Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

22 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

Any good recommendations for Seville, I'm going in April.

Here is a list I always send to my mates who I've pestered to go and visit. I always find something new to do so this list is by no means exhaustive.

Cathedral - think it's the largest gothic cathedral in the world. Christopher Columbus' tomb is there (although apparently there's only a couple of pounds of his remains inside!). Climb the Giralda for a great view of the city. They've actually just taken the scaffolding off the Giralda so you're in luck.

Alcazar - beautiful palace with influences from over the last 1000 years starting from the Moors. The gardens are great too and where some of GoT was filmed.

Plaza de Espana - one of my favourite places in Seville. It is stunning. I would advise going at night when it's all lit up, is a bit quieter and looks incredible.

Barrio de Santa Cruz - nice narrow streets near the cathedral. There's plenty of shops and restaurants.

Golden Tower - by the river is worth a quick visit - nice views from the top. I wouldn't bother with a river trip personally.

'Mushrooms' - fairly modern building. I'm not sure how keen the locals on were on it when it first opened but I think it's impressive. A family friend previously involved in the council managed to get a Betis badge printed onto one of the panels so look out for that if you go up to the top. Interesting Roman remains below too.

Triana - just across the river. It used to be the old gypsy quarter and is well worth having a walk through. We always pop in and have a look at the market.

Museum of Fine Arts - worth a look if you're into that sort of thing. Velasquez was born in Seville but there aren't many of his works inside. More of Murillo and Zurbaran. Pretty impressive Torrigiano sculpture too.

Italica - if you have time to get out of the city this is definitely worth a visit. Old roman city with an arena that is in fairly good condition.

Also a simple thing I would highly recommend is going to Hotel Dona Maria's terrace bar. I always stay here. The bar is a bit more expensive but it is one of the most beautiful places to sit and have a few drinks you can find after dark. 

20 hours ago, Wolfox said:

Saw a Betis game there…. Much bigger following than Seville 

The main cathedral is amazing (Biggest something or other in Europe)…. Tomb of Christopher Columbus can be found there

The Parasol is great to walk round…. Amazing structure

loved this tapas bar (oldest one Seville). - El Rinconcillo

Our friends are Betis fans. They're the more working class club in Seville. I went to the Gran Derbi in 2014 and it was a great experience. Betis' stadium looks so impressive since they did it up too.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Anyone ever been to Valencia?

Yes, spent 4 nights there back in 2009. It was mine and my now wife's first holiday and we spent it permanently pissed and permanently lost. I don't know what it is about Valencia but I haven't a clue how to navigate my way around it, been since and had a few issues with locations hahahahaaaa

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Yes, spent 4 nights there back in 2009. It was mine and my now wife's first holiday and we spent it permanently pissed and permanently lost. I don't know what it is about Valencia but I haven't a clue how to navigate my way around it, been since and had a few issues with locations hahahahaaaa

This is new info at least lol 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

This thread will get pretty quiet.

Yep. We want to go away at Easter for a bit on sun but decided to stay put.

Thought about Centre Parcs but it's £1600 for 4 nights so fvck that.

9 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Fvck that indeed!

We went to Bluestone in Wales last year for a short break. About half the price of Center Parcs and was pretty decent. 

But I assume loads of UK places will be bumping up their prices this year...

15 minutes ago, Izzy said:

That’s madness. I’m meant to be going to north Italy but also fvck that.

On 26/02/2020 at 16:53, Costock_Fox said:

Anyone ever been to Valencia?

Yeah - sorry if it's a bit late for you!

Spent a few days there 4-5 years ago and I really liked the place. My favourite part is the old river which they diverted away from the city to stop it flooding.

They then converted the old riverbed into a public park with loads of different sections along it's length. So there's some sporting areas, some nice grassy/flowery bits etc. Take a nice long walk along it and it takes you to near the beach area, which in itself is really nice with loads of restaurants.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

The beauty of being in Canada is ive got so many places to see. A whole lot of bush and dirt trails. :ph34r:

We were due to have some Canadian friends come and stay with us next week. They have elderly parents here that they were going to visit, then head over to Disneyland Paris for a few days. 

They’ve just cancelled due to:

Not wanting to possibly infect their elderly parents. 
Their flight to Paris was with Flybe

😬

I’ve already booked to go Moscow at the end of April. 

Now undecided if I should cut my losses and not go and pay £150 for a VISA as I’m guessing they won’t refund that if shit hits the fan.

Also don’t fancy getting to Moscow and being told to stay indoors for 14 days.

We’ve booked 10 days in the canaries in June, after our holiday to the Dominican Republic got cancelled due to Thomas Cook.

Chances that this one gets cancelled are starting to look as bleak now!