Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

Recommended Posts

On 14/09/2019 at 13:56, bovril said:

Bosnia is beautiful, people are great and there are lots of quite unchanged parts. Montenegro has some beautiful landscapes but it's become a bit of a playground for rich Russians and Chinese.

 

I have just come back from Montenegro - I take your point regards the Russians etc but not let that put you off if anyone is considering going. The geography of the place is absolutely incredible. There will be times you won't find it easy ordering drinks/food but that's part of its attraction, it's untouched still largely bar the holiday resorts. Even the holiday resorts still have old towns etc within them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I have just come back from Montenegro - I take your point regards the Russians etc but not let that put you off if anyone is considering going. The geography of the place is absolutely incredible. There will be times you won't find it easy ordering drinks/food but that's part of its attraction, it's untouched still largely bar the holiday resorts. Even the holiday resorts still have old towns etc within them. 

That's true, I was being a bit dismissive. It's a beautiful country and I love the interior where you can really find some fantastic off the beaten track places. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Were off to LA for 2 weeks, and are trying to figure out an itenary, we want to go to Vegas, we dont want to palm springs or san diego, ....any other recommendations?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, StanSP said:

Forgot to say that I met a couple of Leicester fans at the Mestalla Stadium then the same ones at the airport again in the evening lol 

:wave: Nice to meet you Stan!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tomski91 said:

:wave: Nice to meet you Stan!

Was it you :o

 

Nice to meet you to if so! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Was it you :o

 

Nice to meet you to if so! 

Certainly was! 

 

Next time you're basing a holiday around a stadium tour let me know and I'll try and drag my girlfriend along too! :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/09/2019 at 16:47, Leicesterpool said:

Seriously looking into America next year for May time... thinking about Orlando. First visit to the states, probably be my dream holiday if I can pull this off.

If there's one thing i've noticed in the four years i've been on FT, is that British people love Orlando lol

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tomski91 said:

Certainly was! 

 

Next time you're basing a holiday around a stadium tour let me know and I'll try and drag my girlfriend along too! :P

Haha it's a fantastic stadium isn't it? 

 

How was the rest of your trip? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Detroit Blues said:

If there's one thing i've noticed in the four years i've been on FT, is that British people love Orlando lol

 

 

Sea world and Disney

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, rachhere said:

I love Orlando! If price is a factor and you can be flexible, the chartered airlines like Tui (Thomson) and Thomas Cook often do really cheap last minute fares as they struggle to fill their planes at that time of year (and even more so in September). Talking around £200 per person, and good packages on offer too. 

Yeah been looking at TUI doing some great deals there. There's one hotel I'm really keen, basic but cost effective.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

Yeah been looking at TUI doing some great deals there. There's one hotel I'm really keen, basic but cost effective.

Sounds great! Clarion Inn in Lake Buena Vista is always really popular for a cheap base - especially because of how well situated it is in the midst of everything. Be careful to look on Google maps to see where the hotels are in conjunction with what you want to do. For example, if you want to just do Universal it wouldn't make sense to stay in a hotel in the Kissimmee area. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, jonthefox said:

Just booked Zurich for march. Any tips welcome .

The lake is beautiful…. There’s a restaurant on a pontoon that’s worth a visit…

 

expensive part of the world, but, you’ll enjoy it

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/09/2019 at 12:40, Dr The Singh said:

Were off to LA for 2 weeks, and are trying to figure out an itenary, we want to go to Vegas, we dont want to palm springs or san diego, ....any other recommendations?

There's not much in between LA and Vegas really but if you head out a little further in to Utah there's some amazing places. Zion National park is only a few hours away and Bryce canyon only a little bit further. Both are stunning especially Bryce Canyon which is like being on Mars. IMO better than the Grand Canyon.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/09/2019 at 12:40, Dr The Singh said:

Were off to LA for 2 weeks, and are trying to figure out an itenary, we want to go to Vegas, we dont want to palm springs or san diego, ....any other recommendations?

Hire a car as public transport in LA is abyssmal and be prepared for traffic. 

 

Santa Monica and Venice Beach are nice. Down town is vile as you would expect. 

 

Worth doing the Pch if you can as its probably one of the best driving roads in the world. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/09/2019 at 19:40, Dr The Singh said:

Were off to LA for 2 weeks, and are trying to figure out an itenary, we want to go to Vegas, we dont want to palm springs or san diego, ....any other recommendations?

If you like a bit of good ol USA TV.. you can usually get tickets to the tapioing of a show, good for a laugh and an experience if thats your thing.

 

https://1iota.com/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Soup said:

There's not much in between LA and Vegas really but if you head out a little further in to Utah there's some amazing places. Zion National park is only a few hours away and Bryce canyon only a little bit further. Both are stunning especially Bryce Canyon which is like being on Mars. IMO better than the Grand Canyon.

 

Yes I agree with this also.

 

For those not wanting to venture outside of California but still take in a National Parks then you are not short on options. Id massively recommend Yosemite. It wasn't on my list of to do's unlike the Canyon, Zion etc but once id plucked up the courage to scale the cables on the "half dome" I was met with a view that for me blew the Grand Canyon out of the water.

 

Not sure what the fuss about Joshua Tree was either, lots of hype I heard beforehand but was massively underwhelmed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

 

Yes I agree with this also.

 

For those not wanting to venture outside of California but still take in a National Parks then you are not short on options. Id massively recommend Yosemite. It wasn't on my list of to do's unlike the Canyon, Zion etc but once id plucked up the courage to scale the cables on the "half dome" I was met with a view that for me blew the Grand Canyon out of the water.

 

Not sure what the fuss about Joshua Tree was either, lots of hype I heard beforehand but was massively underwhelmed.

All the NPs have their own beauty,and suprises,also depends on the Time of year. Joshua-tree is a desert NP,has the well known Jumping cacti, but also Beautiful

Forna,und natural landscapes. Staying put at Night in the various area of the different deserts,beautiful,mystic,Not without danger,but also again quite beautiful,for all those various reasons of Learning and Educating onesself. Trying to compare to find The so called better-one,sort of denies the Experience & discovering,there us nothing the like that we can even Imagine their in Western-Europe.. 

 

Being alone ,in tue Glens,between the Munroes,High in the peak-district, then for their own Dynamic und Natural beauty,Drink in the thirst of the World's deserts!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

 

Yes I agree with this also.

 

For those not wanting to venture outside of California but still take in a National Parks then you are not short on options. Id massively recommend Yosemite. It wasn't on my list of to do's unlike the Canyon, Zion etc but once id plucked up the courage to scale the cables on the "half dome" I was met with a view that for me blew the Grand Canyon out of the water.

 

Not sure what the fuss about Joshua Tree was either, lots of hype I heard beforehand but was massively underwhelmed.

Yeah agree. El Capitan is truly awe inspiring. I remember seeing little dots on the face and then someone pointing out they were climbers. Mad!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/08/2019 at 10:59, Vince Vega said:

Just thought I'd chuck this out again in case anyone has been in the meantime.  Any feedback would be appreciated.

Considering going this time next year, appreciate it if let us know what you think. Cheers 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/09/2019 at 21:12, rachhere said:

Sounds great! Clarion Inn in Lake Buena Vista is always really popular for a cheap base - especially because of how well situated it is in the midst of everything. Be careful to look on Google maps to see where the hotels are in conjunction with what you want to do. For example, if you want to just do Universal it wouldn't make sense to stay in a hotel in the Kissimmee area. 

All booked up yesterday staying in the avanti resort, looks very cheap and cheerful and shuttle service to the city centre and theme parks. I've been told though by many you can't buy day passes into Universal? which find bizarre considering if you lived locally...

 

Going with TUI, doing a good deal actually pay so much a month till a few weeks before the holiday. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

All booked up yesterday staying in the avanti resort, looks very cheap and cheerful and shuttle service to the city centre and theme parks. I've been told though by many you can't buy day passes into Universal? which find bizarre considering if you lived locally...

 

Going with TUI, doing a good deal actually pay so much a month till a few weeks before the holiday. 

Yeah it’s meant to be great! You might want to get the odd Uber so you aren’t restricted by the shuttle times, but it wont cost too much to do so. 

 

You can get day tickets for universal, but have to buy from universal direct, so might as well get them when there. Last I knew it wasn’t that much difference though between a UK 14 day ticket and a two day pass (which you would likely need). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...