Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content
cjslcfc

Bye Bye Ni.......... Terry Robinson?

Recommended Posts

Posted

All I know is that there were very few complaints about our recruitment before TRs appointment and since then its been questionable. Not saying its all down to him but he has to carry the can.

He was a strange appointment in the first place to be honest. Firstly because we were doing just fine without him and secondly because he's got a track record of being a bit of a bell end wherever he's been. The Thais don't get much wrong but taking advice from a massive twat like Dave Richards was a mistake.

Posted

Strange scenario the whole thing, don't think we'll ever know the full story.

What I find peculiar is the appointment of John Rudkin. He's a good bloke but for what we seem to be told about these roles financial responsibilities and contacts are important.

Would he really have that given his previous roles?

Posted

Strange scenario the whole thing, don't think we'll ever know the full story.

What I find peculiar is the appointment of John Rudkin. He's a good bloke but for what we seem to be told about these roles financial responsibilities and contacts are important.

Would he really have that given his previous roles?

Pearson puppet mate.

Posted

Pearson puppet mate.

That would be ideal, whoever is in that role should be subservient to the manager if what he asks for is fiscally possible.

Posted

Pearson puppet mate.

Wow, that takes some planning given the fact Jon Rudkin has been with the club for close to 20 years.

 

Pearson must've known as early as the late 90ies that he needed to get rid of Terry Robinson in December 2014.

Posted

Maybe cambiasso told the owners etc how long he stretched things out when he was signing here lol

 

haha - and also nothing to do with Cambiasso's brother getting involved and delaying matters  ;)

Posted

Strange scenario the whole thing, don't think we'll ever know the full story.

What I find peculiar is the appointment of John Rudkin. He's a good bloke but for what we seem to be told about these roles financial responsibilities and contacts are important.

Would he really have that given his previous roles?

 

I thought the same thing. Seems very much the cheap option and sentimental. I don't want to sound too anti-him as he might be great for all I know but it does seem a pretty lazy appointment and one where you think... was Robinson that bad he was worth sacking to give Rudkin the role?

 

Someone on the Facebook page claimed we're going for Trapattoni lol

Posted

I thought the same thing. Seems very much the cheap option and sentimental. I don't want to sound too anti-him as he might be great for all I know but it does seem a pretty lazy appointment and one where you think... was Robinson that bad he was worth sacking to give Rudkin the role?

 

Someone on the Facebook page claimed we're going for Trapattoni lol

 

I try to ignore the facebook page. It's worse than Twitter for ridiculous comments

Posted

I thought the same thing. Seems very much the cheap option and sentimental. I don't want to sound too anti-him as he might be great for all I know but it does seem a pretty lazy appointment and one where you think... was Robinson that bad he was worth sacking to give Rudkin the role?

 

Someone on the Facebook page claimed we're going for Trapattoni lol

Have you thought they just want someone to do the admin side to take pressure off the manager.

Who better Rudkin has been here under numerous managers and none seem to have fallen out with him.

So as long as the figures add up he will do what the manager want's.

 

What more do we want from a DOF.

Unlike Robinson he also knows players and what it takes.

I do not see him going against Nige but as he will talk first he may say attitude is wrong.

And yes I can see Nige listening to him on that one.

Posted

Have you thought they just want someone to do the admin side to take pressure off the manager.

Who better Rudkin has been here under numerous managers and none seem to have fallen out with him.

So as long as the figures add up he will do what the manager want's.

 

What more do we want from a DOF.

Unlike Robinson he also knows players and what it takes.

I do not see him going against Nige but as he will talk first he may say attitude is wrong.

And yes I can see Nige listening to him on that one.

 

The director of football isn't just being an administrator. It's dealing with transfers and being the main man to convince a player to come to Leicester. Like I say, Rudkin might be great at it, but he's the academy director - does this seem like a very progressive move to you or just a cheap option to fill the role?

 

I wouldn't be surprised if it's interim and they do actually go for quite a well known man to do the job.

Posted

I heard a rumour that it wasn't Nige who was after fans favourite Cambiasso? Is that correct?

:whistle:

and to think i said that often enough during the window, to be shouted down and called a twat for mentioning it.lol. I said I thought he was an owners choice. Also said I didnt think nige was at fault for poor summer signings. And now TR sacked. Funny old game!
Posted

and to think i said that often enough during the window, to be shouted down and called a twat for mentioning it.lol. I said I thought he was an owners choice. Also said I didnt think nige was at fault for poor summer signings. And now TR sacked. Funny old game!

Considering the coaching staff have freely admitted we've tracked him for a while, I'm not sure why you now think you are right.

The director of football isn't just being an administrator. It's dealing with transfers and being the main man to convince a player to come to Leicester. Like I say, Rudkin might be great at it, but he's the academy director - does this seem like a very progressive move to you or just a cheap option to fill the role?

I wouldn't be surprised if it's interim and they do actually go for quite a well known man to do the job.

His job to convince players to come? Where do you get this stuff from?

Posted

I'm confused,we have failed FFP,yet are going to sign players in January,how does that work?

IF we have, I would have expected any embargo to only come into effect from the Summer IF we are relegated. I can't otherwise see how the Football League will apply an embargo on a Premier League team.

Posted

If you fail championship FFP and then get promoted as we have done then you get a fine not a transfer embargo.

I'm glad someone has been paying attention!

Posted

Because he's done something to warrant it.

Because we've failed FFP.

Because the January transfer window looked like it was heading the same way as the summer one.

Because Pearson has told the owners we need to sign players and with the same strategy as before it wouldn't happen.

There could be any number of reasons that have nothing to do with it being about replacing Pearson.

Think you will find FFP would have been breached without Terry's involvement. We were in such a bad place after Sven.

Posted

Think you will find FFP would have been breached without Terry's involvement. We were in such a bad place after Sven.

And most of that mess has been cleaned up ever since he left and the consortium rediscovered its sensible approach.

 

We are debt-free and until the numbers are truly out there for everyone to see, it's all speculatin'.

Posted

Think you will find FFP would have been breached without Terry's involvement. We were in such a bad place after Sven.

That may or may not be the case, I'm giving scenarios that could lead to his sacking that have nothing to do with the a manager change.

Posted

The director of football isn't just being an administrator. It's dealing with transfers and being the main man to convince a player to come to Leicester. Like I say, Rudkin might be great at it, but he's the academy director - does this seem like a very progressive move to you or just a cheap option to fill the role?

 

I wouldn't be surprised if it's interim and they do actually go for quite a well known man to do the job.

 

Robinson's last role at Stoke was the same as Rudkin's here. 

Posted

Nigel Pearson has just said that Terry Robinson had no influence or choice in the recruitment of players . He has said that Steve Walsh is head of recruitment/assistant manager . He also said that he was disappointed that terry was sacked , he had no influence in that decision and when they worked together ,they worked well and was happy with Robinsons input . He also said that the comments that Robinson was sacked because of the recruitment at the club being poor and players missed by the club was untrue . He made one reporter look silly by asking where he had heard that ? He said that was speculation. not the truth ! Steve Walsh is the name you need to write in place of where is wrote Terry Robinson in terms of players and their quality and who came/didn't come to LCFC . Robinson had nothing to do with the players not coming or coming to Leicester . If you doubt me please watch the full meeting with press that has just happened . That means Jon Rudkin will not be involved in transfers like quoted by the Leicester mercury, it will be done like previously , by Steve Walsh .

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...