Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

• 3 weeks later...

Previously asked people on here for recommendations around Greece. Me and the mrs have booked a week away in Agios Gordios, Corfu for end of June. Looks like a perfect destination for us, literally a village that runs along a beach lined with restaurants and bars. Appreciate everyone making suggestions!

26 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Previously asked people on here for recommendations around Greece. Me and the mrs have booked a week away in Agios Gordios, Corfu for end of June. Looks like a perfect destination for us, literally a village that runs along a beach lined with restaurants and bars. Appreciate everyone making suggestions!

Was in Agios Gordios last summer with the mrs without the kids. 
Highly recommended, chilled out place. 
Check out the Ark bar on the beach, free sunbeds if you buy a beer and it’s waitress service, just lift your head up off your sunbed and they will bring you out an ice cold pint of mythos 😝

Lemon tree bar on the Main Street is good for a late beer in cool surroundings. 
If you fancy a day around a pool instead of the beach, check out Irena arpartments, nice big pool with a bar that non residents can use,  and the owner and is a huge football fan. 

4 hours ago, Blackboots only said:

Was in Agios Gordios last summer with the mrs without the kids. 
Highly recommended, chilled out place. 
Check out the Ark bar on the beach, free sunbeds if you buy a beer and it’s waitress service, just lift your head up off your sunbed and they will bring you out an ice cold pint of mythos 😝

Lemon tree bar on the Main Street is good for a late beer in cool surroundings. 
If you fancy a day around a pool instead of the beach, check out Irena arpartments, nice big pool with a bar that non residents can use,  and the owner and is a huge football fan. 

Top man thank you for that, it will be our first time in Greece so really can't wait. Chilled out is definitely what I need!

Just back from 10 days in Cape Verde. Cant recomend it enough. Beautiful place and the locals are so friendly. Beautiful beaches, boats to and fro to the many islands. Buggy racing on empty beautiful beaches. We will be booking again for next year. Now roll on Mexico in June/July.

• Like 2

Booked Egypt in May for a week in May. Makadi Bay. Staying in an all inclusive adults only hotel. Really looking forward to it. The beaches look great and you can windsurf/snorkel or just relax. We're mainly going for the weather, but hoping to get my open diving certificate in the red sea & go on a quad bike Safari across the desert as well. I'll write a review once I'm back - hopefully won't get the Pharaohs revenge! 

7 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Nice, I’m guessing you are staying near Parma or are you quite flexible?

I'm going to fly to Perugia and then work my way back overland, getting the Milan - Paris - London train. Since Parma are playing at home I thought I might stop there one night and try and get tickets. 

• Like 1

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

Has he been sacked?

Edit: just seen that games have been cancelled due to the spread of Corona Virus. Bit random as I haven’t heard of much of it over there.

Looks like parts of Lombardia are in lockdown after 2 elderly Italians died. Knowing what hypochondriacs the Italians are I can only imagine the panic. 

14 minutes ago, bovril said:

Looks like parts of Lombardia are in lockdown after 2 elderly Italians died. Knowing what hypochondriacs the Italians are I can only imagine the panic. 

Haha. On a serious note though 100 cases over there means it’s going to spread quite badly. Recon I’ll get the travel insurance sorted tonight incase I need to cancel it all.

On 21/02/2020 at 16:29, LcFc_Smiv said:

I can back up what Blackboots said.  Great place to chill out, lovely beach, places to eat etc.  It'd also on a bus route for a visit to Corfu Town too.

19 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Haha. On a serious note though 100 cases over there means it’s going to spread quite badly. Recon I’ll get the travel insurance sorted tonight incase I need to cancel it all.

Woman in Bergamo has now died and some countries advising against travelling there. 

On 21/02/2020 at 22:00, Costock_Fox said:

Booked a trip back to Bergamo for Easter to watch Atalanta V Claudio’s Sampdoria. Really looking forward to that!

Get some Casoncelli this time. Your artery’s won’t thank me but it’s probably the best pasta dish ever invented, TBF, IMO. 

On 21/02/2020 at 22:36, StanSP said:

Going Toulouse in June for a mate's stag do. Few days out there should be fun.

love Toulouse!

here's a great restaurant: 

https://www.tripadvisor.fr/Restaurant_Review-g187175-d778000-Reviews-Les_Copains_d_abord-Toulouse_Haute_Garonne_Occitanie.html

(try the Cassoulet)

another one: if you like steak-frites

https://www.tripadvisor.fr/Restaurant_Review-g187175-d793773-Reviews-L_Entrecote-Toulouse_Haute_Garonne_Occitanie.html

nearby a decent pub:

https://www.tripadvisor.fr/Restaurant_Review-g187175-d2510038-Reviews-The_Danu-Toulouse_Haute_Garonne_Occitanie.html

Edited by Dr Marco
  • Like 1