Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

30 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I said to the wife at Xmas that we're either going on a pukka holiday this year or I'm buying a new car.

Decision made for me really ;)

I genuinely get the impression you don't like your wife, not just typical 'ha ha I don't like the wife' type jokes lol 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I genuinely get the impression you don't like your wife, not just typical 'ha ha I don't like the wife' type jokes lol 

Like the car, I wish I could trade her in for a newer model 

Just now, Izzy said:

Like the car, I wish I could trade her in for a newer model 

Izzy, positive, goes gym, good job

Izzy's wife, negative, lazy, only recently got a job*

We know how this is ending :S

*According to Izzy's posts

3 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Izzy, positive, goes gym, good job

Izzy's wife, negative, lazy, only recently got a job*

We know how this is ending :S

*According to Izzy's posts

:fc:

• Haha 2

Me and my girlfriend booked a week in Tuscany end of April.

Due to her previous health conditions which extend in her family we have decided not to go. We received a full refund off our Air-bnb but we have to see if the Italian government extend the quarantine past 3rd April to have a chance of getting a refund on our flights and another hotel through Booking.com. Because as it stands, it may be "safe" for one to travel (flights resuming etc) after April 3rd.

Shame. Never been Italy before and was really looking forward to it!  

11 minutes ago, maynefox said:

Due to her previous health conditions which extend in her family we have decided not to go. We received a full refund off our Air-bnb but we have to see if the Italian government extend the quarantine past 3rd April to have a chance of getting a refund on our flights and another hotel through Booking.com. Because as it stands, it may be "safe" for one to travel (flights resuming etc) after April 3rd.

Hard to see Italy being open as early as 3rd April.

"Italy’s coronavirus death toll rose to 1,441 from 1,266 on Friday, according to official data. The number of confirmed cases has risen to 21,157 from 17,660 over the same period."

Hope you get the refunds etc and get the chance to go in the future. It is a lovely country.

Anyone tried to changes flights with Easyjet online able to help? Tried to change mine but it just gives me the fees for the new flights rather than the different between the existing flight boking and new flight request.

1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

Well that’s New York out of the window. Just hope I can hey see money back. What a shit few months!

Did you have travel insurance? I think most insurers would pay out?

Depending on when you booked, anyway. I've seen some news stories/articles that insurers won't refund anyone who booked flights from a certain date during this whole outbreak.

Just now, StanSP said:

Did you have travel insurance? I think most insurers would pay out?

Depending on when you booked, anyway. I've seen some news stories/articles that insurers won't refund anyone who booked flights from a certain date during this whole outbreak.

Yeah had insurance just need to check it out now. 

1 hour ago, maynefox said:

I can’t see how they won’t extend it, I’m in the same boat but I’m due to fly to Bergamo on 10th April.

1 minute ago, stripeyfox said:

2020 - the year where no one goes on holiday.... 

I suspect the general public of Italy and Spain will be soon be bored of extreme measures (as our own government predict) and return to normal. 

I fully expect my summer jaunts to Mallorca to go ahead in June and July without hitch. I just cannot see a situation where the Mallorcan economy closes.its door to tourists

17 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I suspect the general public of Italy and Spain will be soon be bored of extreme measures (as our own government predict) and return to normal. 

I fully expect my summer jaunts to Mallorca to go ahead in June and July without hitch. I just cannot see a situation where the Mallorcan economy closes.its door to tourists

You would hope a way to detect whether you have the virus in minutes would be invented

20 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

We are supposed to peak in June though aren't we? They might not want us 

1 hour ago, FoxesDeb said:

We are supposed to peak in June though aren't we? They might not want us 

I just don't see the world at an emergency setting til June. It's simply not sustainable. 

By June I have no doubt infection rates will the through the roof - but correspondingly so will our levels of acceptance of it. 

They'll test for Corona virus in june no more than they'll test for a cold