Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

21 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

They won't cancel flights as that means they have to pay out. They wouldn't have sh4t money on your flight, you were subsidised by all the people that booked, couldnt fly, and won't get a refund from Ryanair.

I think their customer service is terrible, they hire the absolute ****** of society who clearly do not want to be there, and will work for a few years before moving on. I remember a flight from Stockholm being delayed for 3 hours, reason: its been a long day.

That being said, you get what you pay for, and the reason i and so many others keep going back is because it is so cheap

Definitely this. They are certainly not going to win "Employer Of The Year" either. It's a horrible business from an ethical perspective, however, as a business owner, O'Leary has hit the jackpot.

I have used them before and of course, play by the rules and it is cheap. However, I do find myself now looking for alternatives even if it means paying a little more. The other problem is that Ryanair just seem to have all the popular routes with very few alternatives, especially if like most of us we fly from the Midlands.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

They won't cancel flights as that means they have to pay out. They wouldn't have sh4t money on your flight, you were subsidised by all the people that booked, couldnt fly, and won't get a refund from Ryanair.

I think their customer service is terrible, they hire the absolute ****** of society who clearly do not want to be there, and will work for a few years before moving on. I remember a flight from Stockholm being delayed for 3 hours, reason: its been a long day.

That being said, you get what you pay for, and the reason i and so many others keep going back is because it is so cheap

Yep, you make some fair points. Perhaps my praise.for ryanair is over effusive as i temper my expectations. 

I pays 50 quid for my flight and accept that potential poor customer service or a random cancellation to assist their scheduling is a price worth paying (though I've suffered neither after, at a rough guess, 50 flights with them) 

I don't see how non attendees for a.flight subsidised the trips though. I wondered if it was to do with maintenance of the planes or contractual things with the destination airport (I think some.locations actually pay Ryanair to fly there to boost tourism)

....Rebooking,  voucher and Cancellation were all easily.possible last year. I had zero trouble, even when I accidentally double booked a flight and suspected they'd play hard ball.over it (they didn't) .....

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Honestly it might be to a certain extent a myth but they really are a foul company trust me.

My mate works for them as a pilot …. quite eye opening …. and never good.   A master stroke by the Ryan family to get O’Leary in ..  the guy can turn any airline into a money making machine …. but customer care and staff care are very low on his agenda.  But that said, and like others have mentioned, they get you there efficiently otherwise customers wouldn’t come back.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Countryfox said:

My mate works for them as a pilot …. quite eye opening …. and never good.   A master stroke by the Ryan family to get O’Leary in ..  the guy can turn any airline into a money making machine …. but customer care and staff care are very low on his agenda.  But that said, and like others have mentioned, they get you there efficiently otherwise customers wouldn’t come back.  

Yeah my other half works for them as a pilot. I’ve got no complaints of them as a customer to be fair.

21 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Yep, you make some fair points. Perhaps my praise.for ryanair is over effusive as i temper my expectations. 

I pays 50 quid for my flight and accept that potential poor customer service or a random cancellation to assist their scheduling is a price worth paying (though I've suffered neither after, at a rough guess, 50 flights with them) 

I don't see how non attendees for a.flight subsidised the trips though. I wondered if it was to do with maintenance of the planes or contractual things with the destination airport (I think some.locations actually pay Ryanair to fly there to boost tourism)

....Rebooking,  voucher and Cancellation were all easily.possible last year. I had zero trouble, even when I accidentally double booked a flight and suspected they'd play hard ball.over it (they didn't) .....

You're very lucky to have flown so much with them and not suffered! I've probably taken 15-20 flights with them and about a third have been delayed.

My subsidising comment refers to the fact when your flight gets cancelled, youre getting a voucher which you probably won't use, rather than cash, alot of the time. I read some stat (source unknown) where only around 23% of those who got vouchers for cancellations actualy used them, and so many people got othing back at all. As Ryanair 'ran' the flight, you are not entitled to a refund.

Personally I got offered a voucher for a cancelled flight, after a relentless fight i eventually got the money back. I would advise haranguing this email address and phone number if you ever have a problem with them.

+353 1 812 1212
  [email protected]
  • Thanks 3

Good flight back from Portugal ..  airport nearly empty and sailed through customs after showing covid test and locator forms on my phone ...   only 15 on the plane and ..  just for once quickly through customs at Birmingham ...  bloke on the desk said all the checks were now linked on the computer which greatly reduced the turnaround time.   Had my first call to make sure I'm being a good boy and staying at home ..  tbh I couldn't understand half of what she was saying ...   3 times I asked her to repeat something at the beginning and eventually she said slowly and loudly ...   "Is it alright to continue in English!!" ...  and I had to bite my lip and not say ..  "Yes that would be preferable to whatever the fook you're talking now !!!!" ...   :)

On 07/07/2021 at 09:50, Countryfox said:

Customers come back a lot of the time because there is no alternative!

• Like 1

On 08/07/2021 at 07:26, grobyfox1990 said:

Personally I got offered a voucher for a cancelled flight, after a relentless fight i eventually got the money back

They are utter bastards at this. We got our money back eventually, but not after having to get over every hurdle in the customer shithousery service book. 

Contacting them and actually speaking to someone is near impossible. Who is that person / contact? I’m tempted to save in my phone and have it primed ready for the next time I have to (as in some routes there is no alternative) use them.

19 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Mrs unfortunately!:mellow:

Plenty of scuzz holes with big screens for sport to take her to.  But there's no sport on atm, so she'll be disappointed. 

Il chringo for drinks and eat. That's an absolute  MUST

Can blanc (or something like that) for smart beach bar, lunch, pre dinner cocktails

Petit Bistro just behind it

Elvis gaff next door to Bistro just for the sheer absurdity 

Prince of Punjab and a Thai gaff at that end of town too

Walk to San caliu to bamboo beach bar for brekky or lunch

Rincon next door to that for a decent dinner

Walk along front to magaluf for the cocktail bars near nikki beach

Rent a paddle board at the beach

Get a bus into Palma City

All very sophisticated so far, but nip into banana joes just to be English scum for a bit and belt out three lions, oasis etc

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Raj said:

Off to Devon sort of area near Exeter...nice succleduded resort so I can get away from "Its coming home" for a week....

Dunno Flair is in the area. Even if he’s at Penzance, three days on the rattler and you’ll head him screaming it in Devon 

44 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Plenty of scuzz holes with big screens for sport to take her to.  But there's no sport on atm, so she'll be disappointed. 

Il chringo for drinks and eat. That's an absolute  MUST

Can blanc (or something like that) for smart beach bar, lunch, pre dinner cocktails

Petit Bistro just behind it

Elvis gaff next door to Bistro just for the sheer absurdity 

Prince of Punjab and a Thai gaff at that end of town too

Walk to San caliu to bamboo beach bar for brekky or lunch

Rincon next door to that for a decent dinner

Walk along front to magaluf for the cocktail bars near nikki beach

Rent a paddle board at the beach

Get a bus into Palma City

All very sophisticated so far, but nip into banana joes just to be English scum for a bit and belt out three lions, oasis etc

Thanks for that, really appreciate it, for that I will buy some pannini stickers.

The Mrs will love banana Joe's, looking forward to it already.

1 hour ago, Dr The Singh said:

Going Majorca next Friday, any tips in Palma Nova

Like Panini said, definitely take a trip to Palma if you can, it's lovely. Lots of little squares to find something to eat, drink and people watch, and the cathedral is beautiful if that's your kind of thing. Lots of super yachts to drool over too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Dunno Flair is in the area. Even if he’s at Penzance, three days on the rattler and you’ll head him screaming it in Devon 

If he wakes up from his booze fest slumber...he might awake on Thursday!!!

3 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

Going Majorca next Friday, any tips in Palma Nova

Love the place  ….  so much to keep a man occupied   …. wow, where do I start ….  

3 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

..  what is it? Lads holiday? Mrs? Kids in tow? ..

2 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

Mrs unfortunately!:mellow:

Ahhh …. I’ll stop right there then …. 

• Haha 1

On 10/07/2021 at 16:12, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

They are utter bastards at this. We got our money back eventually, but not after having to get over every hurdle in the customer shithousery service book. 

Contacting them and actually speaking to someone is near impossible. Who is that person / contact? I’m tempted to save in my phone and have it primed ready for the next time I have to (as in some routes there is no alternative) use them.

It's the CEO team. As with most companies, there's no point trying to deal with customer services, they do not care and do not have any power anyway. Always best to go to the CEO with your gripes.

Had 18 days all inclusive in Tenerife last month. Weather was perfect. Got up early and used the gym, rest of the day sunbathing.

Probably only half a dozen Brits in the hotel the entire time, mainly Spanish, Czech, Polish, French.

Lots of practice using Spanish which was great.

PCR was £80 before I left, £45 for an antigen before coming home, £99 for Day 2 & 8 tests.

Was called by Test & Trace every day bar one, they asked me if I was at home and I told them I was. Their grasp of English wasn't the best and were all obviously reading from scripts. Didn't have any knocks at the door. 

• Like 1