Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

21 minutes ago, LVocey said:

Looking at something for next summer, has anyone had much joy in saving a bit by booking flights & hotel seperately? Or far easier to just book a package?

The advantage of a package is the ATOL insurance which comes from it, which considering sadly how precarious the tourism industry is can be handy. Onthebeach is worth looking at as you basically use their site to identify which flight you want and which hotel, then they put it together in a package and give you the necessary insurance certificate. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, LVocey said:

Looking at something for next summer, has anyone had much joy in saving a bit by booking flights & hotel seperately? Or far easier to just book a package?

The advantage of a package is that if something goes wrong (flights cancelled, terrorist incidents, bad weather, even things like coronavirus!) you're in the care of the package company until you get back to the UK.  If you book separate elements, you're on your own for emergency arrangements.  So if you book separately to save money, take into account what you lose as well as gain.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rachhere said:

Love that place! I am fortunate that one of my really good friends owns a holiday flat there. Nothing more relaxing than a drink at the Watering Hole! 

First time we've been, very nice place. We're staying on the Haven site and every second person seems to be wearing a City shirt.

• Like 1

On 12/07/2021 at 13:54, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Had 18 days all inclusive in Tenerife last month. Weather was perfect. Got up early and used the gym, rest of the day sunbathing.

Probably only half a dozen Brits in the hotel the entire time, mainly Spanish, Czech, Polish, French.

Lots of practice using Spanish which was great.

PCR was £80 before I left, £45 for an antigen before coming home, £99 for Day 2 & 8 tests.

Was called by Test & Trace every day bar one, they asked me if I was at home and I told them I was. Their grasp of English wasn't the best and were all obviously reading from scripts. Didn't have any knocks at the door. 

You missed the love in for your work colleague's ITV commentary against Denmark in the matchday thread

On 14/07/2021 at 18:27, Leicester_Loyal said:

Magaluf back on the amber list ffs, fed up of all this bollocks now, probably just gonna try and move it to next year. I'll have been double jabbed when we go, as have 2 or 3 others, but they'll be about 20 lads who have had 1 or even 0 jabs.

We're gonna try to move it to next year in May, but Ryanair don't have the flights for sale yet. Does anyone have any experience in doing so? I'll speak to them on customer support chat, but just wondered if anyone had done similar recently. I'll have had both jabs by the time we go but about 20 lads won't have, so no point going with just a handful of us, may as well wait. What I don't want to happen is to lose all my money I've already paid FFS.

On 14/07/2021 at 11:19, FLAN said:

In cleethorpes this week. Popped over to Grimsby and when I returned to my car this beauty was parked next to us 

We are everywhere 

CFF0C64C-DBBB-4664-B96F-AD5D5FF2BD62.jpeg

Earlier saw a big car in Syston with the registration 'G8gg8y'..

14 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

We're gonna try to move it to next year in May, but Ryanair don't have the flights for sale yet. Does anyone have any experience in doing so? I'll speak to them on customer support chat, but just wondered if anyone had done similar recently. I'll have had both jabs by the time we go but about 20 lads won't have, so no point going with just a handful of us, may as well wait. What I don't want to happen is to lose all my money I've already paid FFS.

If the flights aren’t available you won’t be able to do it. From east mids?

Most of the flights have been flexible recently so depends when you booked but you should be ok to move it.

Edited by Costock_Fox

25 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

That's right mate. Flights on sale only until October, which is only a few weeks later than we're going (last weekend in August).

I've got a feeling we're all gonna lose our money tbh.

EDIT: Or hopefully they can give us a voucher, but we'll probably lose the hotel money through loveholidays.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

That's right mate. Flights on sale only until October, which is only a few weeks later than we're going (last weekend in August).

I've got a feeling we're all gonna lose our money tbh.

I understand, you can rebook your flights twice

17 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Most of the flights have been flexible recently so depends when you booked but you should be ok to move it.

I had an interesting web chat with Ryanair earlier this week. 

Kids flights booked for next Tuesday morning, but too early for the testing centre to be open, so I wanted to change them to the following day. You can do this as long as it's at least 7 days before hand, so tried on Tuesday, but Ryanair wanted to charge me. 

The agent on the web chat said 'it needs to be before' 7 days. I asked him where it says that and he couldn't tell me, he just said it does lol Their own t&c's definitely say at least 7 days, but he wasn't having it, he just told me to make a complaint. 

It was cheaper to buy 3 new seats than pay the fees to change them! I'm still pretty pissed off about it, I've never had a bad word to say about them until now either. 

1 minute ago, FoxesDeb said:

I had an interesting web chat with Ryanair earlier this week. 

Kids flights booked for next Tuesday morning, but too early for the testing centre to be open, so I wanted to change them to the following day. You can do this as long as it's at least 7 days before hand, so tried on Tuesday, but Ryanair wanted to charge me. 

The agent on the web chat said 'it needs to be before' 7 days. I asked him where it says that and he couldn't tell me, he just said it does lol Their own t&c's definitely say at least 7 days, but he wasn't having it, he just told me to make a complaint. 

It was cheaper to buy 3 new seats than pay the fees to change them! I'm still pretty pissed off about it, I've never had a bad word to say about them until now either. 

Sounds about right 

3 minutes ago, Christoph said:

You book with companies like Ryan air, easy jet, klm and you roll the dice. What you save in money you risk with awful customer service.

To be fair to them, well Ryanair, they've always been OK for me, I use them quite a bit and never had a problem. They refunded me last year and I've moved flights before with no charge. 

I'm pretty sure they hope people won't bother complaining though, surely they have to keep to their own published terms and conditions if people take it further? 

Never had a problem with Ryanair myself either.

Just spoke to them a minute ago, the flight at the end of next month will go ahead, so it's our choice whether we're on it or not. They'll be fees to change the flight, but the date we want isn't even on sale yet, and some of the ones towards the end of the year we've picked are £500 + fees for 4 people, think our flight was only about £170 itself.

Next plan is to ask Loveholidays if they can move our hotel date to next year for nothing, then re-book flights for our preferred date when they go on sale. I think we're losing the original Ryanair flight money sadly, never imagined we'd still be in this situation, think we booked it in April 2020.