Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

On 12/02/2024 at 22:17, Ian Nacho said:

Had a weird one the other day, some geezer was turning right on a roundabout whilst in the left lane, and proceeding to undertake me. I clocked on what was happening so I didn't turn off and inevitably crash into him so I went with him and went all the way round the roundabout. 

The weird thing is, is because I had to take evasive action to not crash into him, I got an egg chucked at my passenger window lol

3 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

I need more context lol

Yeah, was it an egg egg, a creme egg, a barkers egg or something else ? 

21 hours ago, tom27111 said:

I need more context lol

21 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Yeah, was it an egg egg, a creme egg, a barkers egg or something else ? 

There's literally no more context to give. An egg egg was just chucked at me car whilst going round a roundabout lol

23 hours ago, tom27111 said:

The weird thing is, is because I had to take evasive action to not crash into him, I got an egg chucked at my passenger window lol

Seems obvious to me. Clearly someone practicing for Shrove Tuesday.

• 1 month later...

Driving up from the SE today and the gantry cameras were having a field day on the M25 and M1.  6 flashes on the opposite camera on the way back, two of those in the 50 limit zones but the others with no visible restrictions on the gantries.  

Any ideas what minimum speed triggers them when no restrictions in place?

Was amusing seeing the flashes on a regular basis on the way home lol

3 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Driving up from the SE today and the gantry cameras were having a field day on the M25 and M1.  6 flashes on the opposite camera on the way back, two of those in the 50 limit zones but the others with no visible restrictions on the gantries.  

Really wouldn’t want to risk going under a speed camera mounted gantry doing over 70 these days.

One thing I’ve noticed is when there is a red X indicating a blocked lane.Camera flashes anybody who doesn’t change lane.The road is moving slowly.Plenty of time to change lane.The cameras clearly going off every five seconds Yet drivers continue to stay in the red X lane and get flashed.

7 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I regularly drive on motorways and 75 (actual) does not trigger them. 

I drove back from the south coast late on Friday, could not believe how many zombies were sat in lanes 2 & 3 on an otherwise virtually empty M25. 

I think the gantry cameras work by having cameras feeding the sign on the matrix into the system.

So if you keep an eye out for these you will know theres a camera (especially where visibility is blocked due to a lorry or where the gantry only has one pillar support - the pillar is thicker and so the camera sits behind the pillar).

Heres an example by east mids airport. 

Screenshot_20240402_181153_Maps.jpg

The old boy leaving the M69 to join the M1 NB travelling at 40mph. 

He moved into lane 2 on the M1 shortly after joining. He remained at 40mph in lane 2 and I had to undertake as I was leaving at 21A. I was then stuck behind a truck but I could the old bloke in my mirrors and he was causing quite a tailback behind him as other drivers had to slow down to find a gap to overtake. I then saw him, as he was about to pass 21A, move back into the exit lane between 2 trucks and exit onto the A46.

Dangerously unaware.

• 2 weeks later...

Temporary traffic lights at T junctions or crossroads. You can be sat there for a good few minutes waiting for the traffic to come from the other directions until the lights change to green. Why is it people still then stop at the give way and make sure the junction is clear!!! You have been sat there long enough to realise what the lights are there for

• Haha 1