Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

1 hour ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Currently at Vauxhall Holiday Park in Yarmouth. Chav City 

I went last august, not the best holiday park defo not a 5 star what they boast! Some nice days out and about  though, Highly recommend a boat trip on the broads (hire your own boat for the day) stop of at few pubs 🍺,  a night at the dogs is also a good night to, food was spot on (lamb shank) here is the link for the boat hire couldn’t fault it 

Phoenix Fleet Ltd

The Staithe, Riverside, Repps, Great Yarmouth NR29 5JQ
01692 670460 https://g.co/kgs/UX6T8e

Edited by Kingleicester
  • Like 1

Just landed in Newark Airport after visiting the wife's family. 

At the airport to come here, the airline was boarding by groups. A group of Americans thought that meant 'a group' rather than seating groups (1, 2, 3 etc. ). I was laughing so hard, the wife was trying to get me to stop laughing at them.

As a note, I know not all Americans are like this... my wife and kids are Americans, but it's usually Americans making a fuss like that.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Hopes of going to Orlando in October slowly fading. Looking like a fourth cancellation. Swear this pandemic came around just stop me from going. Booked this back in September 2019 for may 2020 and still haven't gone.

US in October looks good pal, Biden has said he will outline the corridor very soon.  The top guy in US on covid has said by end of August the corridor will be ready.

Just now, Dr The Singh said:

US in October looks good pal, Biden has said he will outline the corridor very soon.  The top guy in US on covid has said by end of August the corridor will be ready.

Hope your right mate. Think I've waited long enough to go to America. Just got to pray this summer dont trigger another wave like last year. The only saving grace i can say is it at least we have some sort of vaccine out there.

1 minute ago, Leicesterpool said:

Hope your right mate. Think I've waited long enough to go to America. Just got to pray this summer dont trigger another wave like last year. The only saving grace i can say is it at least we have some sort of vaccine out there.

America doesnt care about Covid, you will be fine… it’s the hurricanes you need to worry about then lol 

Just now, Leicesterpool said:

:fc: No guarantees dude, but apparently the corridor with EU mad UK is costing £1.5 billion a week. I think we may have loads of shit tests to get in, but I think it will happen.

I want to go to Egypt in September..specifically the red sea where it's basically desert and scuba diving...Egypt is on Red list at the moment  so I've not booked anything I had my hopes up and plenty of annual work leave but I'm losing hope...

Lake district will not cut it

Edited by Adrian

Been in devon for a week and it was abso6 sensational.

Stayed in a lodge and with the weather bring as it is, youd have mistaken it for somewhere gorgeous in Europe.

Loved it and some of the beaches are top notch.

Some amazing countryside and scenario too.

Why flaf around abroad when you got all this on your doorstep.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Adrian said:

I want to go to Egypt in September..specifically the red sea where it's basically desert and scuba diving...Egypt is on Red list at the moment  so I've not booked anything I had my hopes up and plenty of annual work leave but I'm losing hope...

Couldn’t you do the Israeli side (eilat) …….they’re green and down there is a long way from any trouble …..

15 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I’ve booked five days on the tip of the Lake District. Boring bastard like me gets to see Barrow play hopefully on Saturday and I’ve managed to get a table at L’enclume for the Tuesday lunch 

Been meaning to go to L'enclume for years, please report back on how it is. And i've never been to Barrow's ground, so that sounds fun. Boring bastard!?!? Sounds superb!!

On 19/07/2021 at 08:29, grobyfox1990 said:

Been meaning to go to L'enclume for years, please report back on how it is. And i've never been to Barrow's ground, so that sounds fun. Boring bastard!?!? Sounds superb!!

Will do. Just booked a weekend in Marlow as well. Will try Kerridge’s pub (not his 2 star Michelin restaurant) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Will do. Just booked a weekend in Marlow as well. Will try Kerridge’s pub (not his 2 star Michelin restaurant) 

Been to hand & flowers, butchers tap & grill and the coach in Marlow. All superb, as you would expect from Tom Kerridge. I am normally not interested in 'quaint' and 'nice' English sleepy towns for more than a few hours, but Marlow and Henley are both really nice places.

Off to Tenby on Friday for a week with the tribe - can't wait.

My boy said "Daddy, how do we get to Wales in the car?"

I said, one in the front seat, one in the back seat, and you, your sister, and Mum in the boot" :thumbup:

On 18/07/2021 at 17:48, Adrian said:

Might want to think twice about Egypt lol...especially if you have a mrs. Read this thread on reddit about where people dont want to go back and there are so many Egypt stories lol

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/om38bx/what_is_one_country_that_you_will_never_visit/

The men sound like right slimey bastards over there. 

5 hours ago, Christoph said:

Might want to think twice about Egypt lol...especially if you have a mrs. Read this thread on reddit about where people dont want to go back and there are so many Egypt stories lol

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/om38bx/what_is_one_country_that_you_will_never_visit/

It's Reddit so it must be true...

6 hours ago, Christoph said:

17 minutes ago, jgtuk said:

It's Reddit so it must be true...

Unfortunately, it's very true.

I spent some time backpacking there with an erstwhile gf and it was a bloody nightmare - constant sexual harassment (despite my presence).