Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

36 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-68138340

Interesting, they must have been pi**ing about as it looks like they're all from or going to the same place.

Funny you say that. I've just mentioned to someone else that those vehicles are usually driven by cnts who have no regard to the highway code and other road users.

• Like 1

Temporary lights in Baslow (Chatsworth, for those not familiar). You wait patiently for your green light and hope as many get through as is legally viable. But a charity driver at the green light sees a lorry wanting to turn left into the oncoming road, so rather than just carry on and wait for the lights to go red so the lorry can pull out easily, they decide to let them out now, meaning that whilst saving this one lorry a few seconds, they massively piss off the long queue of cars behind them wanting to get through the lights.

I was lucky, I still got through but it will have considerably lengthened others' days and also the queue back to the roundabout.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, adam1 said:

The M1 closed again. Can we just sack it off, get rid of it? It causes more of a nuisance then anything.:dunno:

Took me 1 hour and 20 minutes to get from Markfield to Barrow on Soar, that included 48 minutes to get across the crossroads near Beacon Hill (yes i did time it) Just shows the chaos just 1 road being closed causes around the local area.

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

Temporary lights in Baslow (Chatsworth, for those not familiar). You wait patiently for your green light and hope as many get through as is legally viable. But a charity driver at the green light sees a lorry wanting to turn left into the oncoming road, so rather than just carry on and wait for the lights to go red so the lorry can pull out easily, they decide to let them out now, meaning that whilst saving this one lorry a few seconds, they massively piss off the long queue of cars behind them wanting to get through the lights.

I was lucky, I still got through but it will have considerably lengthened others' days and also the queue back to the roundabout.

Don't get me started on matters like these.:mad:

See also those who are very slow, leave a very large gap and then slow down approaching the lights because they expect them to change. Then they emergency brake when they are at the stop point when the amber light comes on.

3 hours ago, adam1 said:

Don't get me started on matters like these.:mad:

See also those who are very slow, leave a very large gap and then slow down approaching the lights because they expect them to change. Then they emergency brake when they are at the stop point when the amber light comes on.

I’ve this incredible habit of getting stuck by them such drivers on empty roads at night. The ones who seem to want to stop at every red light possible and start to ease off a good hundred yards before the lights, worrying they might go amber, instead of slightly increasing their speed to get through before they actually do go amber.  

5 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Not quite the same but something I find highly frustrating:

Coming out of Barrow along Bridge Street, there at lights at the Bridge itself. They’re sensor-operated, so if there’s someone at the caravan site turning right and anyone lets them out just as the lights go green, you risk about two cars going through then the lights turn red again. Which then backs the traffic up to the roundabout and worsens the jam.

Grr.

26 minutes ago, OwnGoal said:

I’ve this incredible habit of getting stuck by them such drivers on empty roads at night. The ones who seem to want to stop at every red light possible and start to ease off a good hundred yards before the lights, worrying they might go amber, instead of slightly increasing their speed to get through before they actually do go amber.  

Pissed up no doubt.

Traffic lights at crossroads/junctions who automatically all turn red when there's no traffic. 

I can be approaching from a distance only for the lights in front of me to go from green to red before I get to them. So I pull up, expecting traffic to come from the other direction but no.... 10s later they turn green again. 

Winds me up no end. Just leave the lights on the main busier road on green unless there's cars pulled up waiting the other way. Makes me wonder which pen pushing idiot comes up with these systems?

• Like 1

On 25/01/2024 at 23:34, FoyleFox said:

Not an annoyance, just a mystery. Yesterday on the M1 between Markfield and Toddington,  we were passed by at least 10 unmarked police cars over the journey, blues and twos on. Flew past and then disappeared. No one pulled over, no accidents, nothing. Its really not like Police Interceptors in real life. 

Police driver training, probably.

They do this for pursuit training.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, lcfc278 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-68138340

Interesting, they must have been pi**ing about as it looks like they're all from or going to the same place.

I've seen plonkers like this from the same company trying to goad each other into overtaking and then accelerating to "race" the next truck.

Serves the twats right. I hope they get disciplined.

8 hours ago, adam1 said:

Funny you say that. I've just mentioned to someone else that those vehicles are usually driven by cnts who have no regard to the highway code and other road users.

IME the drivers of these vehicles aren't HGV class 1 (mostly skilled drivers, I'd like to think), but tipper trained knuckle draggers.. 

Mostly imbeciles that are bored with driving shit and mud around.

Edited by Parafox

2 hours ago, The Bear said:

Traffic lights at crossroads/junctions who automatically all turn red when there's no traffic. 

I can be approaching from a distance only for the lights in front of me to go from green to red before I get to them. So I pull up, expecting traffic to come from the other direction but no.... 10s later they turn green again. 

Winds me up no end. Just leave the lights on the main busier road on green unless there's cars pulled up waiting the other way. Makes me wonder which pen pushing idiot comes up with these systems?

AI. It's the future.

8 hours ago, NAKC20 said:

Took me 1 hour and 20 minutes to get from Markfield to Barrow on Soar, that included 48 minutes to get across the crossroads near Beacon Hill (yes i did time it) Just shows the chaos just 1 road being closed causes around the local area.

I was stuck at that junction going the opposite way. Barrow to Coalville.  Arrived at 750am, crossed over it at 830am.....

So frustrating. 

Usual dick on the A509. Bumbling along at 40mph, I go to safely overtake and the twat wakes up and decides he needs to go a little faster. 

Why do they do this?

Luckily the hybrid Mini leaves them looking like the tosspots they are. 

3 minutes ago, Fox1970 said:

Usual dick on the A509. Bumbling along at 40mph, I go to safely overtake and the twat wakes up and decides he needs to go a little faster. 

Why do they do this?

Luckily the hybrid Mini leaves them looking like the tosspots they are. 

A real pet hate of mine. Had a bloke dawdling along the A47 yesterday on way out to Uppingham. We reach a crawler lane and he increases his speed massively.  The five or six of us following him for the past few miles then struggle to get past in time. 

A46 joining the M1 at J21a.

Those who use the junction for Glenfield/Kirby to beat the queue on the 46 where it merges with the M1.

1) The two lanes at the junction, the left lane is left only and the right hand lane is left and straight over (to rejoin the 46/m1 - the lane the shortcutters want).

Cars in the left lane going straightover and causing incidents with those who are legitimately turning left from the right lane (I have had several near misses)

2) If you are past the exit, queue. Don't just drive over the hatched lines and think you can pull out infront of traffic on the exit ramp (me emergency braking to a stop from 50mph this morning to prevent an accident).

17 hours ago, Milo said:

3 hours for a 13 mile journey. 

Set off at 4.30 and just got back :mad: :mad: :mad:

Ah but that's London/greater London for you. It once took me two and a half hours to drive from Ealing to Brixton.

On 30/01/2024 at 16:57, The Bear said:

The lights outside the KP get me every bloody time. They turn red as I approach them, I stop, yet hardly ever is a car pulling out from the stadium.

• 2 weeks later...

Utter moron two cars in front of me, decided being an arsehole was a priority when the car in between us (quite rightly) honked at them for failing to pay attention. Proceeded to crawl across the junction and up a hill sub 20mph, but of course accelerated once I'd had enough and overtook. 

Of course, this was my fault, so he raised his beam at me once I'd successfully passed. 

Had a weird one the other day, some geezer was turning right on a roundabout whilst in the left lane, and proceeding to undertake me. I clocked on what was happening so I didn't turn off and inevitably crash into him so I went with him and went all the way round the roundabout. 

The weird thing is, is because I had to take evasive action to not crash into him, I got an egg chucked at my passenger window lol