Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Away v West Ham 2014 Post Match 2-0

The most painful thing for me is its almost an exact same performance to so many we've seen, especially away from home this season.

We haven't been truly hammered by anyone but teams are so so comfortable playing us.

Today you could argue its a mistake and a stunning strike but teams get one and look so comfortable so they don't need another. We are probably the worst side at keeping possession ever at this level. I know for an absolute fact this side wouldn't come close to replicating what we did last season.

Can someone tell me the last time we scored when Wes Morgan joins the attack and we lump aimless balls in? Has it EVER worked? In the championship even?

Well, to be honest, the reality was, I called it. I wish I was wrong, but I did.

Far too much hope and expectation has been placed on the shoulders of a 34 yr old that was released by a very average Inter side, playing in a league where the pace is much slower than the Prem.

Don't get me wrong, he's been no worse than any of em, and better than some, but on this very forum we have had certain posters claiming he's still a world class player! Genuinely.....

He's been given lots of 8's (in games where we have lost..as I predicted he would be) and very rarely criticised.

It's barmy... He's a decent player..but we needed better overall. And you are right, he was put on a pedestal pre season and has been continued to be adored since. I don't get it, I've never got it. But on here, I'm not at all surprised. I expected it.

If we are pinning out hopes on Esteban Cambiasso as our best player, we are fooked.

Cambiasso has been our most consistent and also best player so far, it's the rest that is worrying me.

Hardly any of our core Championship players from last season seem to have realized in what league we're playing now.

It's clear to see we should've stacked up on a creative attacking midfielder, a skilled winger, a left-back and a centre-back with Premier League experience (although the Upson case is a rather unfortunate one in that regard).

It just never feels like we can get back into the game when we go a goal behind. You could almost forgive the defensive mistakes if we actually had a means of equalising, but the cutting edge going forward just isn't there. The hesitancy in and around the opposition penalty area is so frustrating to watch.

How much longer is it before some of you join the real world.

You can't keep claiming that it's only down to individual errors, they happen every week for the simple fact that we aren't good enough.

Sick of hearing that 'we all thought the squad was good enough' there are plenty that didn't unfortunately the manager wasn't one of them.

Now the usual suspects have somebody else to blame, the sacks dof

Unbelievable

Take it you don't remember it then. We were the better team on the day, plain and simple. 

Stop being such a brainless heckler.

Yes I remember their 70% odd possesion and them having three times as many shots as us yes lol you utter tool. If Giroud had played they'd of seen us comfortable we drew because Sanago was useless. Bit like your football knowledge at times, utterly deluded. We had two or three chances we should taken towards the end to win the game that doesn't equate to outplaying them.

It just never feels like we can get back into the game when we go a goal behind. You could almost forgive the defensive mistakes if we actually had a means of equalising, but the cutting edge going forward just isn't there. The hesitancy in and around the opposition penalty area is so frustrating to watch.

yeh this first point is true, as soon as i saw we'd gone a goal down, then i heard there'd been another goal i had absolutely no doubt in my mind it was going to be 2-0, not 1-1. 

Nige will say we were unlucky, looked comfortable and created a few chances.

He'll say it's an individual error and in our mental state, going behind, especially like that, is very hard to come back from. He has a point but did anyone watching that honestly believe we would score in the second half when we needed to?

Can't keep the ball under any kind of pressure and too many of our players look incapable in possession when pressed.

And teams like us do win games when they have less of the ball and far fewer shots. Burnley have done it. Infact we did it at Stoke. All teams in the bottom half do it regularly. The trick is to have a player who can score when it counts or to create some opportunities to put the opposition under some pressure. We fail on both counts.

Just heard the interview with Andy Carroll and he says it was good to score against a great team like Leicester.  :xmaslaugh:

Big Sam was banging on about what a great team we are and how today is the most important game of the season for West Ham as well...Something fishy going on...

Big Sam and Carroll on their way to the KP

We're still 5 players short at this level, and leaving aside the should-we, will-we debate, I just can't see 5 quality players joinig a side bottom at Christmas.

But looking forward, we can learn and progress from this. IF, and its a big IF, the board keep the management onside, and we only lose the obvious players in the summer (Schmeichel, Konchesky, Cambiasso, Hammond, Wood, Wasyl, etc) then we can win the Championship again, and make a much better fist of the Premiership next time in 2016-17, with older and wiser players (Mahrez, Drinky, De Laet, Hamer to name a few), a more experienced manager, AND a better understanding of what is needed to succeed at Premiership level.

Like I said, its a big IF.

We weren't outclassed by the opposition, we were once more our own worst enemy by coming up with some of the most embarrassing schoolboy errors.

But there is no need to be outclassed. Teams are awaiting for us to make an error and then they stick the cruise control on.

There has to be a responsibility at the club and manager for failing to sort out the left hand side. Konchesky did the same mistake against Leeds last year but he was let off by a Kasper save. Konck has been consistently chosen this year yet he's simply not good enough and we've known that for 2 years.

NP Says

Leicester City manager Nigel Pearson: "The first goal we conceded was a big blow for us, the second was a quality finish from Stewart Downing and we continue to not be able to take our chances. Their goalkeeper made three saves and our players are very disappointed, but our destiny is still in our own hands.

"I can look my players in their eyes and see they are very much up for the challenge. We have seen enough positive performances to suggest we will turn it around but we have to do it soon.

"It is not a case of shirking the responsibility or sticking my head in the sand. I'm very aware of our situation, but we are capable of changing it."

NP Says

Leicester City manager Nigel Pearson: "The first goal we conceded was a big blow for us, the second was a quality finish from Stewart Downing and we continue to not be able to take our chances. Their goalkeeper made three saves and our players are very disappointed, but our destiny is still in our own hands.

"I can look my players in their eyes and see they are very much up for the challenge. We have seen enough positive performances to suggest we will turn it around but we have to do it soon.

"It is not a case of shirking the responsibility or sticking my head in the sand. I'm very aware of our situation, but we are capable of changing it."

zzzzzZZZZZ

NP Says

That's nice Nigel. 

Archived