Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcnsk

City table £7.9m bid for Croatian striker Kramaric

Cheers, being a Rijeka supporter I stumbled on your forum after Kramaric got an offer from you. What I've read you, more or less, have the same info as we do. The offer of 10 000 000€ (£7 9 000 000) has been made, but we still haven't confirmed (or rejected) it.

A bit about the guy. He signed for us last season after spending his entre career with Dinamo Zagreb and their farm team Lokomotiva (we're the only country which has a club that has a farm team playing the same division facepalm2.gif). He's had a brutal scoring record in Dinamo's youth squads (500+ goals in all age groups), but was never given a proper chance at senior level (he played for them for two and a half seasons scoring 11 goals in 52 games). They loaned him to their farm club Lokomotiva where he was the league's second top scorer with 15 goals in 32 games. In Dinamo and in Lokomotiva he's mostly been played as a center forward, but after moving to our club our manager started using him not only as a CF, but as a second striker as well (he played at this position for the national squad as well). In his first season with us he scored 18 in 28 games  (and was, again, the division's second top scorer) and this season so far he's scored 21 in 17 (the last three games he's been in a dry spell). Usually he's only the second choice penalty taker for us. Out of 39 league golas he's scored for us only four came from the spot.

Apart from the scoring ability he also likes to pull back a little and come to the box from the rear. This could be interesting for you as in that way he isn't in a constant struggle with the center backs (the fact is that it's a different story playng against Terry in comparison to the CBs in our league). He's got a good shot from out side of the area. Prior to his spell at Rijeka he was mosly compared to Eduardo (played for Arsenal) as he was mostly a fox in the box type of player, but in the last season and a half he's grown as a player and can be used equally well in a box or as a second striker/false 9 type of player.

Our league isn't the best one around, but there are a number of clubs which aren't that bad, Dinamo, Hajduk or my club, Rijeka. Unfortunately, out of the 10 clubs in the top flight half of them are rubbish. We, for exampe, could play EPL no problem. We've been playing grupe stage Europe League for last two season (put up a strong challange againt Lyon, Feyenoord, Seville..., kicked Stuttgart out in the knock out stages) and are still within a chance to qualify for the next round (we do need to win in Seville on Thursday, but we're still up there). The EL is where Kramaric has shown that he's got what it takes to play in a stronger league then ours. Currently he's the second top scorer of the EL with 5 goal in as many games. He's a member of the national squad since this autumn and has scored 2 goals in 4 matches.

So, why the rush to sell him? Well, there isn't one. The club is well off financially (recently we were taken over by an Italian oil company with a local businessman high in the ranks of the company as our chairman) Of course, if a right offer came we'll sell. We, as a I said, as club are well of on the financial side but compared with clubs from Europe we cannot compete. Kramaric here has a yearly salary of max. 150 000€ and you can offer him 10 time the amount. The maths is pretty simple. Of course, there is also an opportunity for the player to play a stronger league. But, the fact that we do not need to sell means that we can wait for an offer which will satisfy us and the player (here your clubs shares don't fare too well).

Concerning the release clasuse, there isn't one. The whole story about the 2 000 000€ release clause was made up by a local tabloid journalist and picked up by the rest. It was refuted by our club on a number of occasions. His contract with us is until the summer od 2015. but we, as a club, have an option of an automatic two year extention. It's a clause which we will trigger if Kramaric is not sold until the end of the year. There is no option to get him cheaper as there is no chance that he'll be a free agent and there is no hurry ti sell him. 

So far, your club was the only one that gave us an offer that meets our demands, but we have not accepted (or rejected) it. If we accept it then it's all up to the player and his father who is his agent. Here you don't stand well as his father's been talking to Chelsea and Juventus (Juventus have offered us 8 000 000€ which we rejected even though we've got excellent relations with them) and his wish is for his kid to go to a club of a greater stature. That is a two bladed knife as in both of these clubs (if they, in fact offer us 10 000 000€) Kramaric will have a much stronger competiton for a place in the team. My opinion is that you don't really stand a great chance of signing him and your offer came great for us to be in a stronger bargaining position.

If you mange to sign him this would be a good job for you. Balaban (a product of my clubs youth system) isn't the best comparison. Better would be Eduardo, Olic or Mandzukic. Especially Mandzukic as Kramaric has a few simmilarities to him.

First of all, a club in your position would, in a short run, benefit more from an experienced Premier League player. Kramaric would be a solid signing for you, a signing on which you could cash on in a couple of years, but regarding the fact that he would need a period to acclimatise to the Premiership it a question if he would deliver right away. Kramaric and an experienced CF, preferably a strong target man. Well, that would be a great job for you.

Cheers, being a Rijeka supporter I stumbled on your forum after Kramaric got an offer from you. What I've read you, more or less, have the same info as we do. The offer of 10 000 000€ (£7 9 000 000) has been made, but we still haven't confirmed (or rejected) it.

A bit about the guy. He signed for us last season after spending his entre career with Dinamo Zagreb and their farm team Lokomotiva (we're the only country which has a club that has a farm team playing the same division facepalm2.gif). He's had a brutal scoring record in Dinamo's youth squads (500+ goals in all age groups), but was never given a proper chance at senior level (he played for them for two and a half seasons scoring 11 goals in 52 games). They loaned him to their farm club Lokomotiva where he was the league's second top scorer with 15 goals in 32 games. In Dinamo and in Lokomotiva he's mostly been played as a center forward, but after moving to our club our manager started using him not only as a CF, but as a second striker as well (he played at this position for the national squad as well). In his first season with us he scored 18 in 28 games  (and was, again, the division's second top scorer) and this season so far he's scored 21 in 17 (the last three games he's been in a dry spell). Usually he's only the second choice penalty taker for us. Out of 39 league golas he's scored for us only four came from the spot.

Apart from the scoring ability he also likes to pull back a little and come to the box from the rear. This could be interesting for you as in that way he isn't in a constant struggle with the center backs (the fact is that it's a different story playng against Terry in comparison to the CBs in our league). He's got a good shot from out side of the area. Prior to his spell at Rijeka he was mosly compared to Eduardo (played for Arsenal) as he was mostly a fox in the box type of player, but in the last season and a half he's grown as a player and can be used equally well in a box or as a second striker/false 9 type of player.

Our league isn't the best one around, but there are a number of clubs which aren't that bad, Dinamo, Hajduk or my club, Rijeka. Unfortunately, out of the 10 clubs in the top flight half of them are rubbish. We, for exampe, could play EPL no problem. We've been playing grupe stage Europe League for last two season (put up a strong challange againt Lyon, Feyenoord, Seville..., kicked Stuttgart out in the knock out stages) and are still within a chance to qualify for the next round (we do need to win in Seville on Thursday, but we're still up there). The EL is where Kramaric has shown that he's got what it takes to play in a stronger league then ours. Currently he's the second top scorer of the EL with 5 goal in as many games. He's a member of the national squad since this autumn and has scored 2 goals in 4 matches.

So, why the rush to sell him? Well, there isn't one. The club is well off financially (recently we were taken over by an Italian oil company with a local businessman high in the ranks of the company as our chairman) Of course, if a right offer came we'll sell. We, as a I said, as club are well of on the financial side but compared with clubs from Europe we cannot compete. Kramaric here has a yearly salary of max. 150 000€ and you can offer him 10 time the amount. The maths is pretty simple. Of course, there is also an opportunity for the player to play a stronger league. But, the fact that we do not need to sell means that we can wait for an offer which will satisfy us and the player (here your clubs shares don't fare too well).

Concerning the release clasuse, there isn't one. The whole story about the 2 000 000€ release clause was made up by a local tabloid journalist and picked up by the rest. It was refuted by our club on a number of occasions. His contract with us is until the summer od 2015. but we, as a club, have an option of an automatic two year extention. It's a clause which we will trigger if Kramaric is not sold until the end of the year. There is no option to get him cheaper as there is no chance that he'll be a free agent and there is no hurry ti sell him. 

So far, your club was the only one that gave us an offer that meets our demands, but we have not accepted (or rejected) it. If we accept it then it's all up to the player and his father who is his agent. Here you don't stand well as his father's been talking to Chelsea and Juventus (Juventus have offered us 8 000 000€ which we rejected even though we've got excellent relations with them) and his wish is for his kid to go to a club of a greater stature. That is a two bladed knife as in both of these clubs (if they, in fact offer us 10 000 000€) Kramaric will have a much stronger competiton for a place in the team. My opinion is that you don't really stand a great chance of signing him and your offer came great for us to be in a stronger bargaining position.

If you mange to sign him this would be a good job for you. Balaban (a product of my clubs youth system) isn't the best comparison. Better would be Eduardo, Olic or Mandzukic. Especially Mandzukic as Kramaric has a few simmilarities to him.

First of all, a club in your position would, in a short run, benefit more from an experienced Premier League player. Kramaric would be a solid signing for you, a signing on which you could cash on in a couple of years, but regarding the fact that he would need a period to acclimatise to the Premiership it a question if he would deliver right away. Kramaric and an experienced CF, preferably a strong target man. Well, that would be a great job for you.

Thanks for the info.....But what's a farm club? 

Surely offering him first team football would swap his mind. 

Well, as I said, his father is his agent and he's a tough negotiator. As well, the guy (the father) has his mind set on a bigger name, maybe not Chelsea (they are fully aware that he would most probably be loaned out), but a stable mid-table team and the main problem with you guys is that you are at the bottom of the table. That's the main talking point about this transfer. Does he want to go to a club which is facing relegation? The pressure would be a bit higher then in some other clubs.

I think the key point here is that one of the best players in Croatia is on 150,000 euros a year. Players like this have to be the way forward for a Club likes ours if we can get them given our ability to offer far greater wages

His father is asking for around 2 000 000€ per year (that's the number that our papers are putting out), and that's the salary he'll get anywhere he goes, but more important is what I said above. Does he want to go to a side that is battling relegation? His father isn't too keen on this option. On the other side, your offer is the only one that meets our demands. As far as i know it all depends what his father's going to say. Or what he's go up his sleeve.

I personaly doing really care where he goes as long as we get the best deal. My opinion, as far as I've seen your side, is that he would do a good job for you, but only with a more experienced striker paired up with him.

Feel free to stick around and educate some of our supporters on how to speak English and the correct use of gramma.

( Including me!)

http://news-futbol.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/no-rechazemos-la-oferta-del-leicester-city-por-kramaric.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I said is not correct . We have not rejected an offer from Leicester City. The transfer is still possible, everything is open. And we're talking with other clubs, "said sports director of Rijeka, Ivan Mance on the sale of Andrej Kramaric, player who seeks the Leicester City and other equipment.

Archived