Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Away v West Ham 2014 Post Match 2-0

Looking at the positives of yesterday:

We started well and looked capable of holding our own until Konch's **** up.

We looked good after the triple substitution, a risky thing to do but it paid off (kind of).

Seeing Kingy run the half the length of the pitch to make a challenge on the by-line.

Ben Hamer didn't put a foot wrong all game, I think we may have lost by more if Kasper had been playing. Hamer's positioning and kicking is better for a start.

And the most important for me - the team spirit from last season is still very much there and was very obvious before the game.

Slate me if you wish but I'm still in the 'Pearson in' camp

Katy what's brought you back after what seems like years?

I like pearson, but it's starting to look like he was not good enough for the BPL, he admitted the signings were his, konchesky did not play the whole season in the championship so what made him think he was good enough for the BPL so we needed a new addition there, Dyer needed replacing the transfer dealings were just not good enough

And that's the problem. If the diagnosis is our transfer dealings then you can't really play the blame game so many are willing to do. Did Pearson get all the players he wanted? Did he think these players were good enough?

Do you honestly think he wanted Konchesky as first choice LB, 'cos I don't!

What sort of budget did the owners give the manager?

Did Terry Robinson fail to secure key targets or was it because of the restrictions he was under?

I know the owners are fantastic but the more I think about it, the more I think that they've tried to spend as little as possible. This could be down to the manager thinking the current crop of players could cut it. It could be down to them wanting to recoup some of the 100 million they've written off since coming here. I wouldn't blame them for that. 

The problem we have is that there are so many different possibilities yet people are always trying to highlight one thing that is our downfall. For me, it's a number of things that have gone wrong and I don't think changing the manager will have much effect on that. We also don't necessarily have enough information available ourselves to know what's going on. There is a lot that goes on behind the scenes at a football club. I know this from experience so I try to take a wider view of things when there are problems at football clubs.

We have lots of issues but personally I think our main one is the quality of player. They're trying every game but making mistakes and just not cutting it. There are other things going wrong but some of them stem from this. 

We don't look convincing at all it's a joke. We get into decent positions then have no end product. Mahrez & Drinkwater both got into the six yard box and didn't even shoot. King goes backwards constantly, even when he's in a position to shoot. It's like we try and make everything hard. That's in addition to the fact most players aren't good enough.

I don't get why we started without Ulloa, I get the point we're away from home but we should be looking to hold the ball up and only Ulloa offers that. Vardy/any small striker has no chance and Tomkins & Reid probably had the easiest games they will ever play. We're trying to play stupid long balls to a small striker. No chance of winning anything. As soon as we kicked off Konchesky gave the ball away and it summed up the rest of the day. His backpass was woeful and he didn't even look before playing it, but he does it constantly.

So frustrating.

The only players who looked positive yesterday, were mahrez and nugent.

Mahrez did well with the cutting in again on the edge of the area but then he struggles with his final decision making on what to do with the ball and then he gets tackled and loses the ball

When Nugent came on, we actually looked more capable of actually scoring in yesterday's match when we played 2 up front instead of Vardy on his own!

I thought Drinkwater had a great game for us yesterday. His passing was crisper and his movement was better than the last time he had a run in the side. This proves he is a good player as he's learned form watching from the sidelines. I also thought King played well.

But we really need players with stature and strength and they don't come cheap in January. With a few additions and a little run we'll be right back in it.

I think if NP doesn't spend wisely then he could be gone in the Summer.

And that's the problem. If the diagnosis is our transfer dealings then you can't really play the blame game so many are willing to do. Did Pearson get all the players he wanted? Did he think these players were good enough?

Do you honestly think he wanted Konchesky as first choice LB, 'cos I don't!

What sort of budget did the owners give the manager?

Did Terry Robinson fail to secure key targets or was it because of the restrictions he was under?

I know the owners are fantastic but the more I think about it, the more I think that they've tried to spend as little as possible. This could be down to the manager thinking the current crop of players could cut it. It could be down to them wanting to recoup some of the 100 million they've written off since coming here. I wouldn't blame them for that. 

The problem we have is that there are so many different possibilities yet people are always trying to highlight one thing that is our downfall. For me, it's a number of things that have gone wrong and I don't think changing the manager will have much effect on that. We also don't necessarily have enough information available ourselves to know what's going on. There is a lot that goes on behind the scenes at a football club. I know this from experience so I try to take a wider view of things when there are problems at football clubs.

We have lots of issues but personally I think our main one is the quality of player. They're trying every game but making mistakes and just not cutting it. There are other things going wrong but some of them stem from this. 

I agree with you there, what will changing the manager actually achieve? they will still have the same players that are not good enough

Firstly...I'm not part of the pearson out brigade. I think if we do go down (highly likely)....I would rather have nige at the helm.

Yesterday was quite bad in terms of basic qaulity. Before konchesky had put Carol through...he had already hoofed the ball staright out of play under very little pressure.

Jeff had an absolute mare too. His touch, passing, shooting....is nowhere near the qaulity that is needed at this level.

Overall...I'm struggling to understand what the game plan was yesterday? Was it to contain and then to try and counter? Was it long ball? Was it using the width? For me....it was try not to look too sh!t and hope they don't score.

The fans were excellent yesterday again and I hope the players appreciate that.

It annoys me how much the team pass back to the keeper and put Hamer under too much pressure.  His kicks aren't his strong point and he looks a little nervous doing his run up before clearing them, so why do the defence constantly do it?  I wonder if he feels that he's not part enough of the team to tell them to not do it as much.  Konch has made so many bad back passes in his time here, hopefully he'll be dropped for the next couple of games so we can have knock/Mahrez on the wings switching it up.  Shame we didn't keep Miquel.

Watching the game we started to create once the changes were made yet the win had gone, why can't they play like that for the whole game.

I still think if we can get someone like Jarvis and Defoe then we could have a chance to scrape 17th.

We can't blame one single person for this but several parts.  Pearson showing faith in a team that earned a place in the prem, players not stepping up and repaying the club/manager/fans, the DOF not making sure we get our targets no matter what and being general skinflints.

One thing that summed us up yesterday, towards the end of the second half, Kockaert chasing round Song and Kouyate while they took the piss. Dictionary definition of men against boys.

Song had an easy game. Tidied everything up in their midfield.

On another note, I find it APPALLING that that both the players and manager are refusing to talk to radio Leicester after games, I think that's a disgrace which wont help their cause at all

Hyperbolic nonsense. It isn't appalling - it's insignificant. You're only angry because you don't like the manager and are trying to find more reasons to attack him. The refusal to talk is nothing in itself and you know it.

On another note, I find it APPALLING that that both the players and manager are refusing to talk to radio Leicester after games, I think that's a disgrace which wont help their cause at all

What are we missing out on? Stringer asking questions that won't be answered, and any answers not revealing anything interesting or enlightening. The lads still believe, errors costing us, fine margins etc.

The problem we have is that there are so many different possibilities yet people are always trying to highlight one thing that is our downfall. For me, it's a number of things that have gone wrong and I don't think changing the manager will have much effect on that.

Spot on, and this for me is why we're as good as down.

It's all fine margins, but we keep being on the wrong end, and it isn't a co-incidence.

Too many of our players fall just short of being good enough and collectively it's dangerous.

Hyperbolic nonsense. It isn't appalling - it's insignificant. You're only angry because you don't like the manager and are trying to find more reasons to attack him. The refusal to talk is nothing in itself and you know it.

Im sorry but your are COMPLETELY WRONG. I like NP and always have.... I for one haven't at any point called for his head so please get your facts right......

I stand by my point, them not talking to Radio Leicester is appalling..... They are the link for the fans to the club etc and the least we deserve is to hear from them, win, lose or draw. I appreciate there is other media but its our local radio station and im not happy about it, I think its petty

What are we missing out on? Stringer asking questions that won't be answered, and any answers not revealing anything interesting or enlightening. The lads still believe, errors costing us, fine margins etc.

Its irrelevant...... The radio station are entitled to ask the questions they do, NP can refuse to comment. To completely blank the fans through the local station is extremely poor on the clubs behalf and very amatuerish

Its irrelevant...... The radio station are entitled to ask the questions they do, NP can refuse to comment. To completely blank the fans through the local station is extremely poor on the clubs behalf and very amatuerish

No matter how you look at the ban, even if he'd refuse to comment, it would still cause the people who want to see him out of this club to comment on his behaviour in a negative way, criticizing him in the process.

They don't like the man, but fail to see they're hating a phantom.

And who needs post-match comments anyway? You listen to the answers of most managers and they're completely interchangeable. Media want soundbites - or do the post-match interviews have any worthwhile content to boast about? Do they make you any smarter? Will you spend days gnawing on Pearson's every single word?

Im sorry but your are COMPLETELY WRONG. I like NP and always have.... I for one haven't at any point called for his head so please get your facts right......

I stand by my point, them not talking to Radio Leicester is appalling..... They are the link for the fans to the club etc and the least we deserve is to hear from them, win, lose or draw. I appreciate there is other media but its our local radio station and im not happy about it, I think its petty

That's an absolute myth. You act like there's no other way of ever hearing from Pearson.

Why not try an alternative like Sky Sports every Thursday. I'm pretty sure they'll get more out of Pearson than Stringer does (not hard)

I don't think they should continue to boycott but as a one-off thing it makes a point to the RL presenters that they can't just behave like tits and ask whatever they like (I know it's now not a one-off thing). Radio Leicester have just as much of a responsibility for the situation as NP and the team. It's not solely down to the football club to build the relationship with radio station. They need to be thoughtful about the questions, especially since the local radio have paled into insignificance this year with all the other bigger broadcasters interested in our PL club. Some might take the Stringer line of "he's only doing his job". I think that's a stupid veil to hide behind. Persistently asking Nigel about his job security and making comments like "is that it for Nigel Pearson?" as a piece of commentary during the game is also APPALLING. 

Really simple for me, when the team spirit goes the manager goes, from what I've seen it's still very much there.

The manager is burying his head in the sand, like a cult leader him and his followers know the end is near but refuse to accept it. This cult has gone beyond it's need, its destruction is the right thing to do.

Archived