Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

It's my birthday in a little over a week, so the missus says she's going to treat me to a few days away.  She was suggesting Dubrovnik.  Turns out she's only got about £250 to spare.

So we're off to Krakow & I'm paying.  Some fvcking birthday treat 

Anyway.  Any decent stuff to see, places to eat & drink?  We're there for 3 nights & I'll want to go to Auschwitz, but can anyone tell me what I need to do.....book now or when I get there, likely prices, etc?

41 minutes ago, pSinatra said:

It's my birthday in a little over a week, so the missus says she's going to treat me to a few days away.  She was suggesting Dubrovnik.  Turns out she's only got about £250 to spare.

So we're off to Krakow & I'm paying.  Some fvcking birthday treat 

Anyway.  Any decent stuff to see, places to eat & drink?  We're there for 3 nights & I'll want to go to Auschwitz, but can anyone tell me what I need to do.....book now or when I get there, likely prices, etc?

Do the Auschwitz/Saltmine tour in one day, you will want something light after the first of them and the mine is very impressive.

There is a cracking little vodka bar a few minutes from the main square that I will find the name of for you. It’s only small but it really is a very good, cosy bar with excellent drinks. 

Some great, cheap restaurants over there as well. Lovely place.

Edit- the bar is called Wodka bar.

Edited by Costock_Fox
  • Like 1

So it's his birthday, he's already paying and now we are sending him to Auchswitz? lol

Enjoy mate.

Seriously you'll love Krakow, cheap booze, lovely food and a lovely part of Europe, unspoilt.

Edited by MattP

4 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

I'm there in April, second time I'm going.  Were doing a drive from florida

That's a good drive that. Always planned on doing it as a road trip but got a really good deal on flights. Music, food and beer for 9 days, can't wait. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, CollinsLCFC said:

Just booked Las Vegas for a week in January.

4 nights in the Stratosphere hotel and then 3 nights in the Venetian. Absolutely can't wait.

Any tips and reccomendations will be appreciated! Never been before 

Definitely do the rides at the top of the stratosphere and if you’re feeling brave do the jump off it! 

Anyone been to Almeria? 

Dont really know anything about the place. 

Gonna be travelling with a 1yr old so looking for somewhere fairly close to England. After a villa type thing with a pool & near the beach. 

The prices here seem decent & flight times to/from East Midlands look good. 

2 hours ago, CollinsLCFC said:

4 nights in the Stratosphere hotel and then 3 nights in the Venetian. Absolutely can't wait.

2 hours ago, Wrighty22 said:

Definitely do the rides at the top of the stratosphere and if you’re feeling brave do the jump off it! 

We stayed at the Stratosphere years ago. The rides at the top are scary as fvck but if you're into that sort of thing you'll love it.

My big recommendation would be to do the helicopter ride over the Hoover Dam to the Grand Canyon. One of the most spectacular things I've ever done and a life long memory.

• Thanks 1

On 13/09/2018 at 16:50, Izzy Muzzett said:

I've only been to Disney Orlando but my understanding is that one of the Paris Parks is equivalent to Magic Kingdom and the other similar to Hollywood Studios.

If your Mrs is into all the Disney stuff and the characters then you'd probably be better off at the Disneyland Park which has the same attractions/lands as Magic Kingdom. 

The Walt Disney Studios Park (similar to Hollywood Studios) is generally more for adults I'd say as it has a couple of thrill rides/roller coasters. 

If she wants the traditional Disney experience then I'd say you're better off with Disneyland Park

@Izzy Muzzett...comes dressed up as micky mouse,at breakfast......doing a repertoire of his famous..foxestalk-jokes!!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, CollinsLCFC said:

3 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

We stayed at the Stratosphere years ago. The rides at the top are scary as fvck but if you're into that sort of thing you'll love it.

My big recommendation would be to do the helicopter ride over the Hoover Dam to the Grand Canyon. One of the most spectacular things I've ever done and a life long memory.

I can HIGHLY recommend doing the "Jump" off the top... its a fantastic buzz and amazing memory.

Edited by ozleicester

11 hours ago, Filbert_Ross said:

Anyone been to Almeria? 

Dont really know anything about the place. 

Gonna be travelling with a 1yr old so looking for somewhere fairly close to England. After a villa type thing with a pool & near the beach. 

The prices here seem decent & flight times to/from East Midlands look good. 

We stayed in Roqeutas De Mar in June, and we liked it. We also went with our 1 year old. There wasn't masses to do but it suited us.

We stayed in an all-inclusive hotel but went in some of the bars around our hotel and they were nice. If you had a couple of drinks they would bring some free tapas to your table, and got free shots on a couple of occasions too. It wasn't full of brits either which was refreshing.

4 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

We stayed in Roqeutas De Mar in June, and we liked it. We also went with our 1 year old. There wasn't masses to do but it suited us.

We stayed in an all-inclusive hotel but went in some of the bars around our hotel and they were nice. If you had a couple of drinks they would bring some free tapas to your table, and got free shots on a couple of occasions too. It wasn't full of brits either which was refreshing.

Sounds decent enough. The beach nice there? 

Dont mind it being a quiet area, just gonna need a supermarket to buy nappies from ? which I’m guessing there was one close by?

20 hours ago, CollinsLCFC said:

Breakfast at the peppermill is a must if you like food.

Secret Pizza in the cosmopolitan is amazing if you can find it!

Freemont street is worth a visit uses the Deuce buses so easy and cheap.

January is a decent time to go to very jealous.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Filbert_Ross said:

Sounds decent enough. The beach nice there? 

Dont mind it being a quiet area, just gonna need a supermarket to buy nappies from ? which I’m guessing there was one close by?

We had a spar outside our hotel which was handy, and yes it sold Spanish branded nappies. 

Beach looked nice, it was shingle though. Our hotel was on the front so we didn’t really use it. 

• Like 1