walkerleeds Posted 14 December 2014 Posted 14 December 2014 Only some one as " stupid" and " naive " as you would turn to abuse to try and win your point . Grow up and argue your point without abuse eh ? I wholeheartedly apologise for the tirade of abuse I've hurled towards you during this discussion, I do hope it hasn't affected your evening too much. Anyway, for what it's worth, we will try this again- what's more likely (stupid and/ or naive)- Thinking a professional football club with highly successful and business savvy people running it would offer a 'derisory contract' in order to get rid of a player or that maybe, just maybe, said club did indeed want the services of the player for one year only?
walkerleeds Posted 14 December 2014 Posted 14 December 2014 Hardly abuse though is it ? I feel abused quite frankly
Bamba's Babes Posted 14 December 2014 Posted 14 December 2014 He deserved to get the sack after handing a 4-year-deal to Ritchie De Laet. Jon Rudkin has taken up the post now?
Dan Posted 14 December 2014 Posted 14 December 2014 Bunyip is a serious whopper. Complete and utter stereotypical reactionary.
MC Prussian Posted 14 December 2014 Posted 14 December 2014 Schlupp played in three positions and not competent in one of them. He is also eleven years younger than Dyer, whom most Leicester fans got to know at age 26. He may not be the best thing since sliced bread, but give the lad a break. He's only 21 years old and can still improve. I can't fathom the sight of Lloyd Dyer at LB or as a striker. It would be too much for my sensitive and dear nerves.
Dan Posted 14 December 2014 Posted 14 December 2014 We should've done better than both Dyer and Schlupp. Neither are currently Premier League quality.
MC Prussian Posted 14 December 2014 Posted 14 December 2014 Strange turn of events at Leic, a complete turnaround really given that Robinson was brought in by the owners who were having second thoughts about NP. Seems that Robinson has been made the sacrificial lamb in our current situation. NP appears for now to of got off the hook, but he really has to be made accountable for our poor run of games and his weak tactical knowledge. I really wish some of the truths would come out about NP, common knowledge in football circles but amazingly the fans aren't aware of any of it. Perhaps then we could all say " So thats the true reasons for all this" For me NP should be sacked, pure and simple! Need I say more? No please, I think I speak for the majority on here when I say that your verbal regurgitations are by now known to all of us. As for your "truths about Nigel", maybe you want to write a book about it? You can always use a pseudonym. Like C.K.
johnny the fox Posted 14 December 2014 Posted 14 December 2014 No please, I think I speak for the majority on here when I say that your verbal regurgitations are by now known to all of us. As for your "truths about Nigel", maybe you want to write a book about it? You can always use a pseudonym. Like C.K. Nigel is really an ex female wrestler called Tracy... you can take that to the bank.
MC Prussian Posted 14 December 2014 Posted 14 December 2014 Ok I will answer your question , presuming it was about how did we get so many points last season ? It was a very poor league and we played to our strengths which at that level worked. He stuck to what we did best and did not tinker around with the set up unlike the previous season. Now here is a question for you how come Burnley and Q.P.R are looking down on us if we were so superior last season ? It was i'm afraid a one season wonder and nothing more . He and the team have been found out big time and he hasn't a clue what to do about it , Where we are in the league tells it's own story. We are at the bottom and two teams who allegedly were so inferior to us sit above. does that answer your question ? The Championship isn't a "very poor league" or else we wouldn't have struggled reaching the playoffs or automatic promotion within several years for that matter. It isn't called the best second division in the world for no reason. We fared so well at that level because Pearson learned from his mistakes and formed a side competitive enough and strong enough (especially mentally; after all, fouling out of the playoffs twice should've taught all involved a valuable lesson or two) to push for promotion. It was a "one-season wonder" every Leicester fan had been hoping for for about ten years give or take. Bet you were celebrating last May, too. QPR and Burnley both sit atop us right now, yet we are only that far apart. You may attempt at giving people around you the "big 'un" in that regard once the season has come to full closure. Right now, your negativity and attitude on here trifles with knee-jerk reactions and speculations.
Kitchandro Posted 14 December 2014 Posted 14 December 2014 I think it's a joke if someone other than Nigel is deciding who we sign/don't sign. How many times does it need to be proved that 'directors of football' are a bad idea. Having said all of that, we're not bottom because of what we did in the transfer window, we're bottom because we've been tactically naive and we've not made the most of a decent squad. Pearson is still the manager and he's made some real cock ups.
Mark_from_USA Posted 14 December 2014 Posted 14 December 2014 Here's to you Terry Robinson No good signings so we'll have to let you go, oh woah. Here's to you Terry Robinson Haven't signed a single player who can play, hey, hey hey Hey hey hey
ronnup Posted 14 December 2014 Posted 14 December 2014 I think it's a joke if someone other than Nigel is deciding who we sign/don't sign. How many times does it need to be proved that 'directors of football' are a bad idea. Having said all of that, we're not bottom because of what we did in the transfer window, we're bottom because we've been tactically naive and we've not made the most of a decent squad. Pearson is still the manager and he's made some real cock ups. I think it's more to do with a persons business contacts etc. NP has none. You can employ people that have more and thus more chance of getting the ear or attention of the agents and other directors needed to do business.
ramadaone Posted 14 December 2014 Posted 14 December 2014 He deserved to get the sack after handing a 4-year-deal to Ritchie De Laet. Jon Rudkin has taken up the post now? Correct
UpTheLeagueFox Posted 14 December 2014 Posted 14 December 2014 Bunyip is a serious whopper. Complete and utter stereotypical reactionary. I think he's on the wrong LCFC messageboard
phildw Posted 14 December 2014 Posted 14 December 2014 Jobs for the boys - John Rudkin has been made up to DOF so case solved! Hope he does a better job than Robinson (allegedly).
sylofox Posted 14 December 2014 Posted 14 December 2014 Great news!! The way I see it is this: Top, boys we need to do better, what's going wrong Nige?? NP " we are struggling because we have the core of a competitive team that needs some quality adding to it. Just like I said in the summer boss" Top "so why didn't we get that quality!! Come on Big Nige, that's down to you isn't it!?" NP "I identified 10 of my top priority signings, then 10 from an option b list, and I kept having to supply lists of players because we didn't sign any of them. Because our DOF is saving your money, but costing us our place in the Prem". Top, "thank you Nigel, I've heard enough." "Melissa, could you send Terry into the boardroom now please" Was going to put pretty much the same. Not really hard to work out the most likely reason for him going. Unless Top has a sister and Terry has been messing around.
Guest Col city fan Posted 14 December 2014 Posted 14 December 2014 To my mind, no-one seems to know much.. Again, all speculation and hot air. The only important thing is if Nigel knows his targets and has the backing to get them..assuming he can. That's all that matters really.
Guest bss9401 Posted 14 December 2014 Posted 14 December 2014 So from this, our league position and form we may assume that NP thinks that the players he selects for each match are doing fine, his coaches for goalkeepers, defence, midfield and the forwards all doing fine. Tactical coaches doing fine. NP himself doing fine. The owner's plan working fine. So we are left with whether the opinion was that only TR was not doing fine so is sacked. Great! Current problems sorted. Mid table by February it is then.
hackneyfox Posted 15 December 2014 Posted 15 December 2014 No, I'm just of the opinion that I'd much rather play a left sided player on the left, than someone out of position. "Hey Marc, all those lovely crosses you whipped in for Villa last season with your right foot, we'd like you to do exactly the same with your left instead." Can you explain to me why Mahrez plays where he does then?
Mark_w Posted 15 December 2014 Posted 15 December 2014 Can you explain to me why Mahrez plays where he does then? I think it's pretty obvious that Albrighton and Mahrez are both better suited to playing on the right than on the left.
skmanuk Posted 15 December 2014 Posted 15 December 2014 As if a sad little WUM like yourself is privy to common knowledge in football circles. You're a poor man's IndyKaila. Attack the post, not the poster!
dayday Posted 15 December 2014 Posted 15 December 2014 Has there ever been a successful Manager/DOF combination?,I'm struggling to think of one.
Carlos88LCFC Posted 15 December 2014 Posted 15 December 2014 Hopefully having Cambiasso at the club he can get on the blower to some of his pals and his agent and we can get a few quality signings that will help us stay up. Failing that, I'd want to be in the Championship with Pearson in charge. I think if the owners stick with him, he will show is loyalty and help us get back up.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.