Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

6 minutes ago, Manini said:

Similar to a ravioli parcel filled with sausage meat, boiled, then fried off in butter with pancetta, topped with a hard cheese and olive oil. 

Sounds decent. Used to go to a local pizza shop over there and they would throw all sorted of random shit on pizzas, my favourite being chips lol 

Also throw back to the only Chinese in Bergamo serving sweet and sour Spagetti lol 

On 15/01/2020 at 12:52, Ollie93 said:

Japan end of April, recommendations?

in Tokyo 

Go the roof top bar at the park Hyatt (featured I lost in translation)

fish marker and the sushi bar next to it

Treat yourself to a ceremonial meal - not cheap but an unforgettable experience 

On 15/01/2020 at 21:23, ousefox said:

Great city but probably still only just gets into my top 10 in Spain - my favourite country!

I went a few years ago but it's just a lovely place to walk around and enjoy the coast. I did notice a big difference in the prices of food and drink compared to the south though. A lot more pricey.

We went to Burgos afterwards which I would highly recommend but it's a few hours away. I need to visit Asturias too - heard very good things. 

would love to hear your recommendations on Spain…. San Sebastián is one of my favourite European towns and if there are nicer places to visit I’d love to hear about them…

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

would love to hear your recommendations on Spain…. San Sebastián is one of my favourite European towns and if there are nicer places to visit I’d love to hear about them…

Valencia is great, Madrid underrated and Barcelona overrated!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

I'm in Valencia in August, any recommendations for food and booze?

2 hours ago, Wolfox said:

Valencia is amazing :D 

Go to Cabanyal and Malvarrosa beaches. 

La Paz does nice food. Everywhere will pretty much do paella as it was invented in Valencia. Must try it. I had Valencian Paelle which is chicken and rabbit.

Went to a place called Taberna Espanola - there's a dish there where they cook the lamb on a sizzling stove next to you so. Smells divine. Plenty of bars/restaurants you can just wonder round in to and enjoy.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Vince Vega said:

I can back up what Blackboots said.  Great place to chill out, lovely beach, places to eat etc.  It'd also on a bus route for a visit to Corfu Town too.

Brilliant, thank you! Yes we were looking at the bus to corfu for one of the days. I think there's various other bits of exploring we may do whether it's walking from there or just catching the bus and jumping off at a random place. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Any recommendations (dare I ask) booked Anne Frank museum, heard there’s a sex museum 😝 

Heineken Experience tour. As part of the tour you get 2 counters to have 2 free pints at the end of it. You're meant to put your counters in some jar at the end. No one checks if you do so you can keep going round. We ended up having a few pints (was only 2 of us) and some couple next to us didn't want there's so they gave us their counters as well. 

Avoid Bulldog bars. It's expensive in the city for bars anyway but even more so in the Bulldog brand. Sex Museum wasn't great! 

Definitely do the Ajax stadium tour. Really nice stadium. 

• Like 2