Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Away v West Ham 2014 Post Match 2-0

Another game where we didn't play all that badly but a self-inflicted error lost us the game. As soon as we went behind I thought it was over, we'd do well to score and they could get a second and game done. In the first 25 minutes we knocked the ball around quite well and got forward, then an inexplicable decision by Konchesky to try and back pass from the halfway line, without even looking, put Carroll clear and no mistake. The second goal killed the game.

We got into a lot of promising positions yet were crowded out or a bad touch lost the momentum. Adrian made three fine saves and when we got the ball down instead of hoofing to Vardy we looked a competent team.

It's clear that we are a committed team lacking in quality, lacking in nouse and lacking in being streetwise. Lots of spirit and energy but if you can't finish chances, make the set pieces count and undo encouraging work so carelessly then we'll sit bottom until May.

Fans were great again, to finish my post on a positive. Loud, consistent, light-hearted and not turning into a mob mentality around the manager.

Think about this guys, if Leicester don't stay up they are never going to again have a chance of staying up. For all those who love their Championship Football week in and week out, year after year. Guess what? You will get your wish.

Merry Christmas everybody.

How'd you figure that? If we go down, and then come back up again, we'll still have a very good chance of staying up. This season might turn out to be a bust (and it's seriously looking that way), but it says nothing of future excursions into the prem - if it did then the o'neill years would never have happened, because we got relegated the year before.

Konchesky + Schlupp.

The worst left hand side the top flight has ever seen?

This totally agree spot on worse combination between both in Leicester City history ever. How Pearson can persist with this combination down our left hand side truly is shocking. Both, very poor players at this level. Schlupp makes Junior Lewis look credit worthy at premier league level.

We simply are not good enough and for all our huff and puff we had two shots on target in ninety minutes of football.

Thats now 2 points in 36, no goals scored again something has to change, time for the manager to go.

We were playing pretty well (albeit looking dodgy with long balls up to their big lump) until Konchesky slid in a beautiful through ball to said lump. Then we were bullied, they were far too powerful than us with a weak ref, and dominated most of the game. We only really started playing well, as usual, when 2-0 down and the game was pretty much gone. Some nice play last 15 mins, good saves from Adrian but we should finish them. Good atmosphere until they scored, we were pretty average after that, their fans were poor. 

Pretty rubbish display really, personally I'm enjoying being in the top flight whilst it lasts, better West Ham away than Millwall, better Man City at home than Yeovil. 

Oh yeah to add to that, not sure I get the tactic of lumping it up to Vardy/Mahrez, baffling if you ask me. West Ham can do it as they have big lumps up front (where's this new style of play they apparently have? They just pass it to get it into the right position to lump it then lump it, or lump it from free kicks in their own half), but we don't have the players and it doesn't suit us. Konchesky is a liability on the ball, has been all season. Again, they physically bullied us today and that's where we lost it. 

This game was a nightmare, and we were a f-----g laughing stock. Why did I bother to go? F--- knows.

Thanks Pearson, for being so dreadfully, and inexcusably bloody naive. Now you" f--k off and die", to use your own words.

Was it you having an arguement with someone at the end of the game, back of the stand, near the guys with the Leicester flag?

Same old story. Played ok-ish, conceded one good goal, one due to a terrible mistake, only looked dangerous once it was too late.

This was the easiest to take because I knew we'd lose so just made the most of the rest of the day and now only one more Prem ground to tick off (WHL).

Just feels like such a wasted opportunity that we're trying to compete at this level having hardly spent anything in the summer and players like Schlupp in the team every week.

Just sat here thinking how depressing it was watching the game, but then began to chuckle.

I've not read all four pages, but I was giggling after remembering James Bond landing on his head, climbing over the advertising hoardings lol, the only thing to bring a smile to my face in the whole 90 minutes

That's like the 3rd time Konchesky has misplaced a backpass this season, and he was finally punished. Another little thing that annoyed me regarding Konch is when being subbed it took him ages to walk off almost like he couldn't give a toss

When the fans sing " we loose every week , your not special we loose every week"

Sorry it's time for a change of manager

I wasn't sure up UNTIL today

But enough is enough

"We lose Every week , it's not good enough , Nigel you have to go "

UPDATE

Today I'm sober and more rational , and although it's aweful stuff really , The team tried hard off first and last 20 mins, wouldn't mind the 11 that finished the game start on Boxing Day and then see what he can do in transfer window , as someone pointed out , it's not over yet

When the fans sing " we loose every week , your not special we loose every week"

Sorry it's time for a change of manager

I wasn't sure up UNTIL today

But enough is enough

"We loose Every week , it's not good enough , Nigel you have to go "

It's LOSE you moron.

Just got back home, it's boring now, mismanagement is a understatement, defence, what a farce, why have we the same defence as last season? Blah blah blah, it's a proper shambles, and anyone who thinks otherwise can bore off. We huff and puff, try hard, give everything but it's not good enough in this league. What a wasted opportunity. Back to the Championship with our tails between our legs.

That backpass lol lol We could start our academy LB and probably concede less. What a useless bellend Konchesky is.

He's not had the worst season to be fair, he's been better than I thought he would be, he is clearly past it though and needs replacing we all knew this before the start of the season.

I'm not being funny I play left back and i'm right footed and I'm a amateur footballer and I can't even see the thought process that would lead to that back pass.

Interesting that Phil Neville stated the problem started with Morgan who gave Konchesky no angle to make a safe back pass. He literally didnt even look up though.

Terrible point and irrelevant, Morgan was as far back as his legs would carry him but even he did make an error, stick it out of play when your 45 yards from goal on your wrong foot with no idea whats going on in the center of the pitch.

Watching FLS and genuinely looking forward to being back where we belong.

Yeah, we might actually win again. Our players (albeit a couple) just don't belong at the top. Last season was as good as it will get for most of em.

I think if we counted how many times konchesky has given the ball away this season, we wouldn't be in any doubt that the problem with Pearson is that he has his favourites regardless of just how bad they are

He does the same ****ing thing every time he gets passed to. Let's it run along in front of him and when it gets near to the sideline he kicks it up field. Most of the time it goes flying out to absolutely no-one. 

It's not just him though. Morgan, Wasyl, Simpson, De Laet, Moore. Every single one of them loses the ball at least 3 times a game. I don't know what Morgan is thinking when he kicks the ball up field. They're so unbelievably out of depth. How many times did West Ham's defenders lose the ball? Probably less times than Simpson/Konchesky alone.

Whoever is coaching them needs strangling.

Archived