Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Away v West Ham 2014 Post Match 2-0

Among all the moaning and replying to the moaning, there is a good debate to be had about it

No one can tell me the players hadn't earned the chance, we're the best promoted team for quite a few years and yes we may not have a squad full of Premier League players like relegated teams going back up like West Ham, QPR etc,... but christ those players were good together

And aside from us actually weakening the left side through not replacing a player we failed to retain, but we should have enough to be competitive

There is no explanation as to why these players are falling so short

Sure, the club failed to land the second forward Pearson obviously felt he wanted, but that alone can't be it?

The players just aren't up to it and quite frankly it's baffling how they could fall so far

Dare I say it might be down to motivation by the manager after all a lot of these players were the ones who thrilled us all at home against Man U

Same comments from me every week, we're just not good enough and we are going to have to rely on our opponents having a really bad day for us to get anything.

Our opening results flattered us, we weren't great then either apart from a 20 minute spell against United.

I'm not convinced the owners will spend in January, will they risk spending when we will probably get relegated anyway.

We need to somehow win one of the next 3 games to convince the owners there is still hope.

We weren't great then, Utd just collapsed. It was freak, once in a lifetime type stuff.

We did have belief then though, don't know what happened in the second half Vs Burnley where the good displays Vs Everton, Chelsea, Arsenal and in patches Vs Utd went out of the window and their equaliser (Thanks, James!) looked inevitable!

Really disappointed with the last few results.

First of all, the positives from that result that i can see is that we sort of dealt well with Carroll and his aerial threat, resulting in Hamer not really having a save to make. That's it really.

Negatives; How konchesky is a premier league player I'll never know. He's threatened to give a goal away via under hit back passes in the past, Newcastle springing to mind. It's a basic defensive rule "if in doubt, kick it out." Don't kick it to their centre forward. We have no game plan, and no plan B. Every time we have possession we play two passes then play a hopeless dink up field, where either ulloa wins it but he's not supported they win it and bring the ball forward. We were promoted playing possession-based passing football, so why has that changed? The players are still the same players, and so surely they should be playing to their strengths? Swansea managed to do it when they were promoted. For this game in particular, playing a 451 didn't work. Yes defensively it reduced their play through the middle, but going forward Vardy was isolated. Andy King is an attacking midfielder, yet cambiasso was often our furthest forward player behind Vardy. Again it goes back to playing to your strengths. King is a superb striker of the ball, yet lacks the physicality to play as a central midfielder in this league. Then, when we brought on Ulloa, we didn't put any crosses in until injury time. We just seem incapable of playing to our strengths.

The two things we lack most in this division is quality and composure. Nugents miss was a lack of composure. Jeffrey schlupp would be a dangerous player if he had an ounce of composure.

Time is running out before the board get restless, and Nigel has a hell of a lot of work to do in the transfer market, especially now he has no excuses for missing out on HIS targets

I've put you on ignore you utter mongol. If you don't want to see my posts then put me on ignore.

I'm not making daft excuses - it's clear each week we aren't far off, but we are acting like our own worst enemies: look at it - Koncheskys awful back pass, Simpson being completely asleep vs Man City, Moore giving Clark room to run and Schlupp ignoring Hutton. They aren't unavoidable goals, they are goals where we've ****ed up and where a bit of alertness and a bit of care would have seen them avoided. Likewise the promising situations break down because, when given room on the edge of the box, we try to work it, and work it, and work it, trying to score the perfect goal rather than just having a pop. It's over elaborate at the top, stupid at the back, and we're losing because of ourselves, not the opposition.

Utter Mongol...nice..very nice

Now get back under your stone and stop annoying people with your ranting.

We are pretty much down if we are going to continue like this and those who think not are deluded.

The team is awful. We've all, including Nigel misjudged their leap into the top-flight.
Even if we want to spend in January, who on earth would want to come to us?
Some of us are saying we were unlucky today. At times we did play some brilliant football, but at times. We lost the game. Like I've said before I can't see us winning a game for a long long time. 

To stay up we need an accumulation of wins, or points. We can't even get a win. 2/36 points is embarrassing. 

I'm getting to the point where every game I know we are going to lose and starting to think QPR and Burnley all along had a better team than us.

Something has got to be done. We cannot carry on like this. We are an excellent championship squad stuck at the bottom of the premier league.

If there is no change from this we will be down by Easter.

I would've loved the players from last year to have been good enough, but lets be honest, their not.

Sacking the manager is most definitely not always the answer but what alternative do we have.

Change the manager and spend some money. Will that work ??? Maybe. But doing nothing will result in relegation.

He was actually very accurately describing what happened today. Without those individual mistakes, which cost us dearly so far and which are forced by a different player each match, we'd be laughing to the bank and be above the relegation zone.

How can the players Pearson puts his trust in and which he instructed and set out to follow his game plan, come up with such fatal errors?

We weren't outclassed by the opposition, we were once more our own worst enemy by coming up with some of the most embarrassing schoolboy errors.

Pretty true of today

He was actually very accurately describing what happened today. Without those individual mistakes, which cost us dearly so far and which are forced by a different player each match, we'd be laughing to the bank and be above the relegation zone.

How can the players Pearson puts his trust in and which he instructed and set out to follow his game plan, come up with such fatal errors?

We weren't outclassed by the opposition, we were once more our own worst enemy by coming up with some of the most embarrassing schoolboy errors.

Correct. The biggest problem though is, Swansea aside where we were just shite, that's been the exact same story every time for the past 13 games.

Same comments from me every week, we're just not good enough and we are going to have to rely on our opponents having a really bad day for us to get anything.

Our opening results flattered us, we weren't great then either apart from a 20 minute spell against United.

I'm not convinced the owners will spend in January, will they risk spending when we will probably get relegated anyway.

We need to somehow win one of the next 3 games to convince the owners there is still hope.

I don't think they flattered us at all, they outright sucked us off.

We took to many risks at the start of the season. Here they are :

- Sticking with the players that got us here

- Letting Lloyd Dyer go and not signing a replacement

- Giving unneeded players a contract extension

- Not signing any premier league experienced players

NONE of these risks have payed off , what does that say. Whoever is in charge of contracts and recruitment is to blame.

Being bottom at Christmas is almost like relegation is confirmed, so we may as well stick with Nigel, as he is the gets man to get us back up.

I don't care what you say , our LONG TERM future looks good, and I would rather be in this position than nearly going in to administration and being in financial trouble.

To dispel the "risks we took":

- Sticking with the players that got us here: Ulloa and Cambiasso have been more or less playing on a regular basis and just recently, Pearson has started to introduce Simpson at RB.

- Letting Dyer go: The club offered Dyer a one-year deal; he declined and instead signed for Watford where he's found his spot on the bench

- Contract extensions: Surely he thought the contract extensions would act as a means of motivation? Especially given the fact they were deservedly handed out to our standout players last season. His fault his players are letting him down?

- Not signing players with PL experience: He signed Albrighton, Upson and Simpson - all of which have Premier League experience. Konchesky's also played at this level, but after today's game, that experience amounts to nothing if you start giving the ball away like an 18-year old novice.

I agree with the rest, though. Although I'd have loved to see us putting up more of a fight each game. All that joy and that wave of enthusiasm has completely evaporated ever since the Burnley home game. Since then, we've been chasing shadows and also experienced some bad luck along the way (own goals, bad clearances, etc.).

Why even bother sacking Pearson at this point? What on Earth is Pulis gonna do with this squad?? I'd trust Pearson more with signing players at least, he's shown he's able to at least be able to unearth unknown talents..saying that, those kinds of players probably aren't good enough in the Premier League, but Pearson would probably know that.

Sorry but i disagree, i think its down to the manager. The same players that couldn't win in 16 games 2 years ago - would you have said they wasn't good enough then get rid? Cos a year later the majority of the players romped the league

These players are good championship players, I can only think of 2 or 3 players that could make it in the premiership. The rest are simply not good enough. Look at the last few games, the goals that we have conceaded are through individual errors, nothing the manager can do. I'm not defending Pearson as I really don't like his attitude and stubbornness. However it's the players that win games.

No it isn't..

The club, like many on this forum, grossly underestimated the quality of the Premiership.

We made very average signings (and I include Cambiasso in that).

We do not have enough quality at the club.

Why do you think the Thais are now panicking and promising spending? They know we are fooked.

Cambiasso disappointment of the season for me, how people lick his arse is just baffling

He's just not competitive. Early in the season, before accommodating him in the starting lineup we were competitive in the middle.

Ulloa is pretty far from average though, earlier in the season we created chances for him and he scored them, in the poor run since then he's put in a hell of a lot of miles but with the woefully reduced competitiveness of the midfield he's must not got the support and obvously not a single cross to him either.

Why even bother sacking Pearson at this point? What on Earth is Pulis gonna do with this squad?? I'd trust Pearson more with signing players at least, he's shown he's able to at least be able to unearth unknown talents..saying that, those kinds of players probably aren't good enough in the Premier League, but Pearson would probably know that.

**** knows. We're going down this season, bringing in someone else will just cause more problems. 

I've lost count of how many times I've said it the last few weeks but no win in now 12 games...12... surely even the greatest dye-in-the-wool Pearson fan must try to think objectively that the only way we stand a chance of staying up this season is to sack Nigel. It's horrible to say that after what he achieved in May but this is pathetic.

An 11th defeat of the season at this stage is woeful.

Season is over.

That was dross today, absolute dross. Probably all in all the worst performance I've seen this season (and I've seen them all) - So OK, we didn't lose 10-0 but I have never seen such miserable, scrappy, uncooridnated, incoherant football at Leicester. Very very poor.

Regardless of manager in/out the team are not good enough, the players, we must now admit, are generally sh*t in this division.

2 points in 36. People still telling me we can stay up? People still saying we didn't play bad? We are getting away with it because we are not losing by large margins but it's not just about that, these performances are SO SO BAD, seriously, I think Sunday League teams can string better passes together. There is no options up top, it's hoofball from the back, middle of the park don't know how to pass or play a real through ball. It is getting embarassing now.

I was feeling OK up until this point, I could deal with it but come on now people - let's get real. This season is over. This team is exceptionally poor. 2 points in 36.

An embarrassment to the Premier League is what we are, to be honest every player at some point in the season will perform well here & there; however there is no consistency in this team & our end product is absolutely woeful.

Fans dramatically overrated our chances & overrated our players.

A lot of doom and gloom about. Two winnable games coming up, beat Spurs at home then its Hull away who are so poor at the minute. 6 point and its back in the mix again

OK. Who's going to score the goals? WHo's going to create the goals? Who's going to stop us conceding?

Cambiasso disappointment of the season for me, how people lick his arse is just baffling

He's just not competitive. Early in the season, before accommodating him in the starting lineup we were competitive in the middle.

Ulloa is pretty far from average though, earlier in the season we created chances for him and he scored them, in the poor run since then he's put in a hell of a lot of miles but with the woefully reduced competitiveness of the midfield he's must not got the support

Well, to be honest, the reality was, I called it. I wish I was wrong, but I did.

Far too much hope and expectation has been placed on the shoulders of a 34 yr old that was released by a very average Inter side, playing in a league where the pace is much slower than the Prem.

Don't get me wrong, he's been no worse than any of em, and better than some, but on this very forum we have had certain posters claiming he's still a world class player! Genuinely.....

He's been given lots of 8's (in games where we have lost..as I predicted he would be) and very rarely criticised.

It's barmy... He's a decent player..but we needed better overall. And you are right, he was put on a pedestal pre season and has been continued to be adored since. I don't get it, I've never got it. But on here, I'm not at all surprised. I expected it.

If we are pinning out hopes on Esteban Cambiasso as our best player, we are fooked.

A lot of doom and gloom about. Two winnable games coming up, beat Spurs at home then its Hull away who are so poor at the minute. 6 point and its back in the mix again

Us beat Spurs?? We've already lost that game and it's 6 days away.

Can I have some of what you're smoking if you honestly think we're gonna beat Spurs?

Archived