Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Away v West Ham 2014 Post Match 2-0

Didn't we run away last season after a dodgy first third?

I can forgive Pearson a lot, especially this season as it is his first full stint in the Premier League.

Once more, we started off brightly, only to be undone by an individual error.

How is it Pearson's fault that from game to game, a different player ****s it up and the whole team has to pay for it?

Because he's the manager/coach? That plus we don't have the quality or wherewithal to withstand mistakes and come back from a goal down.

Because he's the manager/coach? That plus we don't have the quality or wherewithal to withstand mistakes and come back from a goal down.

I don't see how a manager is responsible for an individual's mistake during a football match. He is responsible for tactics and the starting eleven, but once the whistle goes, you can only influence the game punctually (shuffling formations, adjusting a player's individual approach, substitutions). He surely isn't responsible for lapses of concentration during a game. Otherwise, he'd need to be psychic. :D

Some people make it very easy for themselves by simply saying "but he's the manager". So what? Players have always made individual errors ever since the game started, I don't see other managers getting attacked for it as much as Pearson is getting flak now while we're in that slump of ours.

Ever since the Burnley home game, we've somehow lost the fight and spirit to respond to being a goal down. Yesterday, we only showed glimpses of that when we were already 2-0 down. So, we've got to work on that confidence.

Says the bloke who was sure City were gonna finish above QPR this season, so much so, he gave it the big un and proposed a big bet on it i believe?

You've changed your tune..

lol

Why don't you laugh at the end of the season instead of taking the mick out of people now?

You're so desperate to shove your QPR and Lee ****ing Cattermole fetish up people's arse, it's unbelievable.

Can't wait? Well, where's your patience gone?

Besides, you change your tune whenever you see fit, too. :thumbup:

Why don't you laugh at the end of the season instead of taking the mick out of people now?

You're so desperate to shove your QPR and Lee ****ing Cattermole fetish up people's arse, it's unbelievable.

Can't wait? Well, where's your patience gone?

Besides, you change your tune whenever you see fit, too. :thumbup:

You're so desperate to suggest we are 'learning' that your posts are coming across recently as desperation. An MC Prussian post that was a little different from this same theme would be refreshing.

You're not daft are you? Perhaps just admit that you are just plain wrong at present. We aren't really learning and now have 2 points from the last 36.

I admire your optimism but its coming over now as desperate. And you STILL don't go on to suggest how we turn this around, other than just keep doing what we are doing. That would be worth reading.

You're so desperate to suggest we are 'learning' that your posts are coming across recently as desperation. An MC Prussian post that was a little different from this same theme would be refreshing.

You're not daft are you? Perhaps just admit that you are just plain wrong at present. We aren't really learning and now have 2 points from the last 36.

I admire your optimism but its coming over now as desperate. And you STILL don't go on to suggest how we turn this around, other than just keep doing what we are doing. That would be worth reading.

I've mentioned a couple of times that the January transfer window and the period up until there would be very interesting and crucial. Players would have to take their chances in December to prove they're ready for battling for survival.

I am desperate insofar as this whole wall of fans with their demands and their high expectations can feel crushing at times and I think the criticism is not entirely justified. I never said we'd roll this league. Of course I thought we'd do better and sell ourselves better with more positive results, following the hype and the highs in May and over the summer, I was being bold and said we could finish as high as 10th. But when I look at our financial ramifications and the squad that got us promoted, then it's easy to say now we should've rectified some of it in the summer and added a handful more of players with PL or top flight experience (without breaking the bank).

Collectively, I think we've adjusted well to this league. The most frustrating part is that individual mistakes have cost us dearly. Even more frustrating when you see it's mistakes made by our captain (Morgan) or a player with loads of Premier League experience (like Konchesky yesterday).

He's not had the worst season to be fair, he's been better than I thought he would be, he is clearly past it though and needs replacing we all knew this before the start of the season.

I'm not being funny I play left back and i'm right footed and I'm a amateur footballer and I can't even see the thought process that would lead to that back pass.

I blame Konch. I don't blame wellens anymore.

When were we at our best last season? When Jeff played left back and as a result we had more of an attacking threat down the left with Knocky or mahrez and jeff on the overlap.

Konch had a good start to the season I hear you cry. Oh no he didn't. Unbelievably one of our best players of last season. You know our other full back. Became a massive scapegoat by losers on this site.

Konch is useless. He knows it. That's why he took the pay cut. The problem is the arrogant prat Pearson, who is always smiling away in interviews, doesn't.

There's not many miracles at Chritmas really so hoping for a REAL one where quality players who could join better teams than us agree to come and join the depressive relegation battle dressing room environment every week and risk their reputations for us just isn't going to happen. What worries me most though is the impact a continuing run like this has on the players and therefore their ability to get a Championship winning mentality back for next year as most of them are on long contracts .... Next season isn't a foregone promotion as many relegated teams prove ....so I am more concerned of the long term effects, we went down 10 years ago with a better team than this!

Looking at the positives of yesterday:

We started well and looked capable of holding our own until Konch's **** up.

We looked good after the triple substitution, a risky thing to do but it paid off (kind of).

Seeing Kingy run the half the length of the pitch to make a challenge on the by-line.

Ben Hamer didn't put a foot wrong all game, I think we may have lost by more if Kasper had been playing. Hamer's positioning and kicking is better for a start.

And the most important for me - the team spirit from last season is still very much there and was very obvious before the game.

Slate me if you wish but I'm still in the 'Pearson in' camp

the problem I have is, I don't see anyway this form can change because we don't look like we can actually win a game going forward is lacklustre and the at the back it's like a broken net.

If we go down I will still love Leicester and go enjoy going to games so what will be will be, I am just going to enjoy being in the prem while we are here even if we are losing

Among all the moaning and replying to the moaning, there is a good debate to be had about it

No one can tell me the players hadn't earned the chance, we're the best promoted team for quite a few years and yes we may not have a squad full of Premier League players like relegated teams going back up like West Ham, QPR etc,... but christ those players were good together

And aside from us actually weakening the left side through not replacing a player we failed to retain, but we should have enough to be competitive

There is no explanation as to why these players are falling so

Sure, the club failed to land the second forward Pearson obviously felt he wanted, but that alone can't be it?

The players just aren't up to it and quite frankly it's baffling how they could fall so far

Totally agree, was saying the same after the match it really is baffling how poor we have become,yesterday showed that amongst other things we are too lightweight,they were physically stronger and I am not just referring to Carroll, I would add that I still think there are a number of players who can make it in the premiership but they need some quality help.

Looking at the positives of yesterday.

I'm in the Pearson camp and think he can turn it round but if we have to hear the above statement many more times I'll have a mental breakdown! There are very few positives left to take when a team is 5 points adrift of safety having taken 2 points from the last 36 points.

Its painful to watch atm but it can turn with an effective use of the January market. We haven't been drubbed for 3 or 4 in many of the games which means with an attacking player or two with real quality and tightening up the defence (a left back please for FFS!!!) means we can turn this around. If we can put a little run of 2 or 3 wins together then we will come right back into contention. However, if we haven't picked up points by FT Liverpool (a) then I'm afraid its probably all over.

There's no excuse for what Konchesky did yesterday and for that he should go in January.

Van Gaal added: "We kept the ball well in the first half but we did nothing with the ball. You have to be creative and effective with the ball - we didn't do that."

Van Gael said after yesterday's draw at Villa

That's been our problem all season along with individual errors.

Interesting that Phil Neville stated the problem started with Morgan who gave Konchesky no angle to make a safe back pass. He literally didnt even look up though.

I also thought that was interesting, play the way your facing is schoolboy football but you should never pass the ball across the face of the goal, kick the f^cking ball out for a throwing!! blaming Wes for that is a joke.

If we did sack Pearson, I'd personally have no qualms with having Mick McCarthy as our manager.

I've always warmed to him as a bloke. Without a doubt, at Ipswich he's built a team. There are few big names but the balance of his side is superb.

Pearson is giving me the chills both on and off the pitch. His interviews have never been good, his excuses are becoming boring. I've said stick with him but its becoming ever harder to keep making this argument.

I'm in the Pearson camp and think he can turn it round but if we have to hear the above statement many more times I'll have a mental breakdown! There are very few positives left to take when a team is 5 points adrift of safety having taken 2 points from the last 36 points.

Fair point. Apologies.

However, I will have a mental breakdown if I don't look for any positives when we play, because to be honest it's a pretty miserable existence being a Leicester supporter at the moment.

Just two quick questions.

Is it possible to want Pearson to be sacked without hating/disliking the guy?

Is it possible to want Pearson to stay without liking/loving the guy?

I like pearson, but it's starting to look like he was not good enough for the BPL, he admitted the signings were his, konchesky did not play the whole season in the championship so what made him think he was good enough for the BPL so we needed a new addition there, Dyer needed replacing the transfer dealings were just not good enough

Well another weak performance with no positives to bring us any light this christmas. West Ham didn't even get into second gear to beat us, of course the first goal was gift from Konchesky who had an absolute stinker. The substitutions didn't offer that much as usual, taking off Vardy was a surprise as he looked more like scoring than anybody else. For me Pearson's done a great job goes down as one of the best managers but what is it now no win in 12 is horrendous for any club. When Derby in went down in 2008 at least they knew when enough was enough with Billy Davies. Time to go, it's embarrassing!, people who sing is name now need to look at the performances and the results. Never mind about throwing abuse at people just look at the performances. January's coming up and I'm not convinced he'll be able to attract the right players, knowing Pearson he'd sign more championship based players. 

Archived