Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

19 minutes ago, jonthefox said:

Just booked Zante for a week in august. Anyone been?. 

Went to Laganas with mates when I was younger, nicer than the other Greek party resorts.

But went Tsilivi last September with the Mrs and it was one of our favourite places we've been to. Plenty of bars/restaurants etc but also a nice resort. Make sure you visit shipwreck beach.

Where are you staying?

4 minutes ago, deejdeej said:

Went to Laganas with mates when I was younger, nicer than the other Greek party resorts.

But went Tsilivi last September with the Mrs and it was one of our favourite places we've been to. Plenty of bars/restaurants etc but also a nice resort. Make sure you visit shipwreck beach.

Where are you staying?

Thanks. We're staying in Argassi. Iv'e only just seen the whole island is 25 miles long and 12 wide. I reckon i'll book a car for a day to have a scoot around. 

On 09/01/2020 at 20:25, Raj said:

Cheers Soup.

We are planning an Easter trip.

Any other advice?

Palermo better yeah?

2 kids in tow aged 11,7 like abit of history etc as brownies we don't need to sunbathe!!!

Ask @bovril, he recommended some fantastic places for us but I’ve lost a lot of the details now.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, E.Rose said:

Thanks for your input 

I've looked at prices and with a discount they're coming up as around £60 less at the moment so it's looking like they'll be the ones I go with. 

If you do and plan to fly basic economy, i wouldn't bother upgrading to Economy Delight.  I couldnt hardly tell the difference in leg room. 

My last flight i paid £50pp for exit door seats. All the leg room you want and made the journey so much better. 

Booked a few nights in July at a place called Montanejos. It's about 90 km from Valencia. Only a small village but has a beautiful river that cuts through a mini canyon..Crystal clear waters and some high diving spots apparently. Did a bit of this last summer at another location and was such a buzz. Felt like a kid again.

21 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Tenerife for 3 nights next week, it’s been a long slog at work over the last few months so I’m well up for a break. Hopefully it’s warm enough to get the milk bottles out.

The bloke I'm working for at the minute has just got back from Tenerife. He reckons he had 20 degrees most days. Can't fault that for January. 

9 minutes ago, bovril said:

Has anyone been to the Basque Country? Planning to head to San Sebastian in spring. 

yep!

fantastic place!

plenty of bars and tapas food in San Sebastian!

you should go to Bilbao too! (Guggenheim museum)

and if you've got some extra time go to biarritz and st jean de Luz on the French side (pays Basque)

PS: you've got to try patxaran! fantastic liquor

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, bovril said:

Has anyone been to the Basque Country? Planning to head to San Sebastian in spring. 

Went for one night as part of a trip to south-west France (Bordeaux/Biscarrosse).

Went to San Sebastian. Centre is decent, easy to get around. Couple of very nice beaches and places to walk up. Some pictures...

e23SjzI.jpg

0s24IyU.jpg

(we climbed up that to the top of where the statue is)

gVeccWp.jpg

DIwQ5no.jpg

(you can see Anoeta, Real Sociedad's stadium, just in front of the dome (a bull ring))

Couldn't fault the city at all. Easy to get around and drive in to. 

Plenty of places to go and try some 'pintxos' too. Really recommend to just eat as much as you can in different places purely because it all tastes so good and it's not what you get in many other places around Spain...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yeah people tell me the food and drink are amazing. Would like to get off the beaten track too, maybe up the mountains. People say Asturias is really beautiful too.

I prefer travelling by train, and I've never really thought about Spain but Basque is like a 6 hour journey from Paris. 

On 10/01/2020 at 21:06, jonthefox said:

Just booked Zante for a week in august. Anyone been?. 

Lovely island…. The bigger resorts are not overly interesting…. Get a car and get out and about 

it all got flattened by an earthquake at some point 

Zante town Is interesting

Go to Keri - lovely beach and hire a boat - take some snorkelling kit…. You can dive too and they have turtle island off the coast there

Limnionas is lovely and has a little taverna there…. Good snorkelling too

Agios Nikolaos is where the ship wreck is… plenty of place to eat…. I ate a ton of fresh fish which simply barbecued is ace!

it’s a naturally beautiful island - enjoy

1 hour ago, bovril said:

San Sebastián is probably my favourite town in Europe

As mentioned Pinxtos - go down the main drag at around 9pm onwards and soak up the atmosphere…

the aquarium is ace, but, just wonder round the old town and take it all in…. The beach is beautiful and sandy too