Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

nobhead in a focus under taking me at about 60mph on the A6 in Birstall. Nearly ploughs into the car in front, swerves back into the outside and nearly takes me out. Pulled next to him at the traffic lights and there was 2 kids in the back with balaclavas on ,and the kid driving didn't look old enough to be driving. Guessing the car was stolen. 

Lorries

Something really wrong when motorways in particular are ridiculously congested and we have freight going up on down the country when trains or someway of linking the lorries on the motorway would be a solution.

Sadly most motorway crashes involve the line 'and a lorry' and you don't have much chance.

At best they should only be allowed on the inside lane, increase the size to compensate this.

Fines for side by side with the overtaking lorry doing .000005 of a mile faster over 30 miles

1) A46 Binley Wood roundabout.

After queuing 10minutes to go from the previous roundabout (heading from the M69) I was gob smacked to discover the lane to my left was empty.This was because some twat in a 4x4 was clutch rolling it some 300 yards behind me with a queue of traffic one mile long behind him. There was 150 yards empty in front of me to the lights. The lights soon turned green. And they stay green for a long while. He didn't get through. Absolute bell end - everyone behind him missed a full sequence of lights.

Same roundabout but in the evening coming in the opposite direction. Twat in a jag blocking two of the 3 a46 straight over lanes (he was going across from the business park). The following day one random car had blocked the left of the three straight ahead lanes in a similar fashion. This mean that those cars had to go around the back of them which resulted in two lines of cars swerving round the jeb end at speed as they raced through the lights.

2) M69. Get the f### out of the fast lane if you are only doing 70 and don't look pissed off when me and several others flash you.

3) M69. Get the f### out of the middle lane if the left lane is empty.

:nigel:

17 hours ago, Ozwin said:

The absolute state of the M1 southbound from Derby to Leicester. Somewhere in between it is potholed to ****. Being stuck on it doing 50 in that bloody roadwork area is a nightmare. 

I genuinely reckon most of us will be long gone before drivers can travel from Sheffield-London/London-Sheffield without a set of carriageworks or 50mph restriction. It never ends.

11 hours ago, adam1 said:

1) A46 Binley Wood roundabout.

After queuing 10minutes to go from the previous roundabout (heading from the M69) I was gob smacked to discover the lane to my left was empty.This was because some twat in a 4x4 was clutch rolling it some 300 yards behind me with a queue of traffic one mile long behind him. There was 150 yards empty in front of me to the lights. The lights soon turned green. And they stay green for a long while. He didn't get through. Absolute bell end - everyone behind him missed a full sequence of lights.

Same roundabout but in the evening coming in the opposite direction. Twat in a jag blocking two of the 3 a46 straight over lanes (he was going across from the business park). The following day one random car had blocked the left of the three straight ahead lanes in a similar fashion. This mean that those cars had to go around the back of them which resulted in two lines of cars swerving round the jeb end at speed as they raced through the lights.

2) M69. Get the f### out of the fast lane if you are only doing 70 and don't look pissed off when me and several others flash you.

3) M69. Get the f### out of the middle lane if the left lane is empty.

:nigel:

2) You think the law doesn’t apply to you?

• Like 1

Walking to work today and some twat on a moped decided to pull off from some lights as soon as they went amber, and actually swerved to try and hit me because I hadn't finished crossing the road, he practically mounted the pavement to do it as well

Can't for the life of me understand why people would do that

Muppet in a Fiesta on the outer ring road near Beaumont Leys this morning. So desperate to get that extra cars length they cut in between a hearse and a funeral car at a traffic merge coming off a roundabout. 

What is wrong with some people??

6 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

I genuinely reckon most of us will be long gone before drivers can travel from Sheffield-London/London-Sheffield without a set of carriageworks or 50mph restriction. It never ends.

i'm so glad J13 to J21 is nearly free of this 50mph restriction :D 

3 hours ago, Livid said:

Muppet in a Fiesta on the outer ring road near Beaumont Leys this morning. So desperate to get that extra cars length they cut in between a hearse and a funeral car at a traffic merge coming off a roundabout. 

Are you sure it wasn't a yellow Fiat Cinquecento?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Livid said:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Where is this "fast lane" and how fast do you have to be driving to use it?

Slow lane is the inside lane. Used for when you are eating sausage and bacon rolls from greggs whilst drinking a mocha at the same time.

Middle lane is the middle lane. Used for aggressively flashing ignorant c###s who sit in it.

Fast lane is the outside lane. Used for a steady 80 or a bit quicker depending on a number of factors which I can't be bothered with here.

Random fact I once went over 1 mile on the M69 in the middle lane at 70mph overtaking and undertaking a line of traffic in both the inside and outisde lane. Afterwards I indicated into the inside lane as the road was now empty ahead. I passed at least seven cars either side. Highways code states it is acceptable to undertake in congestion. I define that as being congested...

2 hours ago, adam1 said:

Slow lane is the inside lane. Used for when you are eating sausage and bacon rolls from greggs whilst drinking a mocha at the same time.

Middle lane is the middle lane. Used for aggressively flashing ignorant c###s who sit in it.

Fast lane is the outside lane. Used for a steady 80 or a bit quicker depending on a number of factors which I can't be bothered with here.

Random fact I once went over 1 mile on the M69 in the middle lane at 70mph overtaking and undertaking a line of traffic in both the inside and outisde lane. Afterwards I indicated into the inside lane as the road was now empty ahead. I passed at least seven cars either side. Highways code states it is acceptable to undertake in congestion. I define that as being congested...

Nothing wrong with a good undertake, sometimes the twats on the road make it necessary.  Flashing a guy who is overtaking while travelling at the posted limit is a twat move though. 

There is no "fast lane" only lanes 1, 2, 3 and sometimes 4.  The highway code states you must travel in the most leftwards lane if traffic allows, using lanes 2 and 3 for overtaking.  You may have decided it's perfectly acceptable to travel 80-100 if traffic permits and the people you talk to may have reinforced that view but it's still outside the bounds of legal road use so there's no room for complaint if a person 'restricts' you to the maximum legal speed while they pass other vehicles using the right-most overtaking lane.

Oh and don't get me wrong I fully empathise with the notion that some laws aren't common sense so it's ok to bend them a bit or even break them.  Still, if somebody isn't breaking them and that means you can't either then there's no reasonable complaint to make.

Edited by Carl the Llama
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, adam1 said:

Undertaking is a manoeuvre whereby you move to the left in order to pass a vehicle before moving back to the right. If you're going at a steady speed in one lane and there is slower moving traffic to your right then it is not undertaking - it's passing on the left.

• Like 1

My flat has a shared parking section - five spaces for six properties: I got home from work today and took the last one. Walked back from the pub and some jebend has decided to park end to end with me, completely blocking me in the space, as well as the one to my left (No way round before hitting a building). What sort of **** parks that way?

Getting out tomorrow morning will be fun :dry:

9 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Nothing wrong with a good undertake, sometimes the twats on the road make it necessary.  Flashing a guy who is overtaking while travelling at the posted limit is a twat move though. 

There is no "fast lane" only lanes 1, 2, 3 and sometimes 4.  The highway code states you must travel in the most leftwards lane if traffic allows, using lanes 2 and 3 for overtaking.  You may have decided it's perfectly acceptable to travel 80-100 if traffic permits and the people you talk to may have reinforced that view but it's still outside the bounds of legal road use so there's no room for complaint if a person 'restricts' you to the maximum legal speed while they pass other vehicles using the right-most overtaking lane.

Oh and don't get me wrong I fully empathise with the notion that some laws aren't common sense so it's ok to bend them a bit or even break them.  Still, if somebody isn't breaking them and that means you can't either then there's no reasonable complaint to make.

Spot on, I’m partial to the odd undertaking, if people are making incorrect lane choices I’m not messing about. I do however make a concerted effort to not speed and if I am in the correct lane and have someone aggressively attempting to harass me into submission of the furthest overtaking lane, simply because they wish too travel much faster, then I might feel a bit of stubborness sink in. I would always move over if not overtaking except in circumstances of someone being an unnecessary c**t behind.

8 hours ago, The Doctor said:

My flat has a shared parking section - five spaces for six properties: I got home from work today and took the last one. Walked back from the pub and some jebend has decided to park end to end with me, completely blocking me in the space, as well as the one to my left (No way round before hitting a building). What sort of **** parks that way?

Getting out tomorrow morning will be fun :dry:

Oops - sorry about that.