result. What a team.

Whirlwind afternoon. Went to a small English pub (the only decent one in Aarhus) with my United-supporting mate. We were greeted by a Man City fan who welcomed me and told my mate to **** off. It was brilliant. When the match started there were a number of United fans in there, but as soon as it finished, they all crawled off. It was an absolutely fantastic day.

Hats off to all of you who were lucky enough to attend the game. You sounded amazing on the tv and did the club proud.

Best game I've ever been to, absolute scenes. Poor start but came back well to 2-1 at half time, and after Vardy won a penalty (looked like a foul in the build up to me, haven't seen it back yet), we were unstoppable, both on the pitch and in the stands. Incredible last half hour, what a game! Speechless.

WE'RE LEICESTER CITY, WE'RE TAKING THE PISS

What an incredible day, never been to a game like it in terms of atmosphere, comebacks, the lot. The last 30 minutes was unbelievable.

For an hour we looked like we'd struggle, going forward they were cutting us open and Man United usually know how to see games out. Brilliant goal from Di Maria but, as usual, we come back straight away with wonderful work by Vardy and another beauty of a header from Leo. The third goal seemed to kill us off and I expected them to cruise to a win.

But no, we kept going and got back with a soft penalty which I didn't think was, Vardy played for the contact. Nugent put it away and the belief came back, before Cambiasso's goal and a ground eruption. Hadn't heard noise like it and we were in the ascendency. We managed to keep the ball better and got forward relentlessly, which allowed Vardy to race through and coolly slot us into the lead.

Then the second penalty, this time no doubt, Leo tucked it away and we'd completed an amazing turnaround. And maybe could've had more if Schlupp had played King in for a tap-in.

Best match I've been to, without doubt. We've sat through a lot of miserable afternoons in the last 10 years so we should revel in this result. What a team.

Now, I do accept that it could easily have been a free kick the other way for Vardy's challenge (the shoulder barge rule is pretty vague, it was his shoulder and they were both in equal distance from the ball, but very surprised it wasn't given) but it was right in front of me and playing for it or not, Rafael clumsily pushed into the back of him and knocked him over. Vardy is entitled to get his body in the way.

United are like someone going to the gym to lose weight and jumping straight on the bench press, Van Gaal hasn't done the hard work needed to build a world class team, he's just gone straight for big money buys to try and drag his team back into the reckoning... facts are that their defence is pathetic, first half was strange, United took the lead without really being that much better, and then second half we really took the game to them and with passion, pace and ability completed the comebacks of all comebacks. 

As for the decisions United can have no complaints, Rafael's attempt at defending that Vardy 'push' was simply awful, you can't just stand there ready to shield the ball when Vardy still has all of 5 yards to run, and then dramatically fall to the floor like Dame Judy Dench, and expect a free kick, he has to be much stronger there he wasn't and as a result forced the ref into a decision. On the whole we thoroughly deserved that win, and they deserved to get spanked.

Van Gaal has just spaffed £100 odd million down the drain, Rojo is simply abysmal, and Falcao has lost that extra yard of pace he had and was crap today, complete waste of a loan. 

We were superb today, took the game to them and they couldn't handle it. So proud of the boys, one of the best days of football i've ever been part of. 

Now, I do accept that it could easily have been a free kick the other way for Vardy's challenge (the shoulder barge rule is pretty vague, it was his shoulder and they were both in equal distance from the ball, but very surprised it wasn't given) but it was right in front of me and playing for it or not, Rafael clumsily pushed into the back of him and knocked him over. Vardy is entitled to get his body in the way.

I don't think Vardy's challenge on Rafael was a foul, just thought, from my view, that he looked for the contact in the box and went down under it. It was soft, and if I'm honest had that been the other way round I wouldn't be happy to see it given.

Their defence is pretty poor, no doubt about that. I don't rate any of their back four.

Having said that, there shouldn't have been that much focus on that today. The first thing Sky think of when we score is 'what did Man U do wrong there'. As is the case when the top 5 clubs play anyone below them.

The quality of our first goal was top notch yet Sky were highlighting a) the fact it was a poor goal to concede and b) the ball may have been out of play (fvck was it).

I just think the quality of our attacking display today, especially in the last half hour, should not be underestimated. The way I see it is, Man U didn't just 'throw it away'. We simply began playing to our maximum at a certain point in the game, and United just couldn't handle it. When we're in the groove we look a superb side.

Archived