Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Leicester City v Manchester United post match thread 5 - 3

It's obviously a lot different to the Championship.  We aren't dominating possession like we were in The Championship and teams in the Prem are not parking the bus, which means we are getting more space in the final third and playing more counter-attacking.    This is suiting us at the minute and I'm delighted.

"at 3-1 we gave the game away... Leicester didn't win, we gave it away"  or words to that effect

To be fair, he was a bit more complimentary to us than that:

""I think the spectators have seen a fantastic spectacle today and we started well and scored fantastic goals. In second half, we scored another goal but you have to win the game and we didn't do that. We didn't keep ball possession in the right way.

"We have too many players who want to seek for the goal. Leicester have already showed against Arsenal and Stoke that they can come back and they did it very well.

"For the first penalty it is always the referee [who you talk about] but you don't have to do that as a player. You know you are in the penalty area and you allow the referee to whistle if you make a challenge, I don't know if it is a penalty but we have to look at ourselves because we made such big errors as a team.

"I cannot say that I am happy. In the world of football, these matches happen. I was a coach at Barcelona in my first year and we were 3-0 ahead, with 15 minutes to play and we lost 3-4. It can happen, it is the world of football but it is not good because we have the game in our pocket and gave it away. Not because of Leicester, we gave it away and I don't like that.

"You cannot say the defence was weak. You play like a team, Leicester showed that, we did not play like a team in the second half and that is not only defence. In a defensive situation the whole team is responsible, not just one defender."

Seems a reasonable summary, considering he must have been shell-shocked.

Wow, speechless.

Amazing, I thought at 2-0 we could still get a draw at 3-1 I thought it was all over, how I was wrong, never doubt those lads!

I don't really know what to say, i'm stunned!

Man Utd were good until the last 30 then they just seemed to collapse and fall apart.

How we have played so far, the points we've got so far is a statement but I just hope we go to Palace and win. I wary of the next two, two games we should win, given our form, given who we've played but will we? Feel like i'm discounting today abit, i'm not far from it, enjoy now, enjoy it lots but feet on ground and keep focused!!

**** feet on the ground. Things like this never happen, lets get carried away.

Completely in shock!

At 3-1 I felt it was game over but the character we showed today was incredible. Probably the best game I've ever been to.

Vardy, Cambiasso and Drinkwater were immense today. Ulloa is the man and Moore has easily made the step up. 

Think De Laet had a shocker for most of the 1st half but 2nd he really dug in and looked a massive threat going forward 

Wonderful day to be a leicester fan

Cut my leg celebrating Cambiasso's goal. Scenes . You can spend £150 on players but if you play Blackett and Smalling at the back you're gonna concede goals

Felt a bit sorry for Blackett, thought he looked decent in the main, one mistake first half and probably fouled in build up to red card (though could have been stronger) but left exposed numerous times by Rojo who looked shocking, Smalling also poor, not fit to lace Liam Moore's boots!!!

Archived