Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

Recommended Posts

On 22/09/2019 at 01:46, EastAnglianFox said:

Id massively recommend Yosemite

We did Vegas, LA, Grand Canyon etc etc... Yosemite was the MOST amazing experience!

Its expensive, but if you can, stay in the valley, it is just incredible.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Feel for anyone with Thomas cook and their employees. I’m currently sat on the shitter in my hotel room in Majorca. Luckily we went with jet2. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah we were due to go to Almeria next Sunday with Thomas Cook. Was on a credit card so we'll have no problems getting the money back, it's just a pisser. 

 

Other airlines have hiked their prices up, making it harder to rebook too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Krakow in December through Thomas Cook but flights are on Ryan Air so hopeful they will still be ok and maybe just have to re-book the hotel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Awful news for holiday makers and employees of Thomas Cook. The last plane landed about an hour ago, that must have been weird, taking off employeed but then landing without a job. 

It really is a good job they didn’t just walk out mid flight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys,

 

I'm in LA for 3 days, looking to do the usual touristy stuff, where should I base myself.  I do have a car but in the evenings I like to have a drink or 2?  

 

Should I base myself in Hollywood, Downtown or Santa Monica, any thoughts?

 

Prith

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Guys,

 

I'm in LA for 3 days, looking to do the usual touristy stuff, where should I base myself.  I do have a car but in the evenings I like to have a drink or 2?  

 

Should I base myself in Hollywood, Downtown or Santa Monica, any thoughts?

 

Prith

Hollywood is a dump. Go see it but I wouldn't stay there. Santa Monica is a good shout but also Huntington beach area is good as well. Plenty of bars and restaurants when I visited years back. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Mrs looked at cuba last week, £1500 ea., same holiday this week £2500?

have you seen the news 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ScouseFox said:

have you seen the news 

Oh yes, but a grand in a week!. I'm now thinking of driving down to the south of france and purposely using as much fuel as possible to pollute the atmosphere, as a protest.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Off to The Azores in a couple of weeks, has anyone been? Most people I've mentioned it to have never heard of it. Going to be doing a bit of whale watching and some hiking about the island. Should be a nice week.

 

For anyone who doesn't it's a group of islands in the Atlantic belonging to Portugal.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am getting married this November (proposed last March so it has been a bit of whirlwind organising the wedding)  so we have neglected the honeymoon until now.   However we are in a bit of rut at the moment in deciding what we would like to do.   My wife to be is a chilled type who is happy either sunbathing on a remote island or getting out and about.   Myself on an other hand is a bit of a neutroic and hate lazing around.   I would need to be active  (seeing the sights etc but I am happy with alternating days on pool/beaches)

 

Our budget is £5k for both of us and we are looking at flying out for 10-14 days either December or April half term as wife to be works as a schoolteacher.   We were considering Hawaii or Caribbean islands.   

 

Do you guys have any suggestions/recommendations?    I also saw a post earlier about flight prices rising,  I would have thought it would be for this month but it appears that it could carries over for next few months?  

Edited by The Blur

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Blur said:

I am getting married this November (proposed last March so it has been a bit of whirlwind organising the wedding)  so we have neglected the honeymoon until now.   However we are in a bit of rut at the moment in deciding what we would like to do.   My wife to be is a chilled type who is happy either sunbathing on a remote island or getting out and about.   Myself on an other hand is a bit of a neutroic and hate lazing around.   I would need to be active  (seeing the sights etc but I am happy with alternating days on pool/beaches)

 

Do you guys have any suggestions/recommendations?    I also saw a post earlier about flight prices rising,  I would have thought it would be for this month but it appears that it could carries over for next few months?  

I would recommend Mauritius. Great hotels, stunning beaches, plenty to do on the island and the people are great.

 

I think the weather is decent that time of year (I went in December). Maritim hotel and spa is where I went and I loved it.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I would recommend Mauritius. Great hotels, stunning beaches, plenty to do on the island and the people are great.

 

I think the weather is decent that time of year (I went in December). Maritim hotel and spa is where I went and I loved it.

i can second this!

 

i went Mauritius on my honeymoon is August 18, stayed at the 4* Ravenala attitude in Baclava. Like above had a spa, 10 resturants n had water sport options at the hotels, they also sorted Whale watching, Swin with wild dolphins and excursions for the culture side such as places like the Seven sands etc...

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/09/2019 at 09:37, Kalacs_Orthopedic_Shoe said:

Off to The Azores in a couple of weeks, has anyone been? Most people I've mentioned it to have never heard of it. Going to be doing a bit of whale watching and some hiking about the island. Should be a nice week.

 

For anyone who doesn't it's a group of islands in the Atlantic belonging to Portugal.

Nothing to recommend sorry but I've had a mild fascination with the Azores for a little while now and would love to go one day. Santa Clara are (obviously) the most westerly team that play in Europe which is cool, they're currently 6th in the league at the minute as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just come back from a mini European tour, driving across Central Europe doing some camping, staying in hostels and hotels. Some of the sights I’ve seen have really given me the urge to see more of the world. Since I’ve been back I’ve been looking at going to Canada and possibly hiring an RV. Has anyone on here done this or something similar? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/09/2019 at 10:46, yorkie1999 said:

Mrs looked at cuba last week, £1500 ea., same holiday this week £2500?

The Hotel Nacional is a great hotel to stay at if it's Havana you're going to. Love Cuba. There's absolutely nothing to spend your money on which is great!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mickey O'Neil said:

The Hotel Nacional is a great hotel to stay at if it's Havana you're going to. Love Cuba. There's absolutely nothing to spend your money on which is great!!

I love it too, been 3 times, but for me it's a killer coming home and need a fortnight to get my clock back. We were planning on a beach hotel and then 3 nights in Havana but i'm not getting stung for the sake of it. Bet the prices drop in january when the thomas cook thing's blown over a bit.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wrighty22 said:

Just come back from a mini European tour, driving across Central Europe doing some camping, staying in hostels and hotels. Some of the sights I’ve seen have really given me the urge to see more of the world. Since I’ve been back I’ve been looking at going to Canada and possibly hiring an RV. Has anyone on here done this or something similar? 

Went to Vancouver earlier this year and it was the best place I’ve been to. Amazing. You could do a great road trip round there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Went to Vancouver earlier this year and it was the best place I’ve been to. Amazing. You could do a great road trip round there.

That’s where I’m looking at going. Did you stay in hotels?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Wrighty22 said:

That’s where I’m looking at going. Did you stay in hotels?

Yeah I did we stayed in the Sutton place hotel. It was essentially an apartment not a room and I can’t praise it highly enough. Best hotel I’ve stayed at by far. Wouldn’t hesitate about going to Vancouver it has everything 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone have experience of getting connecting flights from Paris CDG and how easy it is?

1h30 layover on the way out and 4h20 on the way back

Heading there from Brum and then going long haul.

Ta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...